It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large creature filmed in HD in Irish lake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just stumbled over this on Cryptomundo. It's pretty interesting footage. There does not appear to be anything towing it - as there is no boat wake evident, and it just does not look like CGI to me - although I'm no expert.
There is traditionally a creature lurking in this lake according to locals, but I think this is the first time it's actually been filmed.

If you can, check out the video in HD full screen.

Was shooting in Lough Foyle when this thing went past us. It was massive. Really don't know what it was. There have been whales in the Lough before so maybe that's what it was but Matthew was closer than we were and says it was no whale. Looks like we have our own Loch Ness Monster?! Any experts out there ? We're still filming so if it shows up again we'll do our best to get a better shot of it.

edit on 26-4-2013 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Probably calling hoax on this one, or nothing out of the ordinary they had two boats and an HD camera on top of this thing and they just let it swim off. The camera man cant even adjust the lens properly and seems more interested in filming the fisherman than the object in the water

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Interesting.

But even more so is the guy fishing in a suit jacket and white shirt.

Is this an Irish thing or is he part of a camera crew that set up a hoax?

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I really enjoyed that. I don't think it's blatantly a hoax at the very least.

One Question: Who the hell goes fishing in a suit?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok....have some questions.

Why is the boat on the far side anchored? You can clearly see both bow and stern lines out and taught. And why is the kid in the front of the filming boat in a suit? Who goes fishing in a suit?

I am going with a movie trailer or short film of some sort on this one.

The video poster did say on the youtube comments:

We were making a short film called 'Fishing with David Lynch', the suit was part of the costume (a David Lynch costume), thats why we had cameras with us.

Has to be a film project. Hence the name of their film as they stated along with a book by David Lynch

David Lynch's voice has a diminutive, nasal inflection. You can hear the Pacific Northwest's gentility and echoes of a woodland youth. In his new book, Catching The Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity, this calm is felt in each short, declarative sentence that makes up each short, welcoming chapter.

edit on 4/26/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/26/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting.

But even more so is the guy fishing in a suit jacket and white shirt.

Is this an Irish thing or is he part of a camera crew that set up a hoax?

Peace

I think you catch more fish if you dress up...dress for success, right?

That was the first thing that I noticed that was odd. I guess they put more thought into the "monster" than the setting and costumes.

link   
Hey, neat.....Never saw someone so well dressed fishing before. I think they may be fishing for suckers.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Probably some student project, if they'd been real irish fishermen i'm sure we would of see the offshore pipeline between them and the guiness brewery

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
lol, funny how it was noticed that the guy was fishing in his suit more than the object in the water. Now if they followed it and tried to get more film then maybe they might have been able to display something more than a guy fishing in his suit.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Thanks for catching that. I guess we don't have to ponder too much on this vid.

I would love for someone to find an actual lake monster though.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The guy in the suit is NOT fishing.
But he is trolling......................

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Odd but for some reason this brought up memories of reading and watching The Old Man and the Sea....not sure why but just has that odd feel to it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

edit on 26-4-2013 by darknewt because: it was all ready said

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i would have been happier if they had panned the camera 90 degrees to the right to prove there wasn't a boat far off pulling whatever it was. It just seems during the filming theres lots of movement in the camera but they always just pull the view to the left as it starts to stray off to the right. It really feels like theres something off to the right to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My grandfather took his coat off when fishing. Fished in vest, shirt and tie, dress trousers, shoes with spats, and a felt hat with feather in band. From what I gather, in the day, when people traveled they dressed in their best.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Lough Foyle isn't a lake it's an estuary, and there have been reports of whales entering it before, my money would be on a.....whale.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Interesting.
But even more so is the guy fishing in a suit jacket and white shirt. Is this an Irish thing or is he part of a camera crew that set up a hoax?

It's an Irish thing......Years back all the Irish navvies that used to work on the roads around the UK all used to wear a suit jacket!......don't know why but they did!

True story!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ummmmm, first of all, who wears a suit on a boat in the lake ? Second, I can't get a good look at it because the camera is all over the place. Third, why is the guy in the suit smiling like this is a joke ? I would be freaking out if I were wearing a suit on a boat in a lake and saw a monster.

I say .... HOAX

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by straddlebug

I guess you are right, I always get dirty doing things when I am dressed up. That is why I hardly ever wear my good clothes anymore. I wear Bibs a lot, I have a huge hernia patch with staples right where the belt line is.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I managed to get a fairly decent frame of it from the vid..

As for why the guy is in a suit here is what they have to say in the Vid on Youtube where they mention why the guy was in a suit..

Was shooting in Lough Foyle when this thing went past us. It was massive. Really don't know what it was. There have been whales in the Lough before so maybe that's what it was but Matthew was closer than we were and says it was no whale. Looks like we have our own Loch Ness Monster?! Any experts out there ?
We're still filming so if it shows up again we'll do our best to get a better shot of it.
Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

Ok this should be a little more fuel for the debate..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join