It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever delve into the occult?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have a very extensive library on this subject, with many books, well over a hundred years old. I have had some very interesting experiences while performing invocations/evocations. Anyone else into this? Not religious at all, but I think there are other dimensions, entities, etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm very interested in the subject, but to date can't say I've read a lot of literature. Care to share some details of your evocations?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm a Christian mystic that verges into Gnosticism, Hermeticism, and Neoplatonism (without getting too deep into it), and as such, I believe it is fundamental to the obtainment of wisdom, which is a Godly venture, to read and listen to people from a wide range of belief systems. Religions, philosophies, magick system, things of this nature. I don't agree with, say, necromancy, but I will certainly learn about it. But I am fortified in heart and soul, and no evil can touch me (Psalm 23).

I have a large library of various books on the aforementioned subjects. There's a torrent somewhere with something called the "Library of Babylon" (I think). Anyways, it has hundreds of books on the occult. I'm not promoting anything that they teach (as the library also includes a few antisemitic, racist, and downright Satanic literature), just so you don't get the wrong idea.

My philosophy is: If you're going to discuss Islam, you need to read the Quran from cover to cover. If you're going to discuss Buddhism, the Pali Canon or other sutras. Hinduism, the Bhagavad Gita. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke out of your rear, speaking a great deal but really saying nothing.
edit on 26-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Im an ocasional psychonaut. Been there, conjured that. What kind of practices do you lean towards?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by irish1

According to mosty texts, once a person dies in this world they normally have 30 days before they move on. Though they can cross back over with a "guide" at any time, it generally is much harder. I know when my grandmother passed away, I used the Grimoire for evocations/invocations and had a very interesting session. Room dropped approximately 20 degrees within the span of less than a minute. I was also using a scrying bowl, incense, and candels. No windows were open, no fans, nothing. Candles started to blow out. I have a couple of cats, and cats are supposed to be guardians of the underworld. Well, my cats in unison started to hiss at something above the center of the table. Out of everything though, I felt a strange calmness and tranquility.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 26-4-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
I'm a Christian mystic that verges into Gnosticism, Hermeticism, and Neoplatonism (without getting too deep into it), and as such, I believe it is fundamental to the obtainment of wisdom, which is a Godly venture, to read and listen to people from a wide range of belief systems. Religions, philosophies, magick system, things of this nature. I don't agree with, say, necromancy, but I will certainly learn about it. But I am fortified in heart and soul, and no evil can touch me (Psalm 23).

I have a large library of various books on the aforementioned subjects. There's a torrent somewhere with something called the "Library of Babylon" (I think). Anyways, it has hundreds of books on the occult. I'm not promoting anything that they teach (as the library also includes a few antisemitic, racist, and downright Satanic literature), just so you don't get the wrong idea.

My philosophy is: If you're going to discuss Islam, you need to read the Quran from cover to cover. If you're going to discuss Buddhism, the Pali Canon or other sutras. Hinduism, the Bhagavad Gita. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke out of your rear, speaking a great deal but really saying nothing.
edit on 26-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

There are many who would benefit from this wisdom. So many want to make accusations against, or endorsements for, things they do not understand. It's a huge issue.

top topics

join