It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual weather for US after May 2?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Yeah, I'd take anything from that site with a huge grain of salt...

www.kdsanders.com...
bigmomma.newsvine.com...

edit on 27-4-2013 by redtic because: (no reason given)

But what he shows is pretty much the same thing the Weather Channel is predicting.

Cold plunge in May

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The source for this is the Weather Space, meaning it has absolutely zero merit. The man behind that website, Kevin Martin, is a fraud. It does a major disservice to the weather community in general to even mention his name when talking about the weather. The man is a psycho that can't get over the fact that he isn't a meteorologist...he also wants very badly to be Secret Window era Johnny Depp. The National Weather Service had to issue a public statement on him in 2011.

I actually do know quite a bit about the weather. The pattern is a bit unusual for this time of the year, but nothing that hasn't been seen before. 1944 comes to mind, with freezing temps all the way down to Atlanta, Ga on May 4th.

Honestly, it probably will get a little colder for the areas outlined, buy highly doubtful on a major snowstorm...definitely not likely for a tornado outbreak. The ingredients will not be there. Anything can happen though...weather models across the board for the last year have missed a lot of things, so any weather predictions made passed the 5 day mark should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You just gotta love it when people down play the crazy weather as normal. Far frm normal but hey if you want to pull out a 1940"s card then have at it. LOL

The Weathers making its point right now again. You don't have to wait till after the 2nd. But who knows after the 2nd its probably going to be a lot worse.

It was plus 16 today where my sister lives in Alberta. Tonight its going to minus 11. Woot Woot! Anything but normal. France goes from 80"s to 18 in 16hrs. Woot Woot. But hey everything is normal.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the HAARP and Chemtrail forecast pages on the site?
www.theweatherspace.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yes, same here. We're only JUST getting leaves on the trees so most of April has felt like a barren March. ~10 degrees below normal on average for April. I'm still trying to break out of hibernation mode!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
You want the best long term weather predictions, visit the Farmer's Almanac.

FANTASTICLY accurate.

YES. I do follow the almanac and didn't see any freak storms for any regions, but still posted the article for interest sake. I am continually amazed how accurate the almanac is!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
The source for this is the Weather Space, meaning it has absolutely zero merit. The man behind that website, Kevin Martin, is a fraud. It does a major disservice to the weather community in general to even mention his name when talking about the weather. The man is a psycho that can't get over the fact that he isn't a meteorologist...he also wants very badly to be Secret Window era Johnny Depp. The National Weather Service had to issue a public statement on him in 2011.

I actually do know quite a bit about the weather. The pattern is a bit unusual for this time of the year, but nothing that hasn't been seen before. 1944 comes to mind, with freezing temps all the way down to Atlanta, Ga on May 4th.

Honestly, it probably will get a little colder for the areas outlined, buy highly doubtful on a major snowstorm...definitely not likely for a tornado outbreak. The ingredients will not be there. Anything can happen though...weather models across the board for the last year have missed a lot of things, so any weather predictions made passed the 5 day mark should be taken with a grain of salt.

Your post already sounds more reasonable than the original :-) But like I said, saw it and thought I'd toss it out there. Lots of people around here have already been planting, but country wisdom says hold off until late May and I'm sticking to that. Except for peas and root crops. If a freeze does happen, the local greenhouses will be happy that people come back to replace all the pretty stuff they planted too early!

Hope you're right on the doubtful major storms. If for no other reason, my psyche can't take anymore true winter...!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ever heard of Haarp?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

If you actually read the article on the site, you would have eventually got to this part:

Disclaimer: Remember, all products here are custom forecasts and are not issued by the National Weather Service unless otherwise noted. Tornado, Blizzard, Hurricane products issued by this website begin with the word 'TWS" in it. You will not see our products on the media either but that does not mean you need to bypass them. These are real forecasts and real threats.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
there seems to be 2 threads going on this so...

Well, not sure if this is all related but, where are the worms? I remember in the spring when it was raining, you couldn't take a step without stepping on them. This has been a very rainy spring and I don't see any worms. I am in Ontario, Canada; anybody else notice this?

