learn more

Fluorescent sheep born in Uruguay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I understand why having this technology could be beneficial beyond imagination.
But, the problem then arises of having this technology in the hands of unethical people.
I think that is what is scary to most of us.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Now that is the debate isn't it?

Some will be okay with Abortions(legal), but not with these type of things(illegal depending on its degree)... and vice versa, so what is ethic? where is the line drawn?

I mean i recently read about harvesting eggs from female fetus.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjsr420
HA! That's awesome. Now we have glow in the dark sheep, makes it WAY easier for night-time predators to spot, no? What's next I wonder?

Definately an unfair advantage for the coyotes

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I guess I'm thinking, in your example, not so much that you can do it (harvest the eggs), but what are you going to do with them.
Like the sheep, although I'm not sure if there is a good reason to have glowing ones, but what if someone somehow combined some predators DNA, then decide to let it go on a killing spree?

I know it's not the best example, but I hope you can understand the meaning behind it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I explored the web site for "Pasteur Institute in Montevideo".
Using several search terms related to glow in the dark sheep, UV sheep, sheep research etc, I was unable to
find any article/paper related to this claim.

I have to call shenanigans.

Just my opinion but it is a neat idea.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

Yes, I searched in both the Pasteur Institute and the IRAUy (the other partner in the research) and found nothing.
however, the news piece about the weird sheep can be found in many media outlets, both in Uruguay and Argentina (where I live) so I assume this is legit and the websites of the two Institutes are outdated (pretty plausible).

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Two ?fictional? books come to mind-"Fear Nothing" and it's sequel "Seize the Night" by Dean Koontz.If you enjoy that,btw,The Taking" by him,has a reaaaly alternate SHTF scenario-thought-provoking,though published as fiction.This guy's sort of a visionary,when it comes to SHTFscenario's,usually on individual but sometimes global level.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Forgot to say,the books are about genetic experiments and experiments devised from theoretical physics hypotheses that went very badly wrong-when i first read it,it seemed only slightly far-fetched-and then you see this type of thing
edit on 26-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Igloos in the dark sheep would work well here in south Africa where crime is a significant problem. They'd be harder to steal at night and a lot easier to ID

Not sure how fluorescent green mutton chops will go down

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Surely I can't be the only one who's thinking of Sheldon's fish nightlights from the Big Bang Theory?!

Very cool though, but is there really any point or was it purely for "fun"?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This is not about need it is about what is possible.

This kind of reminds me about ET disclosure.

Trickle little stuff out like glow in the dark sheep then people won't be so shocked in 10-20 when they start cloning super babies with genius intellegence and super strengh.... and who knows what else.

I think we will see more stupid stuff like this to condition us for what is to come...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join