It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dviete latvia Whirlpool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else has seen this crazy natural whirlpool. Still doing some research but here is the link to the video.

rr-bb.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Can't wait to see more info on it. That's crazy powerful.

I didn't think much of it at first...but then it grew in size and strength.
WTH were those guys thinking??? There is no way that they could have been pulled out, it may rip them in half anyway.
Weird.

I wish there was some kind of probe we could but in it...like a camera in a waterproof, shatterproof sphere.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It was posted here:

Sinkhole Formed During A Flood

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I
edit on 26-4-2013 by whatnext21 because: Glitch

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

That would be awesome if we could put something like a camera down it. I don't know how the camera person could be so close I would have been freaking out.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshPhilpot

I know right!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Ooops.... I searched but didn't find any posts on this.. Thanks for letting me know!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scrtsxcgirl

This is most likely the spring flood in the Daugava River. You see the treeline in the background with alot of ice moving in the background. The area where the whirlpool is is most likely a flooded field not usually covered by water. Either the flood is usually this high, but it might as well be that the ice in the river has formed a blockage and this has made the water reach higher than normal.

The whirlpool is indeed impressive. And the power of it suggests that it has a huge underground cavern to fill. Even though it looks small it consumes huge amounts of water every second. So either the pressure is building up or the water or air has to have an outlet. Even though this is a flat farmland area not known for caverns, the ground is sandstone, and sandstone is easily eroded and known to form caverns. Just my 5 cent.

But it would have been cool to see a followup. I dont think a probe would see much because of the murky, but who know? And it would have been fun to see where the water or air comes out. It might be quite spectacular!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akselp

Sounds like a plausable explanation! Thanks for your 5 cents! I will keep following the story and update my thread hopefully we can see more videos of this whirlpool.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Posted on the other thread but shall repeat. This was intentional man made relief to a river that was forming ice damns.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
if the vortex of water drained away after the flood... the Latvians will then see the water went down a ruptured storm drain and out to the sea...

no big mystery
edit on 26-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

Closed.

top topics

join