Q. Why do worms come onto driveways and sidewalks when it rains? A. Dr. Dennis Linden, Cindy Hale, and other worm experts say that worms do NOT surface to avoid drowning. In fact, they come to the surface during rains (especially in the spring) so they can move overland. The temporarily wet conditions give worms a chance to move safely to new places. Since worms breathe through their skin, the skin must stay wet in order for the oxygen to pass through it. After rain or during high humidity are safe times for worms to move around without dehydrating. It is true that, without oxygen, worms will suffocate. But earthworms can survive for several weeks under water, providing there is sufficient oxygen in the water to support them.

...and where are the leaves, we have no snow here (southwestern Ontario) and the leaves are just starting to bud, they are usually out by now.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Thanks, joined and sent links to FB.

As this is the strangest year I have ever seen so far, adding more information ahead of time can only be a good thing.

Preps and plans for safety of family and pets are so important.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

They are ALL on my property!!! They are just now rising to the surface, have patients, they will come soon. I have seen so many it is noticeable. But I work in soil and 5 acres of property so that may make a difference.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

So were supposed to believe some off the wall website and you over every other weather service. 1944 is history the website has none juse entertainment. 60's next week and that I'll take.

I'm one that believes the internet causes global warming and the bad weather all by the rapid communications it allows. Oher than that it's just weather nothing strange just different like it's supposed to be

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just wondering where approx are you located? This is unusual for where I am located which I identified approx in my post
edit on 29-4-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The weather has been somewhat unusual in that this is the first time I remember experiencing a spring for more than a week in my area of the country. Normally we go from 40's and 50's to 80's and 90's over the course of a week and never turn back. Its actually been more like the weather I grew up with and expect. So in that regard, it has been unusual.

I read this morning that the surface temperature of the atlantic in the north-east is like 3 to 4 degrees fahrenheit greater than normal- the biggest shift in 150 years. That is more alarming than whether we might see a snow storm in May.

Waters off Northeast US coast unusually warm, says NOAA

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I am in the middle of mo. Funny I have so many plants ready to go outside but the weather is just too unpredictable. I have a feeling we will go from this to HOT and dry and windy.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah, I'm no meteorologist (like they even know much anyhow), but weather here in Texas has been...strange. Yes, I hear people all the time tell me its just because it's Texas, but I honestly think no one wants to hear me out when I say sh*t is weird.

I believe the weather is going to get continually strange and we may either has an unbearable summer or we may 'skip' summer. I dunno why, but I've had this 'skipping summer' vibe. Lots of rain and strange weather to come. No, it's not Illuminati... They have no say over the pole shift or the universal space weather that affects us, not saying they can't predict it and tie in some more charades.

We'll see.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's weird how people remember weather. It's kind of like the old story "when I was a kid, I had to walk 5 miles uphill through snowdrifts in bare feet just to get to school." Every spring is different. Last year it was cold late enough that not just my cherry tree, but many, many apple orchards in the area had next to nothing. A few years before that, it was cold enough after my cherries had bloomed I spent the evening stoking a smoky fire to keep the frost away. And several years ago, on a late May Saturday morning, prime garage-sale time of the year....and we sold all our winter coats because it was "chilly" enough to have an isolated snow shower.

Weather happens, but it's a chaotic and dynamic system of events that means it is very hard to forecast and very hard to classify what is "normal".

I consider all the weather above normal. I live in NE Indiana, where weather changes both drastically and frequently.
And so far, we have had day's in the 80's, then back below freezing, rain enough to flood some rivers, yet talk of a drought has started. We have tulips and some trees in bloom, hardly any leaves, worms, weeds, birds nesting....all the normal things of Spring, happening when they normally do.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Before any bombings and such.

Cool, so there were no bombings before your warning?

Were the atoms bombs dropped on Japan during WW2 fake, actually I remember reading a thread on here that this was the case.

What you fail to realize cryptic is so much happens every moment of every day, many things exist without your knowledge, maybe enlightenment is too bright for you and you require to dim the lights a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join