It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever hated your job so much, you despise waking up in the morning...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I been supporting myself with my dj equipment since 17. Easily earning $250 in less than 5 hours.
I started working at a dealership at age 20 and now I have 1 1/2 years there and barely got a small raise from minimum wage last week.

I don't really need the job since I can live on $200 a month maybe even less.
I see people taken advantage of everywhere and I don't really like people bossing me around.

I just finished building my home studio so its back to living the easy life and no more 8-5 for me.

I pretty much get to choose to work or not and its something I really enjoy doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Speaking of which (a self pat on the back maybe looking for a little ATS luv... :roll
I am putting my two weeks notice on Tuesday!

Found a new job that will be a life style change in terms of salary

The place I am at now is actually a pretty relaxing place to work and I have a few gripes but overall its an 8/10 they just pay me much much less than the market dictates for someone who does what I do.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I been supporting myself with my dj equipment since 17. Easily earning $250 in less than 5 hours.
I started working at a dealership at age 20 and now I have 1 1/2 years there and barely got a small raise from minimum wage last week.

I don't really need the job since I can live on $200 a month maybe even less.
I see people taken advantage of everywhere and I don't really like people bossing me around.

I just finished building my home studio so its back to living the easy life and no more 8-5 for me.

I pretty much get to choose to work or not and its something I really enjoy doing.

I don't know how old you are but as you get older you will need a job (maybe you never know) that has things like benefits for your family or you may want a house or something and lack of work experience may come back and bite you in the arse.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Honest to God, I was sooo stressed out working for a large American Co. ( 15 yrs. ) that I would wake up before my alarm went off and thank God I still had even 15 mins. before I had to get up......then I would check messages with "impending doom" in my heart...." Please oh Please, don't ask something unreasonable of me today " I was a traveling District Manager / Merchandiser, from what went from 1 district, when I was promoted, to 3 districts....it was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to not have to tell someone No...lol...and Store Level Managers, don't give a DAMM if your 3 hours away setting up another store, they want you RIGHT THEN...why, because their store looks like crap, because they refused to listen when I TRIED to train and help them while I was there, and they stole hours from the floral depts. to meet impossible expectations....anyways.....it sucked...had "phantom" pager vibrations and bad dreams for years after I left...and I was GOOD at my job........

If your Co. is large enough to have an HR dept. they are not allowed to give any information to a future employer other then if you were fired or if you resigned, you'll have to search your "soul" on what is the right way to end your employment, I suggest contacting someone in HR before you do ANYTHING ! I learned the hard way that the loyalty and sacrifices I made for my Co. meant very little once I said " No" to one of the "Wonder Boys"..which ironically Corporate supported me, lol, at least so they said...too Ruthless of a game for me...I resigned.......Good Luck...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
dp
edit on 26-4-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Yep, did it twice and had a new job the next day both times. When your job makes you that miserable it's not worth it anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes. Countless times. I was a debt collector for about 2.5 years and I hated it... Glad to be done with it.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

Thanks for your concern my friend.
In the past I have been offered to have everything I need taken care of, but for that they wanted me to be someone I know I'm not.
Even without money I KNOW I will still be happy.
I live a very different lifestyle than most.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Had a job like that.

I know the feeling.

Hang in there.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Then you need to find something that's less depressing.The average person spends much of their life at work-and so if you're seriously unhappy there,that's no way to live.
Oh i see you did.Good for you.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Then you need to find something that's less depressing.The average person spends much of their life at work-and so if you're seriously unhappy there,that's no way to live.
Oh i see you did.Good for you.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

Looking around. Hopefully I find something!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I did that once. They had fired a friend of mine with no notice, so one day I left a note saying I was gone and that I was giving the same notice Don got. But the fact is I had another job lined up, so you can say that was cheating, if you want. But.....

my Spousal Unit just "retired." She had planned on doing it in November, but became concerned about the ethics of an assignment. After one conversation she came home to say she was quitting at the end of June. The very next DAY she came home and said, "I'm yours" and never went back to work. She took accrued sick leave for two weeks and officially retired April 15th. Boy did I have to scramble to get our ducks in a row!

