It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large creature filmed in HD in Irish lake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by jimbo999

It looks real but who goes fishing wearing a blue blazer?

That's been explained a few times now. Read above.

J.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Originally posted by DaRAGE
That was no whale! Plus I have no doubt that it was massive and seeing it hauling ass at a fast speed due to the wake in the water.

I also don't believe there was another boat or watercraft pulling this thing on a rope as a boat/watercraft would have left it's own wake in front of it.

I really think that big object was a head, but that's a big head....and a weird one too...
I believe that is exactly what it was, a replica towed threw the water with a valve to submerge. The camera does not pan to the right looking to see if it reemerges because, the tow boat would have been seen. The rope was tied about two foot below the surface so it would not be seen or its wake noticed. The tow boat started from a dead stop so no wake would be visible in the area, besides, the rope most likely was 100 foot long..

But that isn't what caught my eye. It was the lack of motion of this thing being so close to two boats full of screaming Irishmen lol lol. There was also no visible bubbles as it descended. Most air breathers when submerging would leave a trail of bubbles, this didn't, except for the bubbles coming out of the back of its head from the valve that was opened, allowing it to sink.

But, that's just my opinion, its fake.

snap of valve opening and air venting out. Aprox at 58 seconds.

edit on 26-4-2013 by All Seeing Eye because: Edit to add photo

That could easily be either a blowhole or just a bit of wake coming from behind it too.

Just sayin'

J.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting.

But even more so is the guy fishing in a suit jacket and white shirt.

Is this an Irish thing or is he part of a camera crew that set up a hoax?

Peace

Funny. That was my first thought as well. Not about the "monster" who if it is real I would bet after going on whale watches is most likely just that a whale that has lost it's way. My first thought was who goes fishing with a jacket on and pants like that? The answer is almost no body ever. Would be a cool story if this was a real monster but my guess is this was the tourism board from the local town.
edit on 27-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

Please read the thread. The suit has been explained numerous times now.

Cheers,

J.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ok - part 2 of my critique of this

is it a known creature ?

IMHO - no , no known organism which could REASONABLY be credited with making an apperence in loch foyle , has the natural body shape required

my argument - at 0.05 - the " monster hump " is seen at its largest - and has an aspect ratio [ water line length / height ] of 2.85 : 1

ie - assuming for convenience that the height is 1m - the exposed section = 2.85m long

this rules out :

sea turtles - thier shells are relatvly flat

sturgeon - please review known sturgeon

whales -no known wale has a

marine mamals [ dolphins etc ] - lack of fin

marine mamals [ seal / sealion etc ] - no marine mamal has a sufficient girth / length ratio to show this much of its body

sharks - lack of fin

other fishes - no fins and does not match the behaviour of any known fish

squid / octopus - previously unseen behavious - and inconsistent with thier means of locompotion

while almost all the creatures above CAN preform acrobatics and manouvers that put a large portion of thier body out the water - they are ACROBATIC MANOUVERS - inconsistant with the small wake displayed in the vid

plus such acrobatics also reveal head / flipper / fin / fluke details

this vid - shows a lesuirly forward movement - steadily diving - with no other activity - sugesting what is below the surface

so - cryptid or hoax ?

as i show in previous post - a hoax is certainly possible [ PS - i did not include ROVs or such im my analysis - as thiey are expensive - compared to the senario i present - require a support vessel - and ussually an umbilical ]

cryptid ? - i am more inclined to accept the posibility of an oceanic cryptid than any other [ loch foyle has a 28m deep chanel to the atlantic ] but this vid just does not sit right with me

Very interesting observations - and thanks for them too. I agree with most of your remarks in this post. However, having seen an ocean-going cryptid myself, with other witnesses in daylight at close range, I'm hesitant to cry out 'fake' in too much of a hurry. There is much yet to discover out there in our oceans still...
Regards,
J.
edit on 27-4-2013 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm think'n
the film is in reverse.
And if it were played the way it was recorded you would be able
to see it was being dragged. Watch it again.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't rule out a pinniped of some sort. (Provided this isn't a hoax with something being towed by another boat that's off-shot.) Could be a really lumpy looking walrus or some such that wandered down from the Arctic Ocean. Hard to tell though, since it's not clear and the only time it was in full zoom it was out of focus.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Wow - we have gotten lazy on ATS, First off, if you had bothered to fully read the thread before commenting, you would quit with the guy in a suit comments. That has been explained at least half a dozen times. Second - to me and anyone else who has spent any time near an ocean or a body of water that connects to an ocean (such as Puget Sound in my case), I would say that this is clearly a whale - probably some type of Baleen Whale (like a right whale or gray whale). And BTW, this does look and swim exactly like a whale regardless of what some non coastal "expert" thinks.

This took me all of 15 seconds to find - and looks quite close to the frame that Frogs had on the first page - except that Frogs picture looks like it is slightly more submerged than this one:

Interesting find - but to me, the creature in the video capture doesnt look anything like the whale pic you linked to.

Just my opinion.

