Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I *HATE* You Tube Now...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
First, let me say, mere words cannot express my contempt and disdain for their latest algorithm or whatever...

I don't know how they are deciding what videos to suggest to me in their side panel but - it SUCKS!!!!!!!

Ever since the Boston Bombing, half of the videos they suggest to me are bombing related.

WTH!!!??

Whether it's due to my searches or viewing videos related to news, I don't care. How about giving me suggestions related to what the hell I am actually watching...MUSIC!

I used to find some of the best *actual music* by clicking suggested videos. Now it's all stuff I've heard before or unrelated stuff I could care less about.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hmmm I get the idea YT somehow scans what websites Im on (ATS) and suggests videos also based on that..

Thats how I saw the Mom mad at US to blame for terror one!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Once you search for something on YouTube, I guess they figure that you will enjoy watching the other 14 million videos on the same topic. Try clearing out your cookies, that helps sometimes.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Since YT is part of Google, maybe all that stuff is stored in one's Google 'account' permanently?

Uncle Google is watchin!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Try and delete cookies, youtube and google searches

Im seriously on the brink of giving up both

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I feel your pain. I use YouTube daily when I'm bored and the "related" channels, videos, etc are so bad they're bad. Also, they never go away as I cannot find anything I like; except for a stupid video by an angry reviewer.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I mean, I don't need five different versions of the same dang song I'm listening to either.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Youtube slowly but surely goes down the tube (heheh) with every new update. It just keeps getting worse and worse as time goes by.

Why, I remember when Youtube was navigatable, ad-free, and easy on the eyes. Of course, it didn't have anywhere near as much content as it does now, but still.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Its likely based on all your searches net wide.
Especially if you're using google.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

See, I use Ixquick.
And I clear my cache and cookies pretty regularly. . I dunno.

I stick by the fact that it just sucks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

See, I use Ixquick.
And I clear my cache and cookies pretty regularly. . I dunno.

I stick by the fact that it just sucks.

who owns youtube?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The all-seeing, all-knowing Google.

Cue creepy music...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Cue creepy music...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ahha I've had the same problem for a while now. I enjoy the sort of videos that delve into supernatural and subatomic things.. and occasionally people from here post some good stuff.

And sadly now I get 9/11 crap, sandy hook crap all sorts of inane BS I never explicitly looked for.

I mean I looked up benny hill yackity sax the other week and got some conspiracy morons videos listed on the side.

Try to remove the videos? nope... cant change the 'advertising' to me. It's pointless.

Youtube and google are useless. and you can go on their forums and complain, and some twit from google will respond thanking you for posting and telling you that it's a quality improvement.

From whose perspective? Not bloody mine lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Cue creepy music...

This cant be funny when sober which i am not, omg what a laugh thank you
edit on 26-4-2013 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Youtube keeps recommending videos I have already watched a couple of weeks prior.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Here is a prime example of the suckage, almost every music video I watch has a side bar suggestion for a how-to video on making liposomal vitamin C.

Really?

I looked that up via Ixquick months ago...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Oh i feel your pain. Since this stupid thing started i facepalm more often than usual.
I mean i watch the video of a black, viking metal song and they suggest that i will enjoy the X Bieber song....
And the thing about deleting the cookies and history doesn't work, coz i NEVER search anything pop music related.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Cue creepy music...

I am sure you can find the creepy music on youtube lol

it just requires more effort to find hidden gems on youtube for music .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Anyone else have this new problem pop up on YT? About every 5th time I go there...a window pops up practically demanding I use my IRL name to access vids. It wants to direct me to a page to change my log-in info to reflect my IRL name....

There is no little option to bypass this new _ The only way I can bypass it is to close YT out, and start over again. I've had my YT account for years...google is the culprit here...

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join