learn more

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I will be eagerly waiting to hear this news broadcast on the MSM today.

I wonder how it will be spun....

I wonder how long I will be waiting...

Well, considering the story was published 4/26/2012 8:20 pm, I really don't see why MSM would cover it now...

Wish people would check dates before they post

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
This is an old story people. I thought it was over a year old but I may be mistaken. Trust me, I have friends and fam in SLC and used to live there. Funny noone caught this yet.

On page 1mate...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You don't need a gun to stop him....any weapon will do

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think, no, KNOW, a ball bat would be extremely effective. Not as exciting as a gun but much more fun

Have you ever actually been in a fight ?

I have seen people that used a ball bat disarmed by the people they attacked on several occasions. Just to let you know, that wasn't a T.V. show. That was REAL LIFE.

Anyone stupid enough not to choose a weapon that gives them the best edge. Is a person that will just as likely be one of " the victims".
edit on 27-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
To the people suggesting that a baseball bat or another knife would have been just as effective. Either of those options would have resulted in the suspect or yourself being injured. Talking this guy down at gunpoint was far more effective than engaging him with physical contact. There are always going to be stupid people with guns, knives, catapults, cucumbers, no matter what laws you pass, it's up to others to defend themselves and innocents from these stupid people. I recently found this site and enjoy it's content but seeing a moderator act like a toddler who can't have a cookie is a little disconcerting.
edit on 27-4-2013 by BattlePlastic because: self fulfilling gratification

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Why not try to reason with him while he is whittling on you? How about if your a woman or an old person ?
How about if he is expert with a knife ? Are you scared of a gun ?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I hope you let the men deal with your safety like they did during the big war . You should be dealing with something less lethal if guns scare you . Maybe somebody will be able to stop one or two tuffies from carving you up after they attack you . But you might refuse his offer to save you if he had a gun .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by 727Sky

Its a lie, guns dont stop criminals.......they only kill people.......

Lol that sounds like a troll .
It's a good thing that guy was there to stop that maniac someone should punch that knife bro in the neck
edit on 27-4-2013 by Deceasedfantasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
And??

A guy/gal with a knife could have stopped this guy.... someone with a catapult could have or a tazer or many other things.... but no, a magical gun did, and this one incident now proves that guns are amazing and that everyone saying otherwise is an idiot.

Morons...

Someone can use your catapults and tazers to perform criminal acts as well ! or many other things as you would say.

Now , if you were to stand there with a knife and a gun whic would you choose to use to stop the man from killing ?

I will answer it for you :

The gun

Because you need quite a bit of skill to be confident enough to engage a raging person with a knife and even then you are taking a huge risk.

That will be all.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I hope you let the men deal with your safety like they did during the big war .

Hahaha, wait, that was a joke right? If not then you really do not know what you're talking about.

Civilized countries don't need guns, it's not a matter of being scared of them. Personally I like having a much lower chance of being murdered and my country's schools not being shot up.
edit on 28-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You know, it always cracks me up. When someone takes one sentence out of a statement. To defend their opinion.

Bottom line is if you would have been there. You would have done one of 2 things screamed and ran, or just ran.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

You know, it always cracks me up. When someone takes one sentence out of a statement. To defend their opinion.

Bottom line is if you would have been there. You would have done one of 2 things screamed and ran, or just ran.

What? I addressed the whole post but quoted a sentence to emphasise my reply regarding that particular statement, which was completely irrelevant so it had nothing to do with defending my opinion. Did you even read what was said? Read, think, then post.

I don't know what you're talking about, but it's very ignorant to tell someone how they would react in a situation, you know nothing about me. You don't have to be scared in order to oppose civilians owning guns, just sensible and able to see the situation for what it is. I wasn't brought up thinking that it's normal, that's why the rest of the world can see what a state the US is in, while Americans are blindly chanting "USA", talking about their "freedom" and making the situation worse. Shouldn't be my concern really, I should just enjoy the fact that it isn't my problem.
edit on 28-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
blah

i'm in the uk and think i am safer as we are, as unlike yourself i recognise that we are entirely different nations with entirely different cultures..... it's indicative of your blindness and one-eyed agenda that you even need to bring the uk into this.. it's entirely irrelevant and you are utterly misinformed.... the us has a gun culture, we dont - get over it and stop mewling
edit on 28-4-2013 by skalla because: removed unneccessary large quote

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry. I know this will be censored but somebody had to say it... Aw heck, ill censor it for them...

-SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP- YEEEAAAH!!!!!!!!!! Guns would be preventing even MORE crime if MORE people carried GUNS!!!!!

You think a robber or rapist is going to go after a well armed, well trained target? Especially knowing that the next person or people to walk around the corner will have a 90% chance of being armed?

Now most people are not armed so all they can do upon witnessing a crime is to go call the police and wait for them to arrive. Giving the criminal ample time to both complete the crime AND escape.

Now imagine this scenario... "Get the # off of her and get on the ground with your hands over your head before I blow your #in head off!"

Oh my... Regular people acting like police and actually protecting each other??? But... But... That's just insanity! Everybody knows that police are not regular humans! They are special... They uh... Took some classes or something. It would be WAAAAY to hard to teach everyone how to protect themselves and others!

We always hear "dont get involved, let the police handle it"...like they want to pretend that being a cop is a special thing and regular people are not capable of self defense. Real convenient for some people, I might add...

I guess guns are too scary and too complicated for the average person to learn... We can't be trusted to wipe our own friggin ass anymore...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

How many women get shot verses choked to death with their own stockings . You are not safe in the respect you think . If you smoke and drink you are likely to die from those vices . If you drive you are many times more likely of dying in a car accident than being shot . Then those messy abortions takes a lot of lives . Drugs are more likely to take your life legal and illegal by you or another person taking them and their actions killing you . If you live in the UK you have to be worried about some thug beating down your door and beating you to death because you had no weapon to stop him .
Guns will never be taken from those thugs that would harm you , but the good people would not be able to defend themselves or you . Gun violence goes up when people are disarmed . It is known statistics .

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Oh well when you put it like that murdering people is fine, carry on.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You are anti gun but you have not really looked at what the reality of taking guns away from the people will do . And you will not be safer but more than likely that thug will know you can not stop him from doing anything he wants and will do it . The fact that you might be a CCW keeps the thug in his place .

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You are anti gun but you have not really looked at what the reality of taking guns away from the people will do . And you will not be safer but more than likely that thug will know you can not stop him from doing anything he wants and will do it . The fact that you might be a CCW keeps the thug in his place .

Just because I'm anti-gun doesn't mean I think guns should be taken away in the US, I haven't even spoken about it. It won't work, and that isn't a good thing. It's too late for the US, things are going to get worse either way. What I don't like is idiots ranting about their "freedoms" and advocating gun ownership, too blind to see where the problem is. This seems to be most people around here, and from what I've seen most Americans. Probably due to being brought up with that attitude and viewpoint, you see the same thing with religion.

You can post the most uneducated, senseless drivel on here, and if it's pro-gun you'll be drowned in stars. So it's quite pointless talking any sense on the subject, it won't sink in.
edit on 29-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You must be from the UK or some country like it . Americans are pretty smart . Most of the smart people left old the UK to start over in a new land .

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You must be from the UK or some country like it . Americans are pretty smart . Most of the smart people left old the UK to start over in a new land .

That sentence pretty much sums the American stereotype up (that isn't a good thing, I'm pre-empting you misunderstanding), thanks for confirming it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join