It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Burned Alive: In Ritual Sacrifice, Believed to be Antichrist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
and what if it was the antichrist and they just saved your life...

It's just my opinion and all...but not * EVERY * single topic on ATS necessarily NEEDS an opposing opinion just for the sheer sake of saying there was one.

'course I could be wrong ...but that's my take on how there always seems to be someone to defend the most evil and unthinkable...however depraved it might be.
And the sad thing is Wrabbit, that comment got a lot of starts also

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Well if they can't blame it on religion their gonna go for the drugs being the cause. I guess people don't realize that people have ultimate responsibility for thier actions whether they are influenced by religion, drugs, politics, money or any factors. People need to start taking responsibility for their actions and hold PEOPLE accountable for their decisions. Blaming it on other factors just shifts the blame away from the forces that deserve it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I saw that this morning and must say, that was far more sickening than the comment that was originally posted.

I'd simply say what I said once before. Some threads can come to define people for a LONG time after the thread itself is closed or forgotten ..and this is absolutely one of those, IMO.

..and there I'll leave it for the decency of T&C and good common sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
By your message and your general approach, I imagine you agree with at least a fair part of the above..

edit on 26-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I may go against the grind in a lot of threads, because I don't seem to be able to 'see' things the way others do, and it might come across as being obtuse or simply aggravating things, but I am honest about my opinions. I try to stick to them, and if someone can open my eyes to differences, I'm open to that. Sometimes I don't seem to try, but it's usually where I see no point.

But some of the things I've read recently have simply done my head in. And then I read some of the comments in this thread and I cannot fathom some people.

I agree with you Wrabbit. Just wanted to make that clear

I might not be the best at putting my opinion across, but I never claimed to be.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
And here I was thinking we at ATS were intelligent enough to set emotion aside and calmly think about anything, no matter how far removed it may be from our own world and comfort zone.

I'd like to think that such evil as throwing your own child onto a bonfire is contained within certain individuals of our species. The alternative of course being that anyone, including me and everyone else here, is capable of such acts under the right (or wrong if you will) circumstances because it's part of a species-wide biology. I reject this alternative if for no other reason than wanting to go outside every now and then without thinking I'm surrounded by monsters.

So let's say you need some sort of genetic mutation to be capable of such evil. Wouldn't it then follow that the offspring of such monsters would also have that mutation?

I think we can all agree this so called mother has to be pure evil. Now if all pure evil people killed their own children, they would wipe themselves out, yes?

I know it's a black-and-white world view, but the philosophical dilemma -I think- is this: either good people can become this evil, or evil people are born evil and not every baby is as pure and innocent as we'd like to believe.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Thank you for saying that, about the ahy. I wanted to but I know I'd have gone completely off topic.

I do not believe for one moment that the use of spiritual tools was the cause of the mindset. I believe the backward ignorance of this cult was.

It puts a bad and horrid sleight on the billions of people throughout history who've benefited from their personal journey. And it did need to be said.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People like to take any opportunity to blame things they are opposed to eg, religion, drugs, race. Rather than blame individuals responsible for the crimes they committed. This is PC gone to the extream.
I find it unbelievable how anyone would blame anything other than the individuals responsible for this baby murder. Thats almost as bad as justifying their reasong for doing it. Why on earth do so many younger people these days HATE people who have different beliefs, lifestyles than themselves. Intollerance is the answer. If you hate someone elses beliefs then you are intollerant, just like a racist. Killing babies is not ever a christian thing. How on earth can Christianity be blamed for this.

I read yesterday about a local guy sentenced for murder, he was an athiest and hated jews. Does that mean athiesm is all bad?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but I don't care, throwing a baby into the fire is a horrific, awful sickening crime, and yet abortions all over the world go unnoticed as just a form of birth control.

In the end... What's the difference? Should we not be as equally disturbed by burning a 3 day old baby as we are about abortions? Killing is killing.... To me there is NO grey area in this matter.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sure I may sound cold by saying this, Though I'm not a cold person IRL. This event generally doesn't emotionally affect me, though it is sickening to think about. Of course if this child was my own, despite not having kids at my young age, than It would probably affect me more profoundly.

Though, it's just another blip in events to me, albeit a saddening and messed up event. I personally don't want to care because of how messed up it is. Yes it is saddening and maddening and crazy that this happens, and I wish it doesn't happen again, but death is death and it happens, no matter how gruesome or peaceful it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Pardon the interruption to something unrelated...but this was entirely about religion. Not Christianity and the article makes no claim for mainstream anything. Quite the opposite.

Authorities said the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete, 36, who remains at large.

