It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO Predicts Sequester To Cut GDP by .6%: However Good News, GDP Value Now $16 Trillion !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
2013 is not all bad news. According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis the

Current Dollar GDP of the United States jumped up to $16.01 Trillion.

Our U.S. Economy is the envy of the world.

Bureau of Economic Analysis

The CBO predicts that the Sequester Monster will only trim .6% from our GDP.

Not bad. I'll take it.

CBO - Sequester Effects 2013

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
..and in other news, the National Debt still exceeds 100% of adjusted Gross Domestic Product! Yay! (crowd goes wild!) oh... Err.. Wait, that's not a good score to have, is it? errr....

What happened to the sincere talk (or, hey, it sounded sincere?) about reversing or mitigating sequestration? I had a feeling it was just a cheap stunt to pull off DEEP cuts in areas the public and politics would NEVER tolerate outside of such a scheme to say "no one's to blame because everyone is to blame".

What a sight to see when no budget exists in our nation to define anything. It just kinda goes along as it goes. (shelters from the coming storm)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It’s amazing what printing money can do.

Everything looks rosie and perfect, right until there’s 2 minutes left on the clock and hyperinflation kicks in.

Zimbabwe’s stock market was soaring too. Believe it or not, there was billionaire living on the streets starving.
edit on 26-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
..and in other news, the National Debt still exceeds 100% of adjusted Gross Domestic Product! Yay! (crowd goes wild!) oh... Err.. Wait, that's not a good score to have, is it? errr....

What happened to the sincere talk (or, hey, it sounded sincere?) about reversing or mitigating sequestration? I had a feeling it was just a cheap stunt to pull off DEEP cuts in areas the public and politics would NEVER tolerate outside of such a scheme to say "no one's to blame because everyone is to blame".

What a sight to see when no budget exists in our nation to define anything. It just kinda goes along as it goes. (shelters from the coming storm)

The National Debt exceeds the U.S. GDP.

Yes, but does the the Federal Reserve own a large part of that debt?

Hence, the term monetizing the debt. It's an old trick we learned from Great Britain/UK.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
It’s amazing what printing money can do.

Everything looks rosie and perfect, right until there’s 2 minutes left on the clock and hyperinflation kicks in.

Zimbabwe’s stock market was soaring too. Believe it or not, there was billionaire living on the streets starving.

Now would be a bad time to compare the USA to Zimbabwe.

Our Fortune 500 companies are hard to ignore.

Check out the numbers over at Apple, Verizon and Wells Fargo.

Also, the United States has a financially strong Middle Class.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Zimbabwe is only one of many who have gone where Bernanke and the US Treasury Dept are taking us now. Only one of many in recent history to have learned in the most devastating and painful ways that math is a universal language which can't be paraphrased or interpreted to say nice things when it reads very bad outcomes.

10 Worst cases of Hyperinflation in history

There but for the Grace of sheer size, power and world inter-connectivity go we ...and not for much longer, either I fear. Math is one of those things ...It doesn't care about politics or man's best laid plans. The numbers just 'are' and they do what the laws which govern them say they will do ...even if Man can delay the process a surprisingly long time in some cases.

In this case tho? Fate delayed isn't Fate denied ....it's just delayed. (digs the shelter a bit deeper)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Hence, the term monetizing the debt. It's an old trick we learned from Great Britain/UK.

look where that got them, off the sterling as the world reserve currency. Stocks are up, becuase centeral banks admited to buy stocks and or plan on buying stocks. the house is rigged. this cant go on forever and it wont.

Whats going on in the gold and silver markets at the moment are a big indicater of something big is on the Horizon.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Zimbabwe is only one of many who have gone where Bernanke and the US Treasury Dept are taking us now. Only one of many in recent history to have learned in the most devastating and painful ways that math is a universal language which can't be paraphrased or interpreted to say nice things when it reads very bad outcomes.

There but for the Grace of sheer size, power and world inter-connectivity go we ...and not for much longer, either I fear. Math is one of those things ...It doesn't care about politics or man's best laid plans. The numbers just 'are' and they do what the laws which govern them say they will do ...even if Man can delay the process a surprisingly long time in some cases.

