It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop prays while topless gay activists shout curses and douse him with water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
www.lifesitenews.com...

In an astonishing display of gentleness in the face of a vile attack, the head of the Catholic Church in Belgium, Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard, remained calmly seated with eyes closed in prayer Tuesday as four topless women attacked him with shouts and curses and doused him with water.

Excuse me, I am offended. When people start acting like rabid animals and lose any sense of decency they paint a clear picture of themselves and the merit of their cause takes a big PR hit. This free-for-all bothers me greatly and I'm sad to know that things are so messed up around the globe.

The attack reportedly was brought about by a statement made suggesting by the Archbishop that Christians inclined to homosexually should be celibate as it is Church teaching for all singles. Obviously, the protesters didn't appreciate the comment.

Kudos to the old man in the background kicking the punk in the butt.

other pictures at link

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I seen these pictures, but didn't know what was going on because no one posted any information. Even though I'm for gay rights and what not. These types of protest are way too silly and nonsensical. It paints a bad picture for protesters who are looking for better ways in getting their rights.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are proper ways and improper ways to protest things...these women are demonstrating improper ways.

And why should they care actually. Are they Christians? Do they even have a dog in the race of what the disagreeable statement is about? They need to reorganize and think.

Frankly, since I am a conspiracy nut at heart, I do have a slight suspicion that these women were paid to do this in order to cast homosexuality in the worst light possible. ok, its not a huge suspicion, plenty of nuts to go around without resorting to that level..still...to have such perfectly positioned cameras..lighting, angry skinhead types, making this guy look like all but Christ taking beatings while being all love..hmm...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You know what would happen if a bunch of Catholics started throwing things onto gay people for no good reason?

Take a wild guess. It involves handcuffs and hate crime charges.

EDIT: I'm pro-gay rights, up until the point where they run around topless, screaming and disrupting things, throwing water on people who are just sitting there praying.
edit on 26-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I seen these pictures, but didn't know what was going on because no one posted any information. Even though I'm for gay rights and what not. These types of protest are way too silly and nonsensical. It paints a bad picture for protesters who are looking for better ways in getting their rights.

This has nothing to do about rights. Its about religion.
And its really simple. Christianity, well, old testament, does condemn gay actions...so it comes down to a choice..either you simply don't become a Christian, become a "new age" Christian that accepts things clearly condemned, or you do as the bishop says and take the oath of celibacy (although I was taught to even think sin is to sin anyhow..so, a gay person who is celibate but has passing gay thoughts is equally as hellbound as Freddy Mercury with his gay orgies...so seems like bad advice overall)

But ya, overall if they are protesting for rights..then they are idiots. might as well protest the ocean for the right to stay dry.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't know how to reply to two people. So forgive my noobish reply.

@SaturnFX

Frankly, since I am a conspiracy nut at heart, I do have a slight suspicion that these women were paid to do this in order to cast homosexuality in the worst light possible. ok, its not a huge suspicion, plenty of nuts to go around without resorting to that level..still...to have such perfectly positioned cameras..lighting, angry skinhead types, making this guy look like all but Christ taking beatings while being all love..hmm...

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprise. However, you also have people who see this as a logical way to protest and get attention. So it can go both ways.

@FollowTheWhiteRabbit

You know what would happen if a bunch of Catholics started throwing things onto gay people for no good reason? Take a wild guess. It involves handcuffs and hate crime charges.

I hate to agree that you're right on. But, I wouldn't doubt protesters have been arrested before. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
You know what would happen if a bunch of Catholics started throwing things onto gay people for no good reason?

Take a wild guess. It involves handcuffs and hate crime charges.

EDIT: I'm pro-gay rights, up until the point where they run around topless, screaming and disrupting things, throwing water on people who are just sitting there praying.

It probably really galls the catholic church that they cannot tie these dissenters to a ladder and burn them alive like they did in the 'good old days'

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But the church has a lot on influence on homosexuality and same-sex marriage. Not all Christians oppose, but there are others who would do anything to deny their rights. So that is why they're protesting. But I think there is a better way than that.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by SaturnFX

But the church has a lot on influence on homosexuality and same-sex marriage. Not all Christians oppose, but there are others who would do anything to deny their rights. So that is why they're protesting. But I think there is a better way than that.

Right...well, they have influence on Christian marriage as it stands..due to them being the stewarts of the religion of course...
I think the energy would be better spent trying to make a equal union that can be applied to any religious ceremony and remove actual religious ceremonies out of governments all together.

