It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large creature filmed in HD in Irish lake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Well that is proof positive that Guinness is good for you, jokes aside great thread but not that unusual as there are reports of large aquatic creatures from almost every large lake in the world from Norway to south Africa and Japan to south America.

The answers and explanations range from outright hoax to mis-identification but some are truly anomalous and something tells me this may be one but remember that local hotels and tourism can be boosted by a good fisherman's tale and it may only be a matter of time before somebody names it and created a whisky named after it.

The lock ness monster in Scotland may have paranormal explanations as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You make a lot of good points to be real. I am just saying you can't base it not being a whale based off some whale profile. I think the actual video perspective is misleading. It is too close to the water to make out fins or tails. It could well be a hoax. It could be a whale. It possibly could be something else. The video is in HD but the angle the video was shot was wrong for any type of real analysis. The object in the videos seemingly constant speed is a bit odd to me as well. It is almost like it was "swimming" the exact same speed for the entire length it was on screen. I certainly think it is possible there are large beasts swimming in the oceans or lochs that have never been seen before. Back in the 70's for example the idea of giant squid was considered laughable almost.
edit on 27-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow - we have gotten lazy on ATS, First off, if you had bothered to fully read the thread before commenting, you would quit with the guy in a suit comments. That has been explained at least half a dozen times. Second - to me and anyone else who has spent any time near an ocean or a body of water that connects to an ocean (such as Puget Sound in my case), I would say that this is clearly a whale - probably some type of Baleen Whale (like a right whale or gray whale). And BTW, this does look and swim exactly like a whale regardless of what some non coastal "expert" thinks.

This took me all of 15 seconds to find - and looks quite close to the frame that Frogs had on the first page - except that Frogs picture looks like it is slightly more submerged than this one:

I don't know why everything has to be either a hoax or some new cryptid. Believe it or not, there's usually a logical and boring explanation for most mis-interpreted things.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

dear sir - as you insist that this incident is a rorquals whale sighting - please explain where its dorsal fin is - PS - the image you cite bears ZERO relation to any screencap from the OP vid

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This classic adage came to mind

But yea, the fact that they are filming a movie, a Lynch movie at that, leads me to believe it is a prop of some type, with stiff unnatural movements. But hey, I'm open to crypto potential too.. there's a lot of water out there.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Seriously whats the deal with some of these people and cameras, I understand the shakes but then theres the ones like this guy who start swinging it from left to right, and THEN when its off the main point of focus they're steady again, but something mad here in Irelaand? deserves a look

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I got a slightly different screenshot to a previous poster, it's either a turtle, or a hoax. Turtle seems like a good answer though, definitely not a whale or similar.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

a whale you say ?

whales dive in a particular way whale dive behaviour

whales also have known body shapes whale profiles

whales also have known swimming techniques

i cannot match the behaviour in the OP vid - to any known whale - can you ?
edit on 27-4-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

I cannot match the behaviour either, I am but an interested person not an expert-but some whales get encrusted with barnacles and other stuff,and just maybe it was one of those,maybe a sick or old one.
But,it could also be something else,I could not rule that out.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hoax, why does it get so wobbly and blurry when going for a close up shot?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fg45rr1

Problem with digital camcorders, the autofocus is terrible, I speak from experience. It's a nightmare when filming friends gigs and that happens, takes a while to get it to focus back in again.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by fg45rr1

Problem with digital camcorders, the autofocus is terrible, I speak from experience. It's a nightmare when filming friends gigs and that happens, takes a while to get it to focus back in again.

Only the cheap auto focus ones..these guys were supposed to be making a film so would probably have had better equipment than a $100 sony and at least know how to use it well.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If they are filming, better get a new camera man, cause that one sucks.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I got a slightly different screenshot to a previous poster, it's either a turtle, or a hoax. Turtle seems like a good answer though, definitely not a whale or similar.

It would be very weird if it was a turtle Mr Woogle,for it looks too big,let alone we don't get turtles up there-too cold.
I still go with a maybe ill whale,with encrustation of barnacles.
If it turns out to be a turtle,i shall of course eat my words which would be painful as they only exist on my hard disk.
A turtle it is not,I say.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Judging by the graininess no, they were using one of the cheaper ones, and for the record, my cam was £349 reduced from £549....so not a cheapy, but still crap autofocus.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OP looks motorised, automated whatever, but definitely not natural. Looks like a leak from a film crew in production.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Turtle was a long shot, but still looks more turtle like than whale like.....it's the curvy bits on the front and side that make it look like that to me.

I swim in the same waters (more or less, still the Irish sea), they are cold, but then we have still seen some weird creatures in them that should be in warmer waters.

Maybe it is just a hoax...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Right around :08 in, I think I see a small puff, like water blowing from a whale's spout or blowhole, whatever it's called.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I managed to get a fairly decent frame of it from the vid..

As for why the guy is in a suit here is what they have to say in the Vid on Youtube where they mention why the guy was in a suit..

Was shooting in Lough Foyle when this thing went past us. It was massive. Really don't know what it was. There have been whales in the Lough before so maybe that's what it was but Matthew was closer than we were and says it was no whale. Looks like we have our own Loch Ness Monster?! Any experts out there ?
We're still filming so if it shows up again we'll do our best to get a better shot of it.
Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

Ok this should be a little more fuel for the debate..

Wow - that's a great capture there! Am I imagining it, or am I seeing an eye there on the left side of what appears to be the creatures head? There also seem to be a corresponding bulge on the other (right side as you look at it) side of the 'head' that would seem to be the other eye socket perhaps?

As for people who keep going on and on about the guy in the suit - if you read the video posters comments, and has been mentioned in this thread over and over now - they were filming a "Fishing With David Lynch" video, which is why he was in the suit. He was playing 'David Lynch". So I don't think that is really relevant somehow.

So what exactly is it? No blowhole activity, so it probably isn't a whale... A dolphin? It would be one huge dolphin. But there's no dorsal fin...

Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

It would be very weird if it was a turtle Mr Woogle,for it looks too big,let alone we don't get turtles up there-too cold.
I still go with a maybe ill whale,with encrustation of barnacles.
If it turns out to be a turtle,i shall of course eat my words which would be painful as they only exist on my hard disk.
A turtle it is not,I say.

Agreed. I think if it was a turtle, you would be able to see it's shell behind the head that is protruding from the water. Yet there is no sign of a shell...

Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
I dont understand cryptozoology. Why are people not impressed enough with the monsters we already have walking/swimming/flying around?

Once you stop finding mysteries interesting in my opinion, you cease to inquire. Finding mysteries enthralling is what makes us discover, create, and achieve all we have achieved as a race. Besides, mysteries are what this board are all about. Otherwise I'd be on a sewing website...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join