In this case tho? Fate delayed isn't Fate denied ....it's just delayed. (digs the shelter a bit deeper)

Our future is bright.

Evidence: Will the USA keep its AAA rating during 2013?

Answer: Yes

The Obama Administration (reluctantly) put the Sequestration into effect. That act

essentially froze spending of the U.S. Government to 2012 levels.

At the same time, the USA income ( In Come -vs- Out Go) is projected by the CBO

to be $2.7 Trillion.

That is why our National Deficit will fall well below $1 Trillion in 2013.

Look at the Big Picture.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

look where that got them, off the sterling as the world reserve currency. Stocks are up, becuase centeral banks admited to buy stocks and or plan on buying stocks. the house is rigged. this cant go on forever and it wont.

Whats going on in the gold and silver markets at the moment are a big indicater of something big is on the Horizon.

The people of Great Britain/UK are thanking their lucky stars that they did NOT join

the Euro.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Our future is bright.

The Obama Administration (reluctantly) put the Sequestration into effect. That act

to be $2.7 Trillion.

Look at the Big Picture.

big picture. US debt at 16.8 trillion dollars. Intrest on debt is 350 billion a year and interest rates are at historic lows. (1.5-2%) The Average historic rate is 6%. If rates rise up to 6%, your looking at 1.050 trillion dollars interest payments yearly. That high of a interest rate will defalt the country. This is called math.

Rates will never rise that high again. The Federal Reserve will not allow it. To keep the rates down, they will print money and buy US bonds to make a artificial demand.(this lowers rates) The end of the road is fast aproching.

you still think things are rosie?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I didn't realize S&P had raised the US rating BACK to AAA? I suppose I'd love to hear their reasoning for how fundamentals behind the rating have improved since 2011. After all, they aren't rating on the public numbers and stats the media carry for general consumption. They generally base it on the nuts and bolts behind all that and which underpin those numbers.

S&P downgrades U.S. credit rating for first time

Something more recent was last September (before the current 24/7 endless crisis mode of living in the U.S.? It wasn't that long ago at all)

Wonkbook: U.S. threatened with another credit downgrade

We can make the turds look like gold nuggets for appearance sake ...but the math still sits there like a timebomb with no way to defuse. Compound interest alone has the nation in a hole it can never exit at this stage ...with interest due on debt (after creative playing with the numbers to make it look smaller) coming to over a half trillion dollars by 2017. It's over 1/4 trillion due per year at the present time. Those interest obligations on debt that is, itself, growing by well over 1 trillion a year ...would sure go a long way to offsetting some of these painful cuts, wouldn't they?

@Camaro

Believe it or not.. I was typing mine and looking stuff up while you typed yours. Concerned minds think alike, eh?
edit on 26-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Our future is bright.

to be $2.7 Trillion.

Look at the Big Picture.

big picture. US debt at 16.8 trillion dollars. Intrest on debt is 350 billion a year and interest rates are at historic lows. (1.5-2%) The Average historic rate is 6%. If rates rise up to 6%, your looking at 1.050 trillion dollars interest payments yearly. That high of a interest rate will defalt the country. This is called math.

Rates will never rise that high again. The Federal Reserve will not allow it. To keep the rates down, they will print money and buy US bonds to make a artificial demand.(this lowers rates) The end of the road is fast aproching.

you still think things are rosie?

Yes, as a matter of fact, things ARE rosy.

You're just being a Mr. Crankypants today.

What if i were to tell you that the USA GDP will hit $25 Trillion in 8 years?

Do you think that is possible or impossible?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I didn't realize S&P had raised the US rating BACK to AAA? I suppose I'd love to hear their reasoning for how fundamentals behind the rating have improved since 2011. After all, they aren't rating on the public numbers and stats the media carry for general consumption. They generally base it on the nuts and bolts behind all that and which underpin those numbers.