I don't know why everything has to be either a hoax or some new cryptid. Believe it or not, there's usually a logical and boring explanation for most mis-interpreted things.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
This classic adage came to mind

But yea, the fact that they are filming a movie, a Lynch movie at that, leads me to believe it is a prop of some type, with stiff unnatural movements. But hey, I'm open to crypto potential too.. there's a lot of water out there.

Well they're NOT filming a Lynch movie. Just making a movie in homage to David Lynch from what I can gather...

Cheers,

J.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Probably the best dressed fisherman I have ever seen!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Wow - we have gotten lazy on ATS, First off, if you had bothered to fully read the thread before commenting, you would quit with the guy in a suit comments. That has been explained at least half a dozen times. Second - to me and anyone else who has spent any time near an ocean or a body of water that connects to an ocean (such as Puget Sound in my case), I would say that this is clearly a whale - probably some type of Baleen Whale (like a right whale or gray whale). And BTW, this does look and swim exactly like a whale regardless of what some non coastal "expert" thinks.

This took me all of 15 seconds to find - and looks quite close to the frame that Frogs had on the first page - except that Frogs picture looks like it is slightly more submerged than this one:

I don't know why everything has to be either a hoax or some new cryptid. Believe it or not, there's usually a logical and boring explanation for most mis-interpreted things.

Exactly. Thanks for the link. Certainly looks like a small baleen whale.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is Gamera taking a dip after a fight with Godzilla. No, really it is very intriguing, nothing is towing it because I could not detect a wake from WHAT would be towing it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

That's one big lake. Perhaps it is the sea/ocean, just maybe? Whales anybody?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
it didnt look like natural movement to me at all..looked like something moving at a very constant rate

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I buy their story personally, and therefore things like the suit, the anchored boats, etc. can easily be explained away. If you look at a map of this lake it is apparent that it is connected to the ocean. It is right on it actually. Just like Loch Ness is connected to the ocean, although that is a freshwater lake. This lake we are talking about is probably not freshwater, but I am not certain of that. I doubt there is a connection between what is seen in Loch Ness and this creature, mainly because we can only see one body above the waterline. Had their been multiple "humps," I would have concluded a connection was much more likely.

Anyway, it is highly probable that there are creatures in the world's oceans that are large, and more importantly, undocumented. This is so probable that I would consider it fact. Not only do these oceans spread and cover most of the earth, but they are so deep that we may never know what all is down there. Now it is entirely possible, given the position of this lake in comparison to the ocean, that some large ocean animal could easily have swam into the lake, for whatever reason. But the same argument used at Loch Ness should be used here as well, which is that there are fish that can get pretty large, and that can cause sightings of a similar nature. The main thing about the Loch Ness sightings however are the "humps," as I mentioned earlier. That narrows things down quite a bit. I wonder if there is a history of sightings in this Irish lake...So honestly there is no way of really knowing. But I believe there is something in Loch Ness, as there are just too many detailed reports to simply dismiss them all as hoaxes or misidentifications.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
it didnt look like natural movement to me at all..looked like something moving at a very constant rate

Yes, I agree. I did kind of mention that but the OP took it upon themselves to spam their own thread and just reply to posts they agreed with. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

My first thought was "It looks like something being towed". I say this because there is none of the disturbance I would expect from a finned animal. A fish (or reptile i.e ichtyosaur) would have a vertical tail at the surface peeking out and a mammal would have a horizontal fin wake. The lack of a dorsal fin is something of a problem (but not entirely unheard of) Something "jet propelled" like a squid or an octopus has no skeleton and would not have such a distinct large, ridged and bumpy body above water. Unless what we are seeing is the "head" and the rest of the body is under water?... My best guess is "Hoax".

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wow, was this thread a joke and everyone that posted in the thread part of an inside joke?

If you read the youtube comments the author of the video says it was a movie they were filming....if I missed the part that someone pointed out the obvious then I apoligize.

The creator...admits it's a man in a rubber suit being dragged through the water....the suit...is part of the movie.

Way to cyber sleuth ats, hahahaha.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
Wow, was this thread a joke and everyone that posted in the thread part of an inside joke?

If you read the youtube comments the author of the video says it was a movie they were filming....if I missed the part that someone pointed out the obvious then I apoligize.

The creator...admits it's a man in a rubber suit being dragged through the water....the suit...is part of the movie.

Way to cyber sleuth ats, hahahaha.

Not sure if serious.

He doesn't claim or admit any such thing.

Unless you only read every 5'th word in a sentence.

Published on Apr 15, 2013

Was shooting in Lough Foyle when this thing went past us. It was massive. Really don't know what it was. There have been whales in the Lough before so maybe that's what it was but Matthew was closer than we were and says it was no whale. Looks like we have our own Loch Ness Monster?! Any experts out there ?
We're still filming so if it shows up again we'll do our best to get a better shot of it.
Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

If real, I'd go for mammal.
If fake, I'd go for someone/thing under the water as it has a decent bulk and isn't dragged from above.

either way, it's not going to prevent world hunger or create sustainable energy, so it's not going to be in the news.. unless someone catches it, kills it, cuts it up and markets it to rich people...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Can't people even make good hoaxes any more?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It could be Morgawr

43 seconds I see a boat in the far distance. but note there is a ship too but that wouldn't be towing the thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join