It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Martial Law from a Police Perspective - Do You Find This Disturbing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

* They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-This was written by Franklin, but is generally accepted as his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818).

I wonder are you also OK with the government feeding and clothing you as well? It seems that many Americans think that the government should supply food, clothes, housing, and safety (along with anything else they want). Just my opinion but seems like that is what happened in North Korea, sound like a place you would like to live??? Just a thought

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Of course those who are in positions of power will want to increase their power. This is why I have always believed we MUST NOT let any of our rights slip away, especially the 2nd amendment, since that is the one law that gives us a last resort chance to fight tyranny. I get sick when I hear people saying that we need to give up our rights so we can be protected. It is ridiculous, plain and simple. It is a pretense for something else in my opinion, and I think this is all working up to taking away our 2nd amendment rights. They have already chiseled away at that amendment by enforcing restrictions that were never meant to be in place by our founding fathers, who created most of our main laws and system.

They foresaw this very thing, and anyone can go read the letters of Jefferson, Franklin, etc., and they can see them talking about rights where the government is concerned, and how the people should not, for any reason, let the government take those rights away. In fact, they talked specifically about having the 2nd amendment taken away under the pretense of "protection." So to think this is something new, something that must be done in a modern society, would be plain wrong. It was seen when this country was founded, and then, just like now, the argument was not a valid one. People who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it. And not understanding the laws and principles this country was founded on is a shame. Especially coming from those tasked with upholding our laws.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
We could ask Hitler's "brown shirts" how they feel about such things..
oh wait...
No we can't:
they were all bumped off after Hitler got his power solidified...

Minions die hard

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There is a certain irony taking place where these civil servants are trampling over the rights of citizens....

We have had many of our ancestors fight and die for these rights, where their very lives were lost.
The message we have taken from these struggles is that our rights are not negotiable even in the face of death.
Otherwise, they died for nothing.

The militarized police force has thrown that out the window and would rather put the rights of citizens at risk over their own lives which they are supposed to defend. What do we need them for then? They certainly do not have the obligation to insure our safety so that only leaves them being tools of the government to full-fill their evil agendas.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
Where are the good cops? Huh? People always say "I know there are good cops" THEN WHERE ARE THEY? WHY ARE THEY NOT FIGHTING THE CORRUPTION? That's just it, there are NONE. Cops are simply paid thugs who carry out orders they never come to understand. Some do, but most live in the dark like us.

Generalization not withstanding, I know of quite a few good cops who have on occasion spoken out against abuse, fraud, and rogue cops.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
reply to post by MadMax7

* They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-This was written by Franklin, but is generally accepted as his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818).

I wonder are you also OK with the government feeding and clothing you as well? It seems that many Americans think that the government should supply food, clothes, housing, and safety (along with anything else they want). Just my opinion but seems like that is what happened in North Korea, sound like a place you would like to live??? Just a thought

Exactly! When you depend more upon the government more will be asked of.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
1.) There is evil in the world. We can scramble for meaning and theories and existential answers but you don’t have to be a believer in the supernatural to see that some people just want to kill and destroy. Many of these cretins are at the highest levels of government, the military and the police. While we are victims of all these groups, the street level cop and the government power they interface, carry some of the most negative impact in our lives.

2.) The militarization of the police in the face of overt criminal conduct by all levels of government is understandable. Those that seek to enslave us and steal all the country's tangible assets don't want any resistance. Creating paramilitaries is one way to stop the resstance. Overwhelming propaganda running 24/7 is another prong of their strategy.

It's time to deal with these mass-murdering thieves. It's time to restore the rule of law.

3.) Facts and theories are golden. Conjecture is foolishness. It's not theory or conjecture that this "government" is in league with Wall Street and the Central Banksters to defraud our nation. It's not theory or conjecture that this government is committing false flags and killing Americans and uncounted foreign nationals. This government and their enforcers are not trustworthy and have not been trustworthy for a very long time.

4.) Cops are not omniscient or omnipresent. They work within the laws of physics. Physics tells us that when low-intellect paramilitaries are given extraordinary power, nothing good will come of it.

5.) The applause will fade. Cops bask in appreciation when available, but the next police officer who is murdered will not make CNN headlines. Will the next police officer be killed while knocking down the doors of someone's house? Will they be killed while stealing private property, planting evidence, telling lies or filing false police reports? Will they be killed after victimizing somebody's loved ones?

6.) Cops have a hard life. Decisions, decisions.

What if some dumbass civilian is blocking the way when the "Hot Now" sign is lit at the Dunkin' Donuts? What if they are required to play the predator-prey game and hand out tickets to financially support the local government? Will they feel the sting of loss-of-integrity or are they too stupid to realize what they support? What kinds of people in uniform remain silent while government drills (false flags) are being played on Americans? Some cops in New York and Boston could answer that. Ask 'em.

Warriors indeed.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BennyHavensOh
Warrior cops? What an insult to true warriors and a line of crap from an overpaid crossing guard!

Wariors stormed Omaha beach againt a well armed, determined enemy. Warriors charged down the slopes of Little Round Top into the bayonets and muskets of a fierce foe. Warriors took on the British Empire against superior odds at the height of their power.

