It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young man Speaks Out about Education. Pretty Impressive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My daughter brought this video below to my attention and I must say I was quite impressed. Not only does it show just how much the youth of today has a grasp of what is going on, I cant help but think the things they are saying are the same things I felt and thought in my youth as well. Im guessing if any of you take the time to watch this, you may very well find yourself feeling the same way.

Seems every generation of youth, at least probably from the 50's on have voiced this same thought. The beatnixs, the hippies, the list goes on. Question is I guess, which generation is actually going to make the change?Would any of us be any different now if things were different in are youth? Would this fine man even had to of made this video?

Well, Im sharing it, up to you to watch or not, but I'd love to hear your opinions on it if anything.

edit on 26/4/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/4/13 by onehuman because: sorry had the wrong link

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This guy found out how to motivate people and I support him, another video I like from him:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Even though it all makes sense. Since you are a member of this site then you should know that this is the way education will be and life. We are slaves and college makes great debt to keep you in check always feeding the government your tax money. Banks and collection agencies just prosper off your debt in return giving the government their cut through taxes. Be real people. The rest of human kinds existence has been pre-planned hundreds and hundreds of years ago. No generation will change the fate of man kind its set in stone.

I've been saying this for years. College has become the next high school degree. I'm sure in the future, like now, but more prominent and sophisticated schools will become the norm for the next step for obtaining jobs that don't even require some of the course's they have taken.

People will talk about these situations but nothing relevant or redeeming will come of this. It's set in stone. Get over it and adapt. Think outside the box. That is when you will prosper.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
This guy found out how to motivate people and I support him, another video I like from him:

Thank you for sharing this. I cant say how happy I am that this guy was brought to my attention today. So good for him. It is or always has been kind of said that it will be the youth that change the world. Im sure it has been said in jest for the most part, but I cant help but believe there is a nugget of truth to that cliche'.

On a side note, your name has made me miss a old friend from here that used to stir the pot but I loved him for it, MaybeMaybeNot. Just sayin....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

While I agree with you sir on certain points, I must say for myself I have always been a out of the box thinker. Probably one reason I am a member of this site.

I also see where you say it has been set in stone, BUT, it only takes a hammer to smash a stone and I think the time is upon us finally. Even their stone is crumbling from "Lack of Funds" and cancelling so many programs across the board in schools. Talk about dumbing down in your face...

Here is a dream, how about specialty schools becoming the norm. Take the schools we have, and let the students decide the classes they like. You like science or math, well, take those classes. You like to dabble in art, music, sports? Take one of those classes too.

Funny, you get your choice when you go to college. Why not at a younger age? Say you spend the first few years leaning the basics? Math, (add, subtract, multiple, divide), Reading. I know the norm is reading writing arithmetic, but I think if you can read, you can write. In this day and age, most just type and text, all ready a training in place.

Even stones wear away after a time after being subjected to the elements... Perhaps a simple change of the elements equation yes?

top topics

join