It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large creature filmed in HD in Irish lake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting.

But even more so is the guy fishing in a suit jacket and white shirt.

Is this an Irish thing or is he part of a camera crew that set up a hoax?

Peace

I was laughing about that too.

Was he going to a wedding or a funeral?

I think they should have of gotten closer.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

not making any claim that this is fake - but here is my opinion on how easy it would be to fake the OP clip :

1 SCUBA diver , qualified & equipped with CCR [ closed circuit rebreather ] apparatus
1 DPV [ diver proulsion vehicle ] wikki entry
1 " monster hump " - constructed from lightweight painted fibreglass skin and alloy ` skeleton `

thus you have a " monster hump " moving through the water at speeds higher than a swimmer can attain - with no signs of a tow , and no bubbles

not saying anything - other than this senario would create a vid clip indistinguishable from OP clip

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well the video definitely looks real to me, I don't see any signs of CGI. I'm fairly certain it's not CGI but you can never really be certain in this day and age. As for what it is, my first answer would be whale but I'm not sure it really is a whale.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Nevermind the guy that is holding a fishing pole for the first time.

This is most likely a remotely operated vehicle fitted with what can be seen on the video.

Either that or a floating, swimming boulder or a giant hunchbacked water dwelling monster.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Must say I was surprised when the video zoomed out to show a guy in a suit

Ok, so he was filming some documentary, and hence had HD cameras in a boat, and was wearing a suit due to the nature of the documentary.

Looks like either a turtle, or then like others have suggested a diver. Quite certain its not CGI.

As for the focus, it might be one of those annoying things you can't manually focus. My HD camcorder gets that problem as well, you have to point the camera at something clear and unmoving to refocus, and then move it back to the moving object. More expensive cameras would have better auto-focus and manual focus, but some of us can't afford that kind of equipment.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The only truly weird thing I see is a guy out fishing in a suit!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
All are talking about the guy in the suit.

I was just asking myself why I didn't see any swimming motion. It looked like it was propelled by an engine.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
FFS - before commenting on " the guy in the suit " - please have the decency to read the info off youtube :

Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

the suit is fooking irrelevant - to anything [ except the fact the film maker is a D lynch fanboy ]

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
FFS - before commenting on " the guy in the suit " - please have the decency to read the info off youtube :

Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

the suit is fooking irrelevant - to anything [ except the fact the film maker is a D lynch fanboy ]

I think everyone noticed that (it was probably posted on page 1 as well). Its just hilarious to see a guy in a suit fishing.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
ok - part 2 of my critique of this

is it a known creature ?

IMHO - no , no known organism which could REASONABLY be credited with making an apperence in loch foyle , has the natural body shape required

my argument - at 0.05 - the " monster hump " is seen at its largest - and has an aspect ratio [ water line length / height ] of 2.85 : 1

ie - assuming for convenience that the height is 1m - the exposed section = 2.85m long

this rules out :

sea turtles - thier shells are relatvly flat

sturgeon - please review known sturgeon

whales -no known wale has a

marine mamals [ dolphins etc ] - lack of fin

marine mamals [ seal / sealion etc ] - no marine mamal has a sufficient girth / length ratio to show this much of its body

sharks - lack of fin

other fishes - no fins and does not match the behaviour of any known fish

squid / octopus - previously unseen behavious - and inconsistent with thier means of locompotion

while almost all the creatures above CAN preform acrobatics and manouvers that put a large portion of thier body out the water - they are ACROBATIC MANOUVERS - inconsistant with the small wake displayed in the vid

plus such acrobatics also reveal head / flipper / fin / fluke details

this vid - shows a lesuirly forward movement - steadily diving - with no other activity - sugesting what is below the surface

so - cryptid or hoax ?

as i show in previous post - a hoax is certainly possible [ PS - i did not include ROVs or such im my analysis - as thiey are expensive - compared to the senario i present - require a support vessel - and ussually an umbilical ]

cryptid ? - i am more inclined to accept the posibility of an oceanic cryptid than any other [ loch foyle has a 28m deep chanel to the atlantic ] but this vid just does not sit right with me

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Why do all hoax videos seem like hoax videos? Something about the camera work/dialogue/reactions that always feels unnatural...can't really put my finger on it. This video gave me that 'hoax feeling' instantly, so I'm going with the gut. FAKE!

Don't know why it's fake...but I trust my instinct.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Lochness thoughts: "Hmm look at this fool fishing in a suit...
they got cameras.. hmm been a while since i make an appearance"
-rises up to surface-
Lochness: "Hiii mom, I'm gonna be on tv! OH by the way that guy in the suit is gay."
-descends into water-
Lochness thoughts: "Ha stupid drunkies they'll just call it a hoax again" ^-^

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't know what is more mysterious the creature in the water or the man fishing in a suit.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I guess another thing that does not strike me as authentic about this video is the guy in the boat by himself. I personally would have been trying to make a run for it. Wonder what he saw exactly as he shows almost no emotion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It could easily be a whale IMO-look at the location-its open to the sea,so a whale could easily swim into it.

edit on 27/4/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: added pic

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

a whale you say ?

whales dive in a particular way whale dive behaviour

whales also have known body shapes whale profiles

whales also have known swimming techniques

i cannot match the behaviour in the OP vid - to any known whale - can you ?
edit on 27-4-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I have been on many whale watching tours and this thing in the video exhibits exactly what I saw many times with my own eyes. Not all whales are the same. Not all act in the same way. Whales of the same species can act differently and are not stereotyped into a specific whale profile. Some whales dive one way some dice another even from the same species. Some will breach their bodies out of the water looking for plankton while others do not breach even from the same species.

But I am sure your right it cannot be a whale which are fairly common and must be some here to date unknown huge sea creature.
edit on 27-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

ok - can you show some evidence for a known whale exhibiting this type of behaviour ????? - just a hump and no sign of fins or flukes - or anything else

as i said in my 1st post - i consider HOAX most probable - and i outline how a hoax would be executed

lastly - previous whales in loch foyle have been media and tourist circuses - this incident is just a youtube drive by

we dont even know the date it occurred - dont you find the utter lack of details odd ?????

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Them Irish are pretty classy...Never saw a fisherman fishing while wearing a suit before...I agree with others...Why not boat right up to it to see what it is???

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We can rule out basking sharks, though they are common around the British Isles and Ireland, they have a dorsal fin, which would be clearly visible if the 'humpy protusion' was indeed a head.
On that note, we can also rule out an orca, or similar mammalian fish.
I am currently looking for a match in whales, and their head shapes, but so far no luck.
The fact there doesn't seem to be any water disturbance for fins or tail, makes me think this is probably a hoax though. A whale would leave water swirls etc.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join