It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important ! Post Quality.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
On the flip side of this one however, not everyone who has an opinion on an issue or a theory to put forth has been in a Formal Debate or has taken Composition 101. You guys have opened membership to this site to a very broad general audience, and with that in mind one could reasonably expect some diversity in both grammatical ability and logical presentation of their ideas. It's much like opening a restraunt that requires a shirt and tie, but then includes hamburgers and hotdogs in their menu. Yes, basic rules are essential to a good healthy discussion group, but you aren't limiting the membership of this site to Scientists or Collegiates, and while they may not understand that an appositive should be seperated by commas in a sentence, they may very well have something to say which would be of interest to the ATS community. Quality is one thing, expectation and evaluation of quality however is subjective. I'm not saying let folks post one liners or not quote their sources, but let's not go to the other extreme either as I really hate doing footnotes and bibliographies.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
o:
Wow, John Bull, I can't see your new post.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's probably one of those invisible bump posts to bring attention to the thread

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yes I have done this, because my right wrist was broken, and I could not type with my left, that, and sometimes I am just lazy to type anything long, even though I am capable of it.At first I had no idea about what a 'link' was, and did not even know what I was doing was wrong. I shall never do that again!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join