It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorist Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the uptick of all media changing the definition of conspiracy theorist? My understanding of "Conspiracy Theory" is that it is a theory of conspiracy, which a theory is just an unverified opinion that there is evidence to support the claims but not 100% verified as truth. For conspiracy I think everyone conspires in one form or another, everyone will say they do something for reason other than their actual motives from time to time. They don't always have to be for negative things. Sometimes I conspire against my wife by telling her I did laundry to help her out but it was actually so I'll get some attention haha.

With that being said I think it is horrible that the news outlets are all giving conspiracy theorist a bad name, really makes me wonder if all the bad people they tell me about are actually all that bad. You know what I mean? Tell me what you think ATS'ers also post up some ideas about possible solutions is any.

Mods if I did this in the wrong forum sorry move or delete if I did anything wrong I'm still fairly new.
edit on 27-4-2013 by RagnarDanniskjold because: editing

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RagnarDanniskjold

Have conspiracy theorists ever had a good name? It scares the living # out of people and they react to that very negatively. I cant blame them, folks aren't exactly suggesting the world is perfect when any conspiracy possibly exists.

I get your point though. There really are good people just trying to figure out the truth out there, especially when stuff doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Everyone who thinks or acts against what is openly accepted is labelled negatively. Take the Freemasons for example. They had revolutionary thinking, and if it wasn't for them, society wouldn't be where it is today. They were once negatively labelled, and still are (in some areas) to this day.

People who think differently to what is accepted are portrayed as radicals and are negatively painted. It isn't fair, but it is what it is.

join