It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God, Yet Ridicule in Conspiracy Theories?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoul
The majority of Americans believe God's son walked the earth and was crucified, exited his grave 3 days later and will return to the earth one day. Wow, if that wasn't a commonly excepted story it could be considered pure craziness..

Some say that what you just wrote is purely astrological. Others disagree that Jesus did resurrect and Christians hold this story near their hearts. Could people of conspired to make up a story about Jesus? For sure... Though I believe he was here, people could of re-written his message to suit their own ends while indoctrinating the very people who believe at the same time. Conspiracy written all over it though I respect each any every's believes also.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I just realized something very baffling.

How can people faithfully believe in their religion, yet completely deny any validity in conspiracy theories?

Or do these go hand in hand? Are these people just incapable of rational thinking?

At least conspiracy theories deal with something that can be tested and observed.

The same rationalization happens when new members post minimal threads. That's understandable.
But it isn't something we should see from members who've been around for awhile.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

At least conspiracy theories deal with something that can be tested and observed.

So you say....!!!

conspiracies deal with physical things. can you see into the spirit world can you? And if you can, is there a conspiratorial agenda there?

edit on 28-4-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

but for me, there is more evidence for Chritianity then for most conspiracy theories.

I have seen some conspiracy theories that seem to have a lot of evidence. We have books, and eye witnesses for Aliens visiting earth. A scientific increase in planet count, galaxies, and possibility of life. An explosion in technology, which some point to as alien intervention, but might be just the implementation of the Internet, and easy access to information. Hmmm...but then maybe Gates and Jobs had a little alien intervention.

Anyway, I would say that if religion is a positive thing in your life, and you are not hurting anyone, and possibly even helping others in your belief, than by all means, carry on...however, if your belief includes suicide, sacrifice, or the murder of hundreds of people for simply not believing in you higher power, than that is when people need to be looking into an immediate, and life altering, major change.
edit on 28-4-2013 by StarsInDust because: Clarity

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join