It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microcosm of a Macrocosm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Microcosm of a Macrocosm

How many of you will disappear without explanation? I was thinking about this the other day...I wonder how many times a member has ascended/descended only to not be missed by the other members? Ever just seen someone stop being here all of the sudden. If this is a microcosm of the macrocosm, then it stands to reason this has happened at least 1 time a day.

What is my point you ask, don't take life for granted, it can change in a heartbeat. Those that come in here are basically anonymous faces (it is the internet) and we often take for granted the stories and shared information they give us. Sometimes, we strike a friendship with someone and they vanish...we start thinking, oh did I do something wrong...did I say something wrong...and this person is ignoring me....no, most of the time life is real problems that people have to deal with in real time that have nothing to do with the internet buddies they make.

Take what you can from your experience here but is not real life, it is an outlet from real life. I try not to take negativity on, I have enough, unfortunately, there seems to be an abundance of it....why? Because, it is a way to take out frustrations on people you really have no clue who they are and they have nothing invested in your well being, it is the internet, I just do my part, yes I can be caustic at times, but I would pretty much react in person the same way I react in here to any friend who presented any number of topics to me face to face, I cannot say that is the case with most.

From time to time I go to play games on Yahoo, and the people there can be so rude and obnoxious, accuse each other of cheating to play a game, it's ridiculous, but it's the internet. You have no idea the level of intelligence or the age of who you are dealing with, that is why if you do find someone in here that you connect with, don't take them for granted, they may disappear and you will not know why.

This can happen in every day real life too. You may be a waitress at a diner, and the same couple comes in every Friday for dinner, they sit at your station because they like you, that's real, they stop showing up...and you are left to wonder why? They were driving home one night and got killed by a drunk driver, but you did not know for many weeks what had happened...you thought you did something to upset them.

This is just an example...The reason I started this thread is because, I recently had thoughts that I had done something to alienate someone that I made a connection with in here and started thinking what did I do to upset them....then I got a message from them, they had been very busy, but they knew I would feel this way and reached out to me to make sure I did not feel this way. Very few would give a crap...and very few do.

But make no mistake about it, while it is appreciated, I cannot put my worth at risk over someone on the internet, I care for them as I do quite a few of you and hope for lives to have pleasant consequences, but I realize you could just disappear and I would never know why. I will try very hard to not jump to conclusions, but sometimes....

Soul

new topics

join