They kept pushing her and did not see that she was serious. She got pushed one step too far and said screw it. I'm outta here. I'm proud of her for taking an ethical stand. We'll have to see how the organization gets out of their predicament.

Though I understand what your own spouse is saying, OP. Two weeks is reasonable notice that should not hurt you down the road, I would think he could support you in finding another job. That's part of what a relationship is for. One person gets in trouble (Define trouble any way you want) and the other person helps out. You'd do the same for him, right? Well, it's his turn to step up to the plate.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
and getting ready? Can't take the mental anguish any longer. If it were not for my sig other telling me to hold off until I find something else, I would have said "bye-bye" a long time ago. Have some interest in other companies, hopefully it pans out. I really wonder to what degree the 2 week rule is mandatory? I would never come back...

Anyone else, just say bye-bye one day, and not give a crap?

edit on 26-4-2013 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

I did that. Years ago I worked as a phone rep in an investment firm. I started out taking investor's checks and applying them to each account. I was good. I was fast on the number keys of the computer. And then I was put on answering phones. Problem was I HATE HATE HATE phones. I HATE talking on them.

I did this job for maybe three weeks. I woke up one morning for work and I just could not stand the idea of taking even one more call. I didn't even bother going in. That was it.
edit on 4/26/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yup, I work at a discount retail store. The customers are the worst. The pay sucks, and the hours are short with few breaks.

PS: Can't wait to leave.

edit on 26-4-2013 by rreeves5 because: P.S.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If you really hate your job that much, I would definitely change careers. I used to work as a graphic designer for a large corporation. I loved what I did and time just flew by. The only problem was, it didn't pay the bills.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I really feel for you. When I lived in Memphis I had a management job that I despised. The upper management were all hateful and the staff was just as equally hateful. I lasted there a year and a half and finally had my fill of it. I told them I was quitting and giving my 30 day notice (managers were required to give 30 days notice) and I also told them that they had the most hostile work environment I had ever experienced and that it was affecting my health (which it was!). They paid me out three months if I agreed to sign an agreement that I wouldn't sue. (I wouldn't have anyway, not worth my time or aggravation.). I found a new job three weeks later (in San Francisco) that I still have..and love.

I say, turn in your notice, no job is worth that kind of stress. It will be hard for a little while but you will be very motived to find something else.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I've been retired for a year now, but often have bad dreams about work. Even last night, there I was, back in the Lab, trying to do my job under impossible circumstances and demands. PTSD lite?

PTSD full-on, heh. I still have nightmares about math tests from college and I graduated in 2002.
edit on 4/27/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I use to despise my job and dread each day so much that it gave me really severe anxiety. One day i received some advice that changed my life forever.

Instead of looking at your situation negatively, just accept that you are doing what you do because its exactly the way its suppose to be. You are in this job for a reason and if it wasn't part of the bigger plan you wouldn't be in it full stop. If you can accept your situation and not view it as a slight against you, your job will suddenly become much more bearable, i promise.

I wake up now and stick two fingers up to the universe and say "is that the best you have got"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I dunno about hating waking up in the morning but Ive damn sure hated some jobs.

You know.. come to think of it, its mostly not the job or jobs itself, its that the job makes me interact and deal with complete assholes. Its actually peoples # attitudes and such I get sick of dealing with.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Nephalim because: why does the forum censor the word # and not the word assholes? How odd.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee
Yes, I used to work for Discount Tire at their corporate office.

Nothing is more sickening than an office environment where your performance is based on how many cupcakes you bring to the pot-luck instead of performance or how they utilized your idea and saved thousands of dollars.

Every day I woke up and counted in my head how much personal time I had left and if it would be justified in using more.

Boy you said it - I really HATE such working environments where the more mediocrity, slowness, idiocy, gossip, and pretend "niceness" are rewarded while being interested in the work, efficient, innovative etc makes you a miserable outcast till you are just about ready to kill yourself.

Be wary of any companies that say "we're one big happy family here" because those are the WORST places.

We spend hours & days from our L-I-V-E-S in such unhealthy & unhappy-making environments, really makes you rethink what the hell you're doing with your limited time on earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join