Do NOT insult these, the REAL warriors as you arm yourselves to the teeth, dressing like, and pretending to be soldiers as you drag innocent, un-armed women and children out of their own homes with rifles in their faces in true SS fashion. These people are cowards and scum. We unarmed civilians suffer far more casualties at the hands of the criminasl AND the cops for that matter! We are closer to being warriors than these pussies! Thump your chests and slap your beer bellies all you want boys, you are only fooling yourselves!

I love thus, you summed the truth about the SS cops hand picked by design, perfectly. And yes sir, it IS an insult to every soldier who fought tyranny back in the day...brilliantly said and very true. Cops (as the system it's designed to be, etc) is nothing more than statist thuggery. Criminals with the states blessing...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some people think a "good cop" is one who doesn't beatpeople up, shakedown drug dealers, or kill people when its not necessary... This is not true. It takes more than mere inaction to be a "good cop". A good cop.fights injustice and law breakers WHEREVER HE OR SHE FINDS IT OR THEM. That includes other lawbreaking cops. There are probably lots of "decent" cops. But not many good ones. That cop you see next time on the news who saved a little girl... How many tines did he look the other way while his partners made deals with criminals to earn cash. (bribery). I just wanted to clarify that. He's a decent human being but a "good cop"? I dunno... Maybe. Maybe not. There's just too much we don't know. Not enough accountability or transparency.

edit on 4/28/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

Thanks for the kind words Three Bears. At 59 I feel that perhaps I have lived too long for I have seen "Protect and Serve" turn into "Detain and Degrade". My two Uncle PO's would turn in their graves and my brother is so glad that he is retired and out out of the system. God help us all.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Lol, "Warrior Cop" yea, your just a cop, so stay in your lane, check down, not up.
You leave all the military an soldiering to people like me, we have the training an the know how. The moment sime people get a little excitement in, they are gung ho super gods of the world, it happens in the military alot, some joe gets a confirmed kill and suddenly he is invincible, till sh## hits the fan an the odds are against us...
Understand this much, cops may one day be called upon for martial law, but the military won't go along with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just take the Christopher Dorner manhunt in LA for example, the two ladies who were shot just got 4.2 Million to shut them up and keep their case out of the courts. Mostly to keep this issue from being talked about in the mainstream media, so it can be forgotten and sweep under the rug so to speak.

I would draw a parallel between the Christopher Dorner manhunt and the Boston "shelter in place, lockdown, or marshal law order -- whatever you want to call it --- except they didn't lockdown LA in the way they did in Boston.

In both cases, extreme excessive force was used. Unless people start calling politicians over this, TPTB will feel we're willing to accept this as the status-quo.

I think going door-to-door and taking people out of their homes at gunpoint with attack dogs barking at them, all in the name of searching for a single 19-year old possibly with a handgun, to me, it's absolutely insane and a gross misuse of public resources ---- AND they didn't even catch him after house-to-house search of 3 blocks, so they finally gave up the idea of house-to-house searches. It's obviously a test, to gauge the public resistance to the idea of police/military storming homes.

Bottom line:

While I'm happy officers in boston had more brains than LAPA officers had during the Dorner manhunt, I believe the "shelter in place" order was way, way overboard. I wonder how much money was lost in the city during the "lockdown".

In the Dorner case, the reality of the situation was highly trained LAPD "officers" (and I use that term loosely) pumped over 100 rounds into the truck driven by two woman, one of whom was elderly, both ladies were shot, one is still in the hospital now. The truck they were driving was a completely different make and model than Christopher Dorner's, and they were two ladies, not a large black man. I don't know how anyone could argue mistaken identity - to me it was a crime which should have resulted in criminal prosecution.

Something tells me these "officers" will only get a slap on the wrist, because LA is paying off the victims, LAPD won't have to admit any wrongdoing, and as such, the officers won't be charged, probably won't be fired. I think they should be barred from holding law enforcement positions anywhere in the US.

Based on the actions of those officers, it's clear they should have never been given a badge and a gun. The final conclusion it brings me to, is ---> if the Dorner manhunt went down that way, in LA, a huge metropolitan area -- if those cops were that poorly trained, then it points to the fact that we've got hundreds of thousands of other police departments across the country with those same failures of training, or the same failure to weed out those unfit for police work.

Until we (the public at-large) make it known to our politicians every time there is an unacceptable police action, like the mistaken identity shootings by police during the Christopher Dorner manhunt, we will hear more of this type of thing.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 28-4-2013 by ClamChowder because: Fixed wrong word used, substituted the intended word in.

edit on 28-4-2013 by ClamChowder because: Grammar correction.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I read all the comments, the whole thing is insulting.

do these "cops" REALLY believe that normal civvies have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER that there's "evil in the world"?

really? like, really?

pffftttt. They're the only ones that "get it".

i'm curious though, unless they're the ones making all those 911 calls to themselves, EVERY DANG DAY, I'm sure non-cops get it too.

what a bunch of pretentious douche bags.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Understand this much, cops may one day be called upon for martial law, but the military won't go along with it.

Let's hope!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join