It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools, Standardized tests, huge political endorsements, and advertising to school children.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Pearson Corp.(testing and educational material giant) pays Governor Cuomo political endorsements, propping up his run for president, and takes commercial funds to place commercial product adverts in the classroom. Tests include commercial product names directly integrated into testing material such as Nike, and other big names. ...They deceitfully advertise to school children while they are "testing" teacher, and student performance. Is it me or does this stink just a bit?

Interestingly enough, the people that push hardest for this standardized testing, ie. Obama, Cuomo, Bush, send their children to private schools, where these standard tests, don't apply.

www.inthepublicinterest.org...
"These emails between the Foundation for Excellence in Education (FEE) — a national education policy organization founded by former Florida governor John Ellis “Jeb” Bush — and Chiefs for Change — a conservative think tank comprising current and former state education commissioners from Florida, Louisiana, Maine, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Tennessee committed to educational reform — suggest an organized attempt to craft laws that directly benefit FEE’s corporate sponsorship."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
"It will probably take more than a billion dollars in the bank to run for President of the United States in 2016. It looks like New York State Governor is already lining up corporate support. My concern is that he will sell out the education of New York State's children to for-profit companies, particularly Pearson, to position himself for the run."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I have only begun to research this, but it already stinks on ice.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
anything... and i mean anything that a politician merely touches will 'stink on ice' as you put it.

the high majority of them are soulless creatures that would sacrifice their first born to become president.

And if they have no children, they would joyfully sacrifice YOUR first born

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Pearson selected by government officials, who are paid off by Pearson. Pearson takes corporate money "donations" in exchange for product placement in classrooms. Profits are then pealed off and handed to government officials to prop them up, so they may continue to mandate Pearson gets contracts. What a scam. hidden under the guise of education reform, common core, and testing standardization. To top it off Pearson has had a rough history in the educational system. Really shameful, and there should be a thorough investigation. It makes me sick to see our country run like this.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Pearson...

---The same company who publishes overpriced textbooks for college courses,

---The same company who creates specific online course material they created to go along with their textbooks, (with an additional cost of $100 to the $250 textbook you just bought... both required by your professor)

---The same company who will publish a new version to the book you bought last semester so you can't sell it back because the professor now requires the 12th edition opposed to the 11th edition.

There's absolutely no way they could be paying off politicians to increase the company's profit... They're in it for the education of our children because the children are our future

Ohhh it hurts to laugh at this... physically and emotionally
edit on 4/27/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just found out first hand that "American Girl Dolls" have an accessory backpack. Inside the backpack is a little miniature math book. Clearly marked, on the covers of the mini math book, are the words, "Pearson". Imagine that!

There is a protest planned in Albany, NY tomorrow. Teachers will be protesting the corporate infiltration, and taxation caps.
edit on 7-6-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

top topics

join