It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does 'That' Thread Have So Many Flags??!! Allow Me To Explain...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by abeverage

Dude, this is in off-topic chit chat...
Yeah, these threads get flags too.

If you feel but hurt, link me to one of your threads and I will flag it for ya just so you can feel a bit better.
Haha

Nope I am good just noting the irony in OP's post about highly stared & flagged posts with little content...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by SpearMint
I'm wondering the same about the thread in your signature.

Why? Don't you believe in the NWO? I've encountered a few people here who don't. I just wonder if they thought that all the big players on the public scene who have made public reference to it were just playing around or something.

No, there's no reason to. These public references are conjecture.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Why Does 'That' Thread Have So Many Flags??!! Allow Me To Explain...

No; allow me...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
It took me a while to realise this, but how clear it is once you see it. Now hopefully this thread doesn't get deleted, as it highlights what is really happening on this site.

To avoid breaking the rules, I won't link names of posters or actual threads, but basically, accounts are being set up and agent provocateurs are starting threads and then 'flagging' each others threads to create attention, which is then used to monitor our replies.

Next time you come to this site, look at the home page and if any thread has let's say 70+ flags, check out the thread. Now sometimes a thread is legit, contains excellent info and genuinely receives attention. Sometimes people over flag a MSM source or catchy title, but more increasingly, threads that do not warrant much attention at all are being overflagged to artificially create attention.

Once you identify these threads, check out the OP, go to their profile, there are account names on here with less than 10 threads started but close to 1,000 flags!!

Check out the content of these threads and you will see the content is poor, no detail, just usually a link to a video they don't even explain- but usually highlighting a key topic that would be 'of interest' to someone collecting data.

Agent Provacateurs flagging specific threads to generate artificial attention which is then used to monitor people's replies based on the subject.

Oh and for those interested, the main current reason for this is to identify who and how many people are showing 'sympathy with the enemy', namely Islam- take what I have said and do some research- check out threads and compare the number of flags in relation to number of replies and also the content of the replies and level of criticism to the OP- it isn't hard to work out...
edit on 27-4-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

thanks for saying what most of us were thinking
SnF

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
To be honest, i've seen a great increase in the number of accounts that get the minimum number of replies to be able to star/flag/post and then becoming inactive ... or 'inactive' if you want. I think they are used to create an artificial posting system that doesn't really rely on the people who read the thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I have seen that some members will have everything they do recieve a star or something Slayer is an example. He can throw up a one liner, then immediately delete ti and leave a blank post.....and someone will still put a star on it. Probably 4 or 5. ProtoplasmicTraveller was the same way. Zorgon, too.

People who tend to put up good quality stuff....they get a following of people who like to click that little star above them. Understandable and reasonable. But what the OP is describing...I have not seen.

Then again, I am not overly involved here. I typically get stars for either art, or a political viewpoint.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have been watching since the OP made this thread and have now seen a solid example.

Was fascinating to watch it happen.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join