It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever hated your job so much, you despise waking up in the morning...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Then quit your job and start doing what you love bro, God only helps to those whom help themselves. You will feel the support when you'll follow your heart and not the mind. ^^

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
From the age of 19 I worked in retail - and hated every single second of it. My last job got so bad the stress was making me ill and I ended up having to take quite a bit of sick leave (which was somewhat gratifying in its own way-leaving them with cover issues etc). It got so bad I was not sleeping properly in the end. I felt like my skills were not being used and I was just a number in the corporation and not a human being.

Then something happened - a theft on my shift while I was in charge. There was an investigation and myself and one other were suspended with pay.

What happened then was a lifesaver - While suspended I was constantly looking for work (this was just before 2008 before the SHTF) and I applied for everything, even work I knew I was not qualified for or had no experience in.

One of these companies unexpectedly called me in for an interview - I was astounded. I had no experience in the particular field of work although my actual skills (electronic and mechanical) and qualifications were most certainly a big part of the job. This company was brilliant - recognised the ability in me and offered the job the next day. The pay was not brilliant but better than my (still suspended) retail job and it was something I was excited about actually doing.

Since I had this offer of a job I strung up my existing "employer" and let them go through the entire cost and effort of the suspension hearings, hotel stays for senior investigating staff, HR and Doctor bookings. At the very final suspension interview I let them get right to the end about to make their decision when I told them "don't worry I quit immediately" and just walked it.

It was invigorating, entertaining and stress relieving all at the same time.

I used to be a duty manager in a shop.

Now Im a Chief Projectionist & IT manager for a small independent local Cinema, earning reasonable money and have a lot of connections in the industry. I directly manage two staff and only report to 2 people. I maintain all the equipment myself and have designed and implemented a total refit from 2 old 35mm changeover machines to a brand new 35mm and Digital. It is a small business and has only 15 staff. I am the only person responsible for the "customer experience" and my work is truly gratifying. Constantly looking for ways to innovate, improve the cinema experience and my ideas are listened to! I don't feel like a number any more, I'm a proper member of staff and feel valued and respected.

I actually LOOK FORWARD to going to work every day!

So, keep your chin up and you will eventually fall into your dream job!
edit on 27-4-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Try being a truck driver when you go to bed you're at work, when you wake up still there. This job sucks!

At least you get to sleep. A few jobs ago, I worked 40 hard hours a week + overtime + taking call + rotating weekends. The beeper could (and did!) go off anytime, even on the way home. After a while, it seemed that I was always either at work, or on my way to work. After a while, I was tired every day except Sunday, and a while after that, I was tired every day except the Monday of a three-day weekend. It was a stand-up job, and my legs ached for six weeks of unemployment after the job ended, and for many weeks into the next job.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I work as a 'Customer Assistant' in a moderately-sized supermarket in the centre of my local city. I am not a particularly talkative or outgoing person, so I was dreading it at first, but after a few days I settled in and, beyond all my expectations, began to enjoy it! Speaking to customers has become interesting for a few reasons, and for the first time in my life I can honestly say that I enjoy working as part of a team! I went to work with a smile, smiled for eight hours, then came back home still smiling. This continued until the end of the second week, when I was assigned a task called 'waste disposal'.

I assumed it would be disgusting, and my assumption was correct, but for completely different reasons to what I had imagined. Everyday without fail the store throws away at least a cubic metre of perfectly good food because the numbers on the front say otherwise, and on that day, with my own two hands, I did it. If you don't work in retail, to give you an idea of just what a cubic metre of food looks like inside, imagine four-hundred average-sized microwave meals. This is on one day, in one store, and is 'completely normal'.

When I finish my shift and leave the store at 10pm, I cannot walk more than ten steps without seeing a hungry homeless person, curled up in a doorway, an overturned hat or flannel lying before them hoping to be graced with a few pennies so they may survive one more night, for whom even a fraction of that cubic metre would help to alleviate the suffering for a while. But if I were ever to put any of this into practice, I would be fired and tried for theft, and so I don't.
I have become someone who is willing to throw away good food and turn a blind eye to the suffering of others because if I don't, then I will ultimately end up becoming one of them, and I'm not sure which is worse.

I have never felt more morally raped by this world, and I have never hated myself more.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I used to have a job that I quite liked, it was local, not too demanding, pay not too bad and the people were happy. Now the boss has sold up to some skanky assett stripping firm, who have taken all of the stock and have shunted us all up with some mind numbing sole destroying work so we can work out our notice. Now getting up in the morning sucks. Still, only 3 months of it to go.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This 8 hour shift is soo unnatural, this is mainly the cause for so much mental illness. Depression being on the top of the list.

Naturally, we suppose to have naps around 12ish pm~ for couple of hours.

Night Sleep - 10pm to 6am.
Nap - 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Repeat.

We are nothing but species of slaves in the making.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join