"Everyone in this sect was a professional," Ampuero said. "We have someone who was a veterinarian and who worked as a flight attendant, we have a filmmaker, a draftsman. Everyone has a university degree. "
(From Op Link)

This was very clearly a cult. I'm not getting into this but to make one simple mention that I was around and involved with helping someone with relation to a cult and it's never cut and dry. it's always tragic. It almost always ends very badly. This was outright evil and these people, too far gone to ever come back, IMO.

I thought it important to mention though, this is NOT about Christianity and never was. Never has been. The story wasn't even implying it any more than saying Koresh was a Christian or Jim Jones was a Catholic.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This forum is looking more like Facebook every day.

edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's just so sickening that it makes me numb in disbelief. I wish this doesn't happen again, despite the fact that there will always be someone in the world that will do it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

It's just so sickening that it makes me numb in disbelief. I wish this doesn't happen again, despite the fact that there will always be someone in the world that will do it.

Oh, so now you're sickened? It doesn't matter what kind of atrocities happened yesterday or last month or last year, this is something that churns your stomach like no other?

Okay, good to know. We can draw the line at burning babies. Be right back, I gotta slaughter a goat and paint old folks homes with its blood...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by

So let's say you need some sort of genetic mutation to be capable of such evil. Wouldn't it then follow that the offspring of such monsters would also have that mutation?

I think we can all agree this so called mother has to be pure evil. Now if all pure evil people killed their own children, they would wipe themselves out, yes?

I know it's a black-and-white world view, but the philosophical dilemma -I think- is this: either good people can become this evil, or evil people are evil and not every baby is as pure and innocent as we'd like to believe.

This would only be plausible if the genetic mutation specifically influenced a mother to kill her child before they reached sexual maturity. Other wise it would not lead to the extinction of the people with the genes. But there are a host of other variables to take into account such as expression in sexes, domence of the gene, and mortality during child birth. So even if there was a gene that made mothers want to kill their baby some offspring may survive to pass down the trait.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You obviously misunderstand me, but you can't personally feel how I feel right now due to the concept of Qualia. I even stated that it was sickening in my OP, it's just that stuff like death happens all the time, and this is one of those deaths that happen.

There are many people on here with differing opinions and views about death, it would be best not to get mad at those who hold differing views about it.
edit on 27-4-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

If I had a baby that I knew for a fact to be the Antichrist I could not bring myself to do something so horrible! I would do my darnedest to raise the child with love and affection and pray that it would make a difference somehow, some way. What these people have done breaks my heart!

Am I to understand from this that despite the omnipotent god of your faith having predetermined the path and destiny of the antichrist, you would resist his plans in order to save your child? Blasphemy!

On a serious note, I'm seeing a huge contradiction of terms:

Satan is evil, he wants to destroy you, give your soul to Jesus or you will suffer the most terrible fate!

vs

It's a baby, don't kill it! I don't care if it's the Antichrist! I'm going to give it every possible chance even if it tries to destroy the world!

Wow. It's like the religious sect of ATS took a complete 180 while I was asleep.
And really, I think that's kind of what's annoying me. If you're going to be irrational, at least be consistent about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You just appear to be targeting everyone for their personal opinions.

On the other hand, If I was to have a baby that was the "antichrist" I would still have it, and I'm not even religious, so would the antichrist know it's the antichrist if it hasn't been exposed to religion?

Nurture vs Nature, people can be raised to be good and caring people.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You just appear to be targeting everyone for their personal opinions.

I am targeting opinions that belie a history of judgment. The reactions here are purely emotional. If we were to look at it logically, I think everyone here would realize the hypocrisy. Dozens of babies are left in LA dumpsters by prostitutes every month, but we never hear a single word about it. Dozens of babies die due to neglect and abuse, but we never hear about it. One baby dies in a freak cult incident, and there's an uproar over it. Do we get any recognition for the hundreds and thousands of babies that have died in other unfortunate circumstances?

So if the Antichrist were to be real, you believe that your caring ways can thwart the best laid plans of an omnipotent and omniscient god?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So if the Antichrist were to be real, you believe that your caring ways can thwart the best laid plans of an omnipotent and omniscient god?

I don't believe in omnipotent and omniscient gods/god-like entities. The infant would just be that, an infant, therefore the child would be raised a caring and loving human being.
edit on 27-4-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I think that is where free will and determination comes in. As I understand the beliefs, God gave free will for mankind to sink or swim as it chooses. Free will to be saved and Free will to be lost. However one defines God, that seems a fairly constant line through the major Faiths and a good number of the lesser ones as well. Just my two cents.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join