It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston police chief wants drones for next year's marathon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Sorry

The first step is Camera's everywhere

Second step drones over head

third step is/was CSPIA

fourth step is/ was taking guns away

So far they are 1 for 4 need to keep it that way.

First step - cameras everywhere....mission achieved.

Second step - taking your guns away...or if not taken away controlled so you can't own more than a six shot .22 revolver....on the road to achievement.

Third step - is / was / will be CSPIA (what is that ???, i dont know so i stuck it in the middle to hedge bets)

Fourth step - drones overhead - for the moment, not really practical...thats why i put it a no. 4

Fifth step - we all end up with a new spine like those on FALLING SKIES....which will be used to control your every thought and action 1984 style......

edit on 27-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

CISPA is scary enough on its own-your boss by law has to get your social network passwords and id...
So if your boss hates you,he can log on fb/twatter or whatnot as YOU,and start saying "I love jeehad,yeehah"or make up other such malicious teets,sorry tweets and then next day swat bash your house in and you get fired from work.

That is every narcissitic bosses ultimate tool right there folks.
It would be horrid for you if that passes into law.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is another clip from that source.

The FAA says that 327 COAs were active as of February of this year, but a recent report published by the Los Angeles Times suggests that surveillance drones could fully permeate airspace earlier than once thought. According to the Times, the FAA issued 1,428 permits to domestic drone operators since 2007, a statistic that Electronic Frontier Foundation staff attorney Jennifer Lynch says is “far more than were previously known

Why does everyone here take the stance that they are talking about armed drones?

These are the drones they are talking about.....................................

I say why not, they are all ready filming you from everywhere, with store security cameras. Let me let you in on a secret (sarcasm). They have been using these types of drones above for years.
edit on 27-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What happened to using blimps with security cameras as well as all the other security cameras mounted throughout the city infrastructure?

Lets not forget that Obama's administration has been tolerant or even wanting to push drone warfare to replace actual combat units throughout the world. Then he goes after guns with that WITCH called feinstein and soon afterwards the boston marathon is bombed and they close down the entire city. Then the boston police chief says he wants drones "watching" over next year's marathon.

Its all way too convenient imho and reeks of a totalitarian globalist agenda. Create the problem, manipulate the reactions and then provide the solutions. Screw them all!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by guymontag
I think maybe the Boston police chief should be fired, and put on medication.

These people are not even in control of their own minds anymore, they are just empty, soulless husks being manipulated effortlessly.

The fbi was in charge of the terror drills that apparently went live and also "the manhunt" that needed the entire city to be locked down.

Other than that YES the dude does sound like some cyborg out of "total recall".

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
nothing can spot black powder whose owner hasn't had a background check like a drone can
nothing

there has been a lot of money put into nationalising the police forces
now it is obvious why
edit on 27-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Armed or unarmed I am against them. Do you really think that they will let us know if they do decide to arm them? No, first we get used to them. Then they silently start putting them up armed. A slippery slope that we are quickly sliding down, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't think a drone or a helicopter would have stopped this bombing. They needed more observant eyes on the street.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Pretty sure no one is going to go after the same thing again..

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Awesome solution.

The drone(s) can easily take out any persons of interest or suspects before they become a terrorist or make or take lives.

Citywide lockdown averted!

right except think of this, in irak whenever they wanted to kill 1 person of interest they ended up killing 15 ~ 20 citizens that were just minding their own business. What makes you think innocents won't die in boston from 1 drone bomb? And what will the gov't say? Acceptable losses. And very soon it won't just be boston, it'll be all USA.

Think before you speak and have a mind of your own, why are you in a site which claims to deny ignorance, if you're a huge ignorant?

Off Topic. I hope obama burns in hell.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Great quick fix to make people "feel" a sense of temporary safety... one problem though, guys;

Did it ever occur to anyone if someone got control of these drones? I can see it now, everyone will get comfortable around these drones, and that's when something will happen.

How will they "kill" the drones? will they have an auto destruct feature? seems like they are fighting fire with fire here. Especially if they make them so durable, how will they take them down when shtf? I assume they'll be able to take firepower to some degree

ahh well... masking problems with more problems...
edit on 28-4-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
also the law is
they can't drone spy on, or kill you, specifically without reasonable cause
if a drone spots you doing something illegal by accident its valid evidence

and of course if you are collateral damage....its the targets fault

there is a Peter Weller movie called "Screamers" about autonomous drones ( I think from a short story by Harlan Ellison same guy as blade runner)
I highly recommend it
edit on 28-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
if you are collateral damage....its the targets fault

What if its collateral damage caused by a person of interest?

Does a once-innocent person then become the target?

I would absolutely NOT put it past the people who think of these ideas in the first place

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Awesome solution.

The drone(s) can easily take out any persons of interest or suspects before they become a terrorist or make or take lives.

Citywide lockdown averted!

Huh - what kind of armament can a drone deploy? As far as I knew, they could launch missiles - are you suggesting they shoot a hellfire missile at a target in America?

Have fun explaining collateral damage.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And they will do enough lockdowns on towns, shelter in place orders, to stall local economies and make people upset enough to demand that rogue governments send in murder drones that bypass constitution and due process and kill all suspects.... Yeah I can see it now.

Please stand up for your children's liberty. It's precious.

And rogue governments are a dime a dozen.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A new type police drone with less then lethal weapons will not be cheap

How is Boston going to get the money for it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join