It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the biblical religions are dangerous?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

yep i really admire both his writings and the autobiography of Ben Franklin...it shows us these men were not evangelical Christians or Unitarians as the modern day theologians and preachers would like us to believe, that they were truly deists...and had a lot of common sense...that was why we even have a constitution to defend...

they saw even then that religion, organized religion, undermines freedom and free thought...the thing they were trying to promote was in danger from religion, which sets men up to accept tyranny and the sovereignty of a king...as England's king himself claimed the throne by "divine right"... which was a bunch of hogwash...nobody has any divine right over another, that is completely counter to the laws of the universe...

this is where the ideas of free will and the sovereign individual came from, which are tossed around today by preachers and misused...and in the very same breath contradicted...but this is not a surprise since their "flight manual" does the same thing...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by studythem1

so why did israel or judah eventually choose this god of war?

They didnt choose Yahweh. Yahweh chose them.

If you think the Old Testament judgements were bad, wait till he returns. It gets much worse for those that refuse salvation, and side with evil.

You will curse Him instead of repenting because of what you see coming to the Earth. No point in complaining about the Old Testament, his wrath will be complete this time around.
edit on 27-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I was a good boy. Went to church every Sunday. I prayed to God, had a good relationship with the paster and had many friends at church. I felt bad for other people because they didn't have the faith. I told people to convert or they will be crushed one day. One day Jesus will return and judgment will be at hand. But I know in my heart they were doomed from the beginning. Their deaf ears mean they have no good in their hearts. Most likely the ones who refuse to believe are not even human but demons.

Well that day happened today. Today I have seen the exact carnage that I knew would happen. With a smile on my face, I watched those who wouldn't listen die in the most horrible death possible. I couldn't get up a lick of sympathy for them because I told them this would happen. Judgment is here, death to the stubborn.

And now I bow before my God who has judged the world who deserved to be judged. I bow before Satan.
edit on 27-4-2013 by NoSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

NPR is probably one of the MOST balanced, intelligent news sources out there.
Thanks for posting the link!

they do seem to be the most balanced and level headed, but they still ignore certain things in the news...so i think its safe to say most news agencies, even the big ones that claim to be independent, have an agenda or are under the influence of someone who controls the flow of information...plus in certain locations especially they have a very skewed liberal agenda overall, that kind of to me, sullies their attempt to be objective...im not liberal or conservative, i choose no label for myself politically, i just know whats right and wrong...

the real news comes from the people who are there independent of any news agency of organization...it is eye witness reports that are vital to keeping news free and true...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

WHAT??!! Oh my, that's horrible!!

I don't think it's God or Jesus doing that, though. It's humans being awful.
I do have to wonder what "the rest of the story" is. Wow. You had a "smile" on your face while this was happening?
It sounds really bizarre.

That was some intro post.

edit on 27-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoul

Originally posted by milkyway12

so why did israel or judah eventually choose this god of war?

They didnt choose Yahweh. Yahweh chose them.

If you think the Old Testament judgements were bad, wait till he returns. It gets much worse for those that refuse salvation, and side with evil.

You will curse Him instead of repenting because of what you see coming to the Earth. No point in complaining about the Old Testament, his wrath will be complete this time around.
edit on 27-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I was a good boy. Went to church every Sunday. I prayed to God, had a good relationship with the paster and had many friends at church. I felt bad for other people because they didn't have the faith. I told people to convert or they will be crushed one day. One day Jesus will return and judgment will be at hand. But I know in my heart they were doomed from the beginning. Their deaf ears mean they have no good in their hearts. Most likely the ones who refuse to believe are not even human but demons.

Well that day happened today. Today I have seen the exact carnage that I knew would happen. With a smile on my face, I watched those who wouldn't listen die in the most horrible death possible. I couldn't get up a lick of sympathy for them because I told them this would happen. Judgment is here, death to the stubborn.

And now I bow before my God who has judged the world who deserved to be judged. I bow before Satan.

huh?

you realize you did not change gods, just labels...but its still the wrong one

but i guess people cope in different ways...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by NoSoul

I do have to wonder what "the rest of the story" is. Wow. You had a "smile" on your face while this was happening?

You completely missed the whole point of the post.

If you noticed I quoted someone who is a christian who is telling people they will die horrible deaths one day. A lot of christians think this way. I am trying to point out how sick the thinking is and to be careful because you could be worshipping the wrong side.

I think the christians who think death is coming, or a burning hell to others who don't believe a fictional book from a long time ago that is sick.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by NoSoul

maybe someone realized the truth and murdered a bunch of people because they could not handle it? thats creepy...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

ok thanks for the shock value and clarification...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I also believe preachers putting the idea in children's head that they will "burn in hell" is child abuse.

If Jesus is our savior, he will save all.

If a murderer can "repent" and get in heaven by simply asking for forgiveness yet a peaceful person who's mind isn't conditioned to believe all that's told will "burn in hell" this is not a just God.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

it is, its the same kind of abuse that terrorists use on hostages...bank robbers use on people in a bank...its criminal... plain and simple...even if it is only psychological, with no physical abuse...it sets up the mind to be abused even more...it violates the very free will it gives lip service to...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
www.thehypertexts.com...

A good read for why a real burning hell doesn't exist and isn't even mentioned in the bible.I'll add just a few quotes from it.

-A loving, compassionate, wise, just God could not create an "eternal hell" and fail to immediately warn the whole world about it. But obviously the whole world was not warned about the creation of "hell." Native Americans knew absolutely nothing about "hell" before 1492. Billions of people have lived and died, never having heard anything about hell or Jesus Christ. Would anyone who had never read the Bible consider God to be just if he died and woke up in hell? Of course not!

-Furthermore, the Greek word "Hades" does not mean "hell." As with Sheol, everyone went to Hades when they died: both words clearly mean "the grave."

-What does all this mean? If you believe in a loving, compassionate, wise, just God, you might conclude that "hell" has always been either an error of translation or an outright human fabrication. Why would human beings invent hell? Well, as ancient Greek philosophers like Celsus pointed out, "hell" was a good way to control the behavior of the unwashed masses. And "hell" has always been a handy way to increase church attendance and revenues. But what about the emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing of innocent children? Surely their innocent hearts, minds and souls are vastly more important than the coffers of churches!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

thanks for the link...this thread is turning into a great resource for more information...

kinda puts it in perspective when jesus said that those who are abusive deserve the grave...those who mislead the children, who call their brother an idiot because he does not believe the same...tyrants...are all worthy of death...and i dont think he was saying literally kill them, but referring the hypocrites to their own rules and challenging them to follow them, that is: if they really believed their ideology, they would commit suicide...since they could not kill themselves they looked stupid, and embarrassed, and wanted to shut jesus up, so they wanted him dead...
edit on 27-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

References would be nice, instead of taking your word for it. No, Wiki does not count as a reference.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

so what is wrong with the bible and why do i not think it is a true picture of the creator?

thank you so much for this thread, its nice to finally see someone who's seen what I see when I read the Bible, and you've put it in a way that makes sense, i really struggle to explain things like this because its such a big issue,

i didn't even know anything about the Bible until about 18 months ago when I suddenly realised that our Creator was very very real, I feel lucky that i'd never had any religion imposed on me growing up as it enabled me to see that bible isn't quite what it seems,

my husband on the other hand had grown up with jehovah's witness parents, and the teachings of this religion managed to break up a whole family, mainly down to lack of forgiveness on his parents side, but this too was because of their teachings of the bible, my husband did believe in something, just not the God described in their bible.......

When I started to point out what you have understood too he got quite annoyed with me, almost offended by what i was saying, but bit by bit he's slowly started to understand and see it for himself, he really wants to try and explain it to his parents but he knows that they'll just manage to change the subject, they always do.

they once said to us ''if you can prove that our beliefs are wrong then we'll happily listen because we want to know the truth''. but they are programmed with an automatic defense weapon that renders them incapable of taking in what is been said

it makes me sad that people get offended, they'd rather believe that God is two faced and prone to evil acts, rather than for them to change their view of the bible and see that it isn't really our creator who is capable of such evil.

thanks again

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
man, you've created your own religion. Well done!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hey that was a really good post. I have been mulling this over in my own mind and your explanation was just what i was looking for.
So do you discount the whole bible? Does the real creator require anything of us?
I would s&f you but I'm new here and haven't figured that out yet ( actually I'm lazy and didn't try)
Anyway I would love to hear more.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

References would be nice, instead of taking your word for it. No, Wiki does not count as a reference.

The OP has given links in some of his succeeding posts. Those may be helpful to you.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu

Hey that was a really good post. I have been mulling this over in my own mind and your explanation was just what i was looking for.
So do you discount the whole bible? Does the real creator require anything of us?
I would s&f you but I'm new here and haven't figured that out yet ( actually I'm lazy and didn't try)
Anyway I would love to hear more.

no i do not discount the whole bible...it is historical, and people & places have been proven to exist, events also, but not always when and how they are explained in the bible...the ideology of a murdering god is the thing i am most against, not the idea of a creator...psychological tyranny present in the doctrines of the Old Testement, and later expanded on by Constantine, are what i am against... they are completely contradictory to what christ taught, which was why they had to make him appear to contradict himself at times...

i do not think jesus was god incarnate, my definition of god does not coincide with that kind of nonsense, it would not even be possible to contain the vastnes of the universe in one physical human body...the last time something similar happened, (ie the singularity that became the big bang) it was so dense it exploded and created what we see around us...(this is where everything came from and where quantum physics especially resided, in theory everything existed in that moment and still exists in that dimension, thus the reason for the true possibility of heaven existing and being able to see our loved ones after they are dead...they still exist in a place without space and time...but enough on theory)

so it stands to reason the laws of nature would apply in the physical world...except for quantum physics, which is the explanation of why what we can call heaven could actually exist...but not quite as we think it is...its beyond what we can see here, but not impossible...but for jesus to have been able to merge the laws of earth physics to quantum physics, then he could either never have been human to begin with...or there is something to be said for the expansive powers of the mind that have been tapped by some people but not all...and those people are not exactly giving the secret away for people to try it out...

explain how buddhist monks can float on nothing right in front of people? no wires, no hidden posts or mirrors...could it be they have figured out how to expand the power of their minds? to tap into the quantum physical plane? to become one with air molecules? it may be possible...we just dont know for sure...

why are the same monks able to sit in the cold and stay warm like they are near a fire?

this may sound like mystical mumbo jumbo, but im talking from a different perspective...if things like this are possible when the victims of MK ultra were deprogrammed and have found out they have special superhuman abilities, then how possible would it be to learn these things without the torture?

was jesus just such a special kind of person who was born with the ability to use all his brain capacity? who knew how to tap into these special abilities, was he just a natural? could be...but if there was such a teaching, we will never know because it was all but eradicated by the jews and the church itself, in several witch hunts spanning almost from the beginnings of the church and through the inquisition...again the culprit was the establishment...afraid to lose their power...claiming enlightenment by shutting everyone else in the dark...
edit on 27-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

it does when it gives footnotes to actual books that you have to check out from the library...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
man, you've created your own religion. Well done!

nope...i dont want that...organized religion is evil...truth is what i seek, even if what i thought was true yesterday can be proven wrong, or added to, or clarified...

religion seeks to codify everything, to mark it all in stone so there is not room for new discovery...new discovery is considered heresy, or blasphemy...even if it is truth and exposes the lies concocted to protect the established power that stems from religion...

so this is why i am against religion...discussion is good, sharing what we find, trying to figure it all out is ok...but religion is evil...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join