It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullt Proof Uniforms for the the kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

OP, It's not a uniform, it is a backpack, And this is old news; this was reported several days after the Sandy Hook shooting.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Teachers who want to conceal carry, and had training would be a nice counter; they are probably your best bet.

Yes, because no teacher has ever done anything to harm a student ever. /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Not going to work very well when a kid comes and takes it for themselves during a time of need.

Guess she'll need a gun to go inside her bulletproof backpack to defend her property.

Or they all hide behind her and it's, "Hey look where all those kids went, and look at that bright, cute I must admit, backpack! Hey who's holding that backpack anyway?"

Or why not be altruistic and have a big target on the back of it? The simple act of taunting the aggressor with your backpack could round up a couple bullets that would otherwise kill several children.

"Thank you to these parents for sacrificing your children's lives in an act of heroism, to save the lives of the rest of the classroom. We will be naming a building after them."

edit on 4/27/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Unless it has a Level III or IV rifle plate it won't stop rifle rounds.

Pretty sad the parents and kids have to come up with their own defense against shooters and the school provides no defense or offense against mentally ill shooters except a little sign that says, "This is a Gun Free Zone."

Glad my kids are homeschooled.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed
[...]

I guess you cannot blame them in view of the Senate's refusal to pass any new gun control legislation.
Yeah, because violent criminals will always follow the law, right? I have an idea! Make it illegal to kill people! That oughta stop 'em!

Some firms are offering training courses for schools in protection from attacks. Nice little earner!

abilasecurity.com...

The right to bear arms is so important for Americans to be American. Sod the kids.

You REALLY think it's about the kids? You and Piers... peas in a pod.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
time to start homeschooling, geez, I wouldn't send my kids anywhere they might "need" that, don't want them to see anything like that, time to friggin move, geez!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, lets assume there were absolutely no guns in America-Just certain cops and military.

Would it have stopped the mass stabbing in Texas 1 month ago? No.
Would it have stopped the Boston Bombings less than 2 weeks ago? No.
Would it have stopped Ted Bundy from murdering 7 dozen women and breaking out of maximum security prison TWICE just to go kill more in the 1970s? No.
Would it have stopped the Texas chainsaw massacre? No.
Would it have stopped the 1927 Bath, Michigan school massacre that killed more kids than Sandy Hook? No.
Would it have stopped the Oklahoma bombings that killed 150+ people? No.

I can keep going..You can regulate all weapons but you can never regulate evil. Once evil people set their minds to do harm then they will find a way just like all these people did.

If Native Americans would of had firearms would they have been able to defend themselves against the genocide that destroyed their culture and killed 100 Million of them and enslaved the rest? Yes.
Would armed citizens been able to have stopped Hitler? Yes.
Did Vietnam win the war because of farmers with AK47s that stood their ground? Yes.
Would armed citizens be able to throw the corrupt government and drug cartels in Mexico? Yes.

Your turn gun grabbers.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Any idiotic parent that thinks a back pack is going to some how deflect or lessen the impact of a bullet should not be allowed to be a parent in the first place. Stupid people will only breed more stupid people. Just look around your local town for the results of this already happening. And why are school/college and University pass marks and entry ranks getting lower and lower across the board ? Because the majority doing the breeding are dumbed down and stupid, if this wasn't the case then the marks and entry ranks would be increasing as we evolved, but if there is any evolution currently taking place, then its clearly backwards evolution. This can NOT be denied !

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
All American kids should carry at least three (3) hand grenades.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The stupidity of this is cosmic in scope.

People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to breed.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The illusion of safety.

I like how the parents that do this do take into account the fact that the kinetic energy transferred from a bullet into a armor of some sort would be enough to knock the kid out cold, possibly kill them.

these kids are going to have a lifetime of back issues for protection from the .0001% chance that they could get shot at school.

This

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I joined just to say this is a #ing retarded idea, and the kinetic energy from a 9mm will not kill or knock out a kid. Maybe a bruise...

And what's the point of protecting against 9mm rounds when chances are the attacked will be using a 223 which will cut through that backpack like butter?

How many people die in school shootings a year? I'm gonna guess very high high and say 50. Given there are 75 million kids in school, that makes your chances of getting shot 1 in 1,500,000. The odds of getting hit by lightning is 10 times higher at 1 in 134,906

edit on 28-4-2013 by sweettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Way to over generalize a situation.

I suppose the only kids to survive is Asia are the ones smuggled out of the government ran kill rooms.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed
pink bulletproof rucksack

Does it have a pink mickey mouse on it?

Maybe pink mickey mouse holding some bloody axes.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic
All American kids should carry at least three (3) hand grenades.

That's irrelevant, because a grenade isn't a defensive weapon, a gun is. You can't stop a grenade with a grenade, but you can stop a gun with a gun.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join