Something more recent was last September (before the current 24/7 endless crisis mode of living in the U.S.? It wasn't that long ago at all)

We can make the turds look like gold nuggets for appearance sake ...but the math still sits there like a timebomb with no way to defuse. Compound interest alone has the nation in a hole it can never exit at this stage ...with interest due on debt (after creative playing with the numbers to make it look smaller) coming to over a half trillion dollars by 2017. It's over 1/4 trillion due per year at the present time. Those interest obligations on debt that is, itself, growing by well over 1 trillion a year ...would sure go a long way to offsetting some of these painful cuts, wouldn't they?

@Camaro

Believe it or not.. I was typing mine and looking stuff up while you typed yours. Concerned minds think alike, eh?

Moodys will keep us at AAA.

Soon S&P will upgrade us to AAA. Our future is bright.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

@Camaro

on what ground will they upgrade us? where are you coming up with this stuff?

Food stamps at record high, 1 in 5 americans, thats a bright future?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

@Camaro

on what ground will they upgrade us? where are you coming up with this stuff?

Food stamps at record high, 1 in 5 americans, thats a bright future?

All you have to do is open your eyes.

In Come to the U.S. Government will climb to about $2.7 Trillion this year.

Out Go / Spending will remain frozen at 2012 levels due to the Sequester Monster.

Ripple Effect: The U.S. National Deficit is falling fast.

You can watch it fall yourself......right now.

Go to www.usdebtclock.org

Focus on U.S. Federal Budget Deficit number. It is getting.....smaller.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Are you counting the Operation Twist/QE-3 total of 85 Billion a month being added by the Fed? That's over a trillion a year that isn't being counted that I've seen much in the media. Not for the annual effect. Bernanke has made clear it will run into the long term future but it's seemingly ignored on the debt figure as if it could end any month now and be a short term fluke.

It strikes me as odd that I haven't heard this before and just assumed Bernanke was, at least, a big time banker or something but Bloomberg mentions his background as something quite different than I'd have imagined .....given the position he holds so critical to the nuts and bolts working of the US and world economies.

“As we make progress toward our objective, we may adjust the flow rate of purchases from month to month to appropriately calibrate the amount of accommodation,” Bernanke, a former Princeton University professor, said. “We think it makes more sense to have our policy variable, which is the rate of flow of purchases respond in a more continuous or sensitive way to changes in the outlook.”
(Source: Fed Maintains $85 Billion Pace of Monthly Asset Purchases)

The overall report, broken down by points of economic interest, isn't a particularly pretty one much of anywhere ...and these guys look at this for a living.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by TauCetixeta

Are you counting the Operation Twist/QE-3 total of 85 Billion a month being added by the Fed? That's over a trillion a year that isn't being counted that I've seen much in the media. Not for the annual effect. Bernanke has made clear it will run into the long term future but it's seemingly ignored on the debt figure as if it could end any month now and be a short term fluke.

It strikes me as odd that I haven't heard this before and just assumed Bernanke was, at least, a big time banker or something but Bloomberg mentions his background as something quite different than I'd have imagined .....given the position he holds so critical to the nuts and bolts working of the US and world economies.

“As we make progress toward our objective, we may adjust the flow rate of purchases from month to month to appropriately calibrate the amount of accommodation,” Bernanke, a former Princeton University professor, said. “We think it makes more sense to have our policy variable, which is the rate of flow of purchases respond in a more continuous or sensitive way to changes in the outlook.”
(Source: Fed Maintains $85 Billion Pace of Monthly Asset Purchases)

The overall report, broken down by points of economic interest, isn't a particularly pretty one much of anywhere ...and these guys look at this for a living.

You need to add QE-1 , QE2 and QE infinity.

Our future is bright because the U.S.Federal Budget Deficit number is getting smaller.

Go to www.usdebtclock.org... and see it for yourself. It works best with FireFox Browser.

I can tell you that Moodys is looking at that number right now.

The United States is an economic superpower.

edit on 26-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You do know that gold and silver just crashed, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

You do know that gold and silver just crashed, right?

All commodities crashed but Gold is now stable.

top topics

join