It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God, Yet Ridicule in Conspiracy Theories?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just realized something very baffling.

How can people faithfully believe in their religion, yet completely deny any validity in conspiracy theories?

Or do these go hand in hand? Are these people just incapable of rational thinking?

At least conspiracy theories deal with something that can be tested and observed.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Because faith in God is a belief in things unseen.

As are most conspiracy theories.

edit on 26-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
according to Rome
Jesus was a terrorist

as a carpenter he would have had a hammer
which IS a weapon of mass construction
edit on 26-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

That's a good question.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think now days it's a cool band wagon to jump on. Unfortunately even by those who have been scoffed at for years, such as very religious people as mentioned.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It is the irreligious who most often deny conspiracies. NWO, mark of the beast, etc is a religion annotation(canon).

You're just trying to stir the pot to make yourself feel good, but your claims are baseless.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
according to Rome
Jesus was a terrorist

No, according to Josephus He had a background check in the fall of 12 AD and another one in 30 AD. His record was clean.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

How can people faithfully believe in their religion, yet completely deny any validity in conspiracy theories?

Or do these go hand in hand? Are these people just incapable of rational thinking?

At least conspiracy theories deal with something that can be tested and observed.

Are you kidding? What about the NWO and global government?

You know, Revelation come to life?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

It is the irreligious who most often deny conspiracies. NWO, mark of the beast, etc is a religion annotation(canon).

You're just trying to stir the pot to make yourself feel good, but your claims are baseless.

Correct. Christians are generally on board with all kinds of conspiracy theory. Muslims think the Jews are responsible for everything wrong with the world et cetera.

Religious people don't have any problem with conspiracies. This is a troll thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And the vice-versa can be equally asked. How can people who hold to many of their theories (much of which have either no basis of fact or evidence), easily dismiss the presence of God?

It is a personal issue; one where we all come to terms for ourselves. No right, no wrong in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yes, religion is something that really is mindless. But is it mindless in a good or bad way? That is the question you should be asking.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
the thread should have been why do people who believe in religions deny conspiracy theories?
christianity and jesus are the most experty debunked topic that there is.
an absolute fabrication with no historical basis or evidence.
it (and islam) are based wholey on religions that have preceded it.
and the history of the jews is so well obscured that the thruth of it would be utterly shocking if it ever saw the light of day.

most conspiracies are then perpetrated because of the ignorance of the believers of the above.
this really is an excellent topic, it need much more discussion and exposure.
S&F's for you OP!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Agreed it should and it has profound sociological implications. Such as; why were so many faithfully following the conspiracy theory that December 2012 was the end of the world? Further more, when it passed, they moved the goal posts to indicate that it didn't mean the "world would end", just 'change'.

This can be applied to many different conspiracy theories; NWO, TPTB, JFK, Lincoln, 9/11, Boston, "ancient alien theory", religion (major/minor), etc, etc.

I think the pertinent question, for me, is the mirror to the OP; how can those who so ardently believe in conspiracy theories, easily dismiss a notion of God? Or faith? prayer?

Please note, I am not a religious person and merely someone seeking a better understanding of how we operate and how the effects of "belonging" changes our view of the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
according to Rome
Jesus was a terrorist

you just made my day

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I believe in god but still believe that a lot of conspiracies are real or partly real. People who think they may lose their way of life if things were to change usually deny conspiracies. I don't think that god and conspiracy denial are directly related.
edit on 26-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The thing with religion is that it also claims to show people what must take place in the future so to simply exclude it from say conspiracy theories is ridiculous. For all we know the conspiracies are the exact things religion is warning people about while tptb say, "Don't be silly, we are your friends"..

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
But religion is "respected" and "sacred" and cannot be touched by those who question it.

Conspiracy theories are constantly being put down even when they are valid questions and very part of the real world.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

But religion is "respected" and "sacred" and cannot be touched by those who question it.

Conspiracy theories are constantly being put down even when they are valid questions and very part of the real world.

Religious Zealots are just as often disregarded as conspiracy theorists are, perhaps more so in private. Even amongst themselves, a large number do it/are part of it, simply for political purposes. They look at the ones that actually believe, like they're bonkers.

It's a read between the lines kind of thing.

The only difference between the two, is that one group has a positive public perception, the other a negative. That's the main difference.

In my opinion, religion was created as a means of control. Conspiracy theories, have the opposite effect. But, I do believe most CT movements, have been infiltrated and are being directed by people no different than religion is directed.

The means of control is opposite however. Religion, very obvious and their political stands are as you see them. I think the control being exerted in the CT crowds are people creating the dumbest, out there theories, and roping in people to make them look outright nutters.

So, religion:

We don't believe in birth control (Whatever corporate political interest and their benefit is behind the message, ensures the church speaks it).

Follower reaction, "we against birth control."

Consequences: People pop out babies cause they're not using BC. (Probably a positive here for someone, some corporation, never totally understood the gains in this one, but there surely are some)

-

Flipside

-

Aliens robots and shapeshifting reptilians stole my baby!

Follower reaction, "OMG NWO is trying to depopulate us"

Consequences, everyone thinks the CT crowd is balls out nuts. No one believes a thing they say.

So the gains here are obvious, label someone a CT nut should they ever have actual damaging info on someone...
edit on 26-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Probably not much sense in offering this particular opinion, but for me, there is more evidence for Chritianity then for most conspiracy theories. Further, conspiracy theories are far less important.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Probably not much sense in offering this particular opinion, but for me, there is more evidence for Chritianity then for most conspiracy theories. Further, conspiracy theories are far less important.

Well it depends what ones you persue. Some say the Zionists rule the world along with Israel and with that, the bible says the antichrist will rule in Jesrusalem and Israel will be united in the last days etc (It's just an example more than what the bible actually says). So I agree that some conspiracies may not be relevant but there are a few that shouldn't be shunned either especially when it comes to world politics. Connections can be made with ease in some cases.
edit on 27-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join