Its just nonsense really...and a crystal clear example as to why there should never be religion and politics in bed together.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

People change. So I wouldn't assume if, given the chance, they would suddenly revert to practices from the Dark Ages. That's pretty clear, considering the Archbishop simply sat there and continued praying while complete bedlam was occurring around him.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Isn't it just amazing how those protesting 'intolerance' the most and with the most energy often do it by demonstrating a near (and sometimes outright) VIOLENT level of INtolerance for anyone or anything else they don't agree with?

I'd say the Archbishop showed what it looks like when belief is spelled with a Capital B and not simply a public stunt. That took more than simply patience or Grace in my opinion ...It took the core level conviction that he wouldn't come to harm or that if he did, it truly was for the better long term outcome. That is a statement one can't make with words. Respect...is what I feel in looking at him. Disgust is what I've felt toward FEMEN for quite some time now.

pssst...someone needs to tell them there is nothing attractive about them either. Ugly ..inside AND out, eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Disgusting. And these are the types of people pushing the homosexual movement and making it look like a frigging joke at the same time? Maybe I should grab my wife, strip naked, turn up at a homosexual rally and urinate on all of them, how would they like that?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I do not find this story in the least bit surprising as it is OK for the gay community to walk down the street virtually naked shouting obscenities while being lewd and vulgar and in this case throwing water on a person over an opinion without consequence. Yet should you do such a thing you will have the privilege of spending time in the local gray bar hotel and charged with a hate crime.

Equal rights aside, the gay community that assert themselves in public have shown themselves to be anything but tolerant. They can be as intolerant as they want and get a free pass, just don't you try it or it's jail time for you.

The world has gone the wrong way and the masses approve! It's upside down and backwards.

Love is Hate

War is Peace

Up is Down

Slavery is Freedom

Good is Bad

Corruption is Good Business
edit on 4/27/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

When you cannot respect the belief system of another and have to resort to childish acts like this towards an honest archbishop who is just likely defending his beliefs, then to me, you really don't deserve any respect yourself. There are really nice homosexuals out there who understand why these people feel the way they do and they can respect it also, these idiots are just ruining it for everyone else. I didn't see the Archibishop jump up and sprinkle them with some holy water chanting satan has entered the building or something.. It's just disrespectful.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Exactly, it's obvious that they lack any form of respect for others or their beliefs let alone any respect for themselves. The Archbishop even gave them respect by not even confronting them and remained silent while in prayer. Praying most likely for them while being insulted, ridiculed and having water thrown on him.

What ever happened to simply agreeing to disagree on a point or issue? Not everyone agrees on everything, at least they could have respected his position and merely stated that they disagreed rather than resort to violence, lewd and disgusting behavior.

Archbishop = 1 Gay activists = 0

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yes rabid animals,I agree. Some groups are more radical than others, usually getting more MSM attention. It is unfortunate and must be remembered that just as westboro baptist church does not represent mainstream Christians so do small sections do not reflect the whole of the community.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I couldn't agree more. The racial actions of a few individuals shine a bad light on their cause, especially when violence is used. It is an across the board statement that hold true for every cause.

It lays a foundation for hatred and disdain that unfortunately is well remembered and often leads to stereotyping. I know this well - support pro-life, be a veteran and 2nd Amendment support to name a few in the U.S. could get you a big, fat red flag from DHS.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If this happened in Belgium, why is the writing on their chests in English? English isn't one of the prominent languages over there, so that seems kind of strange to me.

Like another poster pointed out, this seems a little bit too convenient of a photograph to be real. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Excellent question.

After checking this out. I got more of an eyeful than I wanted. This FEMEN group like to take their shirts off and write messages on their chests.
They have several FaceBook pages out of Germany, Ukraine, Egypt and Tunisia. They post in English and their home language. I do believe they want international attention as they use their breast as billboards for vulgar messages in English.

They have caused another recent disturbance in Belgium. Which they made a youtube to promote themselves.
FEMEN : Police twisted FEMEN activists in Belgium
www.youtube.com...

The Archbishop attack appears legit.
www.youtube.com...

FEMEN activist takes tops off on live Al Jazeera program (censored)

edit on 4/27/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

So now you are not pro-gay rights.
Since they have passed the point
where they run around topless
throwing water on a Bishop.
right? Just like you said...right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join