It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungie Destiny

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I've never understood the love for halo.
I got halo 3 with my 360, sure it was fun, but it's technologically a bad game.
Enemies don't even react to being shot, it's no better than doom 3 .

As I said I enjoyed it for what it was but it never made me want to delve deeper into the follow ons.

Gameplay for halo has always been stiff and rigid.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I've never understood the love for halo.
I got halo 3 with my 360, sure it was fun, but it's technologically a bad game.
Enemies don't even react to being shot, it's no better than doom 3 .

As I said I enjoyed it for what it was but it never made me want to delve deeper into the follow ons.

Gameplay for halo has always been stiff and rigid.

Halo 3 was the weakest for me. Halo and Halo 4 are my faves.

Thanks for the intriguing comment, Chuckles.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

That's because you play as cyborgs, like duh! Plus they have a shield on so the bullets dont even penetrate the shields and so they don't react or leak out red fluid like meat creatures do, but when your shields are down and you get hit. Well your dead! about as dead as a cyborg can get, what do you want them to do leak out green fluid and go into a "why me emote motion" Which by the way that would be hilarious if every time you get killed you do a "oh noz! why me...farewell cruel world emote" Maybe they can install that in the next halo series.

But halo is all about cyborg space marines shooting the funk out of everybody you see online slapstick gunfraptik crazyness, I think I only played the campaign mode on the 1st, 2nd and 4th halo games, other then that pretty much these type of games from halo to the gow to the call of duty series I get the game and then I am online shooting people, I rarely touch the campaign in any of them. Which is why I never beat doom 3, I think its gotten to the point and its the same for many people, that if it does not have a competitive online mode then we don't even touch the game. Which just reminds me one of these days I need to beat doom 3. Which I probably never will, alas! the tragedy.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I am talking about the enemies which are alien meat sacks with armour.
I liked the online play with teams and stuff, getting in warthogs and blowin the crap outta people was good.
I probably played it for a year, just I was never impressed with campaign so much.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
New destiny trailer I came across, definitely has the whole star wars or KOTOR/HALO feel to it.

The law of the jungle.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Chukkles

That's because you play as cyborgs, like duh! Plus they have a shield on so the bullets dont even penetrate the shields and so they don't react or leak out red fluid like meat creatures do, but when your shields are down and you get hit. Well your dead! about as dead as a cyborg can get, what do you want them to do leak out green fluid and go into a "why me emote motion" Which by the way that would be hilarious if every time you get killed you do a "oh noz! why me...farewell cruel world emote" Maybe they can install that in the next halo series.

But halo is all about cyborg space marines shooting the funk out of everybody you see online slapstick gunfraptik crazyness, I think I only played the campaign mode on the 1st, 2nd and 4th halo games, other then that pretty much these type of games from halo to the gow to the call of duty series I get the game and then I am online shooting people, I rarely touch the campaign in any of them. Which is why I never beat doom 3, I think its gotten to the point and its the samue for many people, that if it does not have a competitive online mode then we don't even touch the game. Which just reminds me one of these days I need to beat doom 3. Which I probably never will, alas! the tragedy.

Well....for starters their not "cyborg space marines". They have been genetically enhance since childhood, their is nothing cybernetic about them. They are not marines, they are Spartans. In the halo universe you have your Marines - your basic infantry human soldiers an SPC units...then ODSTs - Orbital Drop Shock Troops, their your elite human soldiers...then ONI - office of naval intelligence, think CIA in space and of course the cannon, Spartans - Genetically enhanced SuperSoldiers, bred from childhood, 10 yrs in the making.
And as for the campaign, depends on the difficulty, I always start off on heroic then legendary then legendary again with all the skulls activated.
Sorry for the corrections bruh, I'm just a mad halo fanboy, I've play every halo game an its campaign multiple times and I DOMINATE online. I just have a feel for it. If you guys are worried about the enemy NOT REACTING, play it on the hardest difficulty with all skulls activated an lets see what happens

The Covