John Titor Vs. Morey Haber (Text Comparison) - Hoaxhunter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

"It's not about one match, or the chances of one match, it's about the complete number of matches as a whole, and the chances of the complete number of matches as a whole." - hoaxhunter

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If someone can find better evidence, I will happily accept it, I have yet to find better evidence than this.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Sadly I was only able to get through about 2 minutes of the video. While whatever program was used, found matching phrases, between the two authors. Few if any, of the compared sentences were even saying something remotely connected.
Seriously, matching phrases like "falls into this category."
There were also "uncommon" word matches. Words like UNIX, autonomous, and vector. None of which are that uncommon.

If I compared a book by Stephen King, and Terry Pratchett I'm sure I could find just as many similarities.

This is nothing more than grasping at straws.
edit on 27-4-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: clarification

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
Sadly I was only able to get through about 2 minutes of the video. While whatever program was used, found matching phrases, between the two authors. Few if any, of the compared sentences were even saying something remotely connected.
Seriously, matching phrases like "falls into this category."
There were also "uncommon" word matches. Words like UNIX, autonomous, and vector. None of which are that uncommon.

If I compared a book by Stephen King, and Terry Pratchett I'm sure I could find just as many similarities.

This is nothing more than grasping at straws.
edit on 27-4-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: clarification

That's your opinion, but you see, you stopped at 2 minutes, like the typical youtuber, that's your attention span for all youtube videos, 2 mins. I'm sorry but if you don't have the attention span to watch a 6 minute video, you really have no business commenting on it.

I guess I have somewhat of a calculator in my head, that tells me it's mathematically very improbable for these 2 sets of text to be owned by anyone other than the same individual. And I guess the short attention span-prone don't have this 'calculator' in their head.

Occam's razor tells me this is the most likely scenario. I stand by it, and I challenge anyone to bring a better amount of evidence to the table, I doubt this will ever happen, but I'm open to it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

So if you ran the program through something else, would it find as many matches?

Still watching the video, but thats the question I get from the comments so far. I am assuming you made the video yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'm just glad you found out who froggyfreshraps was!

edit on 27-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
reply to post by Razimus

So if you ran the program through something else, would it find as many matches?

Still watching the video, but thats the question I get from the comments so far. I am assuming you made the video yourself.

The program is open source and freely downloadable, why don't you try this experiment for yourself.

People make fun of the fact that I wasted my time, yet at the same time ask me to waste more of my time.

If someone out there is inclined to prove me wrong they are welcome to do so, they might end up accidentally proving me right.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

It's called cross-promotion, thanks to that dumb video I made in 15 minutes, I gained easily 300 Krispy Kreme fan subscribers, but I guess you didn't think about that, all you thought about was how stupid of a hoax that was to focus on, I agree, on the surface it appears stupid, but if it gains me some views on my videos it's worth the sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

That's your opinion, but you see, you stopped at 2 minutes, like the typical youtuber, that's your attention span for all youtube videos, 2 mins. I'm sorry but if you don't have the attention span to watch a 6 minute video, you really have no business commenting on it.

I guess I have somewhat of a calculator in my head, that tells me it's mathematically very improbable for these 2 sets of text to be owned by anyone other than the same individual. And I guess the short attention span-prone don't have this 'calculator' in their head.

Occam's razor tells me this is the most likely scenario. I stand by it, and I challenge anyone to bring a better amount of evidence to the table, I doubt this will ever happen, but I'm open to it.

Now that you've got that out of your system, would you care to discuss what I commented on?

Occam's razor (to quote wikipedia) "states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected."
What you have presented to us here are only assumptions.

Where are your controls? Your attempts to show these two individuals are the only ones that share this overlapping of speech?

I see no improbability for common phrases to be used. You may even be able to find some of these phrases in Shakespeare's writings.
It's up to you as the claimant to prove your argument. Not up to us as the audience to disprove it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 27-4-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
For those who need to have it spelled out for them,

There is a scientific way for this data to be proven or disproven.

The problem lies with being biased, if I conduct the experiment, it will be claimed I was biased, therefore someone else is going to have to conduct it, but it has to be someone who is considered neutral on the subject.

This is how it can be proven;

Consider Morey's set of text 1 blog. (On computer security)
Consider Titor's set of text 1 blog. (On history and quantum physics)

Grab 8 blogs, make sure there is an equal amount of blogs which discuss history, quantum physics & computer security.

Do a blind test against the 9 blogs vs. Titor's text.

The one which matches the most, is the most likely, scientifically showing it's the most likely, but even to the most devout Titor fan it won't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, but to the scientist, they can say "That blog matches Titor's texts more than any other, according to the experiment".

The only alternative to this experiment would be hiring a Forensic Linguist who specialized in Text Analysis of this kind. Good luck finding one who will give a professional assessment for under a sum of money that I cannot afford.

These are the 2 most reliable ways in which we can find the most likely truth on the matter.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Lysergic

It's called cross-promotion, thanks to that dumb video I made in 15 minutes, I gained easily 300 Krispy Kreme fan subscribers, but I guess you didn't think about that, all you thought about was how stupid of a hoax that was to focus on, I agree, on the surface it appears stupid, but if it gains me some views on my videos it's worth the sacrifice.

Wow so 300 of your 700 subscribers came from that?(why lie bro?) All I thought about was how stupid of a hoax that was? I was unaware there was a hoax. So according to you, you gained 42% of your subscribers from this dumb video you made in 15 minutes?

You can spare me on the whole trying to sound like some sort of YouTube subscriber gaining guru. Maybe if you weren't douchy to those responding to your videos here on ATS perhaps you could get 701 subscribers....

for a few more views.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Lysergic because: .......lol

Why not just add this to your already existing thread(s) about john titor? www.abovetopsecret.com...

wasn't like your op was much effort.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The program is open source and freely downloadable, why don't you try this experiment for yourself.

People make fun of the fact that I wasted my time, yet at the same time ask me to waste more of my time.

If someone out there is inclined to prove me wrong they are welcome to do so, they might end up accidentally proving me right.

Its called a negative control. If you are going to "waste" your time doing an experiment, at least do it properly.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

For those who need to have it spelled out for them,

There is a scientific way for this data to be proven or disproven.

The problem lies with being biased, if I conduct the experiment, it will be claimed I was biased, therefore someone else is going to have to conduct it, but it has to be someone who is considered neutral on the subject.

This is how it can be proven;

Consider Morey's set of text 1 blog. (On computer security)
Consider Titor's set of text 1 blog. (On history and quantum physics)

Grab 8 blogs, make sure there is an equal amount of blogs which discuss history, quantum physics & computer security.

Do a blind test against the 9 blogs vs. Titor's text.

The one which matches the most, is the most likely, scientifically showing it's the most likely, but even to the most devout Titor fan it won't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, but to the scientist, they can say "That blog matches Titor's texts more than any other, according to the experiment".

The only alternative to this experiment would be hiring a Forensic Linguist who specialized in Text Analysis of this kind. Good luck finding one who will give a professional assessment for under a sum of money that I cannot afford.

These are the 2 most reliable ways in which we can find the most likely truth on the matter.

The scientific method calls for multiple tests on multiple subjects, to be performed by the scientist. By only publishing one data sample without also publishing the controls, your data is not able to be peer reviewed. Your reluctance to providing other data than the video in the OP, actually argues for a bias on your part.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
The scientific method calls for multiple tests on multiple subjects, to be performed by the scientist. By only publishing one data sample without also publishing the controls, your data is not able to be peer reviewed. Your reluctance to providing other data than the video in the OP, actually argues for a bias on your part.

Thats not only bias, thats failure to properly use the scientific method. Plus not publishing data sets makes peer review difficult, but not necessarily impossible. The data can be aquired by us, it would just be easier for him to just release it. He didn't write a journal article anyway, and isn't asking for peer review, its just a youtube video.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I've been doing this 'in my spare time', for 9 years, I'm passing the torch to the 2 minute no attention span generation, good luck!

I do believe one of you out there are not like the others, I do believe one of you out there can take this and use it to prove or disprove, as for me, my next video will be on The Montauk Project, a subject I've spent (even more time on than this subject!).

I wouldn't say I'm an 'expert' on the subject but I would say I've read everything there is to read on the subject and I've personally communicated to Preston Nichols and I've gathered a lot of info on the subject and I'm done with that as well, it may take me 2 weeks to make the video, maybe 2 months, because this is done in my spare time, and the incentive is very low, there is not much other than self-motivation making me want to release this, but I do so for the individual who just heard about it yesterday, the individual who honestly wants to know if there is someone out there who knows the truth behind the matter, I can say I do know the truth behind the matter but to release the info in a sloppy way would be a waste of time, I would say people like David Wilcock read the Montauk Project book, and he gives lectures on the subject when I know 1,000x more on the subject than him, when I watched that video of him talking about it, it's as if I'm hearing a book review from someone who just read the book, zero new information, just a lot of repeating information without doing a shred of investigation on if the subject is true or not, just believing at face value that it is.

If you would like to prove or disprove this, feel free to get your copy of WCopyfind, get your copy of text files and go at it. Good luck!
edit on 27-4-2013 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

If you would like to prove or disprove this, feel free to get your copy of WCopyfind, get your copy of text files and go at it. Good luck!

Links to text files?

Next time you do this, might be a good idea to use controls. I understand its just a youtube video for fun, but still, it would give more credit to your findings.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wow! I remember reading these as they were posted all those years ago, very fascinating at the time! Nothing like it had been done before quite so elaborately.

I'm rather surprised to see that this is still a mystery and to some extent a passionate obsession! I watched the phrase comparisons and I agree there are some similarities however, there were some things in there that are just wrong like the use of the word 'infrastructure'; we use this all the time in IT to talk about networking, it is a commonly used word in the industry. I am just picking holes though and it would not surprise me if they were the same person but in fairness I think more research would need to be done comparing known authors with other works on blogs etc to see if you get false identifications.

Otherwise, nice effort!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Links to text files?

Next time you do this, might be a good idea to use controls. I understand its just a youtube video for fun, but still, it would give more credit to your findings.

The links to the text files are in the video description, yes it's on google drive (you need to login to youtube or gmail to see the public folder, I don't have a reliable server to host text files so I was forced to use google drive. All the files are there.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lioninthenorth
Wow! I remember reading these as they were posted all those years ago, very fascinating at the time! Nothing like it had been done before quite so elaborately.

I'm rather surprised to see that this is still a mystery and to some extent a passionate obsession! I watched the phrase comparisons and I agree there are some similarities however, there were some things in there that are just wrong like the use of the word 'infrastructure'; we use this all the time in IT to talk about networking, it is a commonly used word in the industry. I am just picking holes though and it would not surprise me if they were the same person but in fairness I think more research would need to be done comparing known authors with other works on blogs etc to see if you get false identifications.

Otherwise, nice effort!

Thanks, see I didn't know this about the IT-world, if anything I believe this proves both were familiar with the IT world, did Titor ever say he was in the IT business?

I've talked to a dozen people, none of which are familiar with the IT terminology, all dozen people I talked to connected the word "Infrastructure" to roads, buildings, things like that, not one mentioned computers, actually 1 of the people are sort of in the IT world, and even he didn't connect it to computers, but I suppose some IT guys do, or many do, I'm not in the IT business so I've never heard of it in that relation which is why it was weird to me (and the other people I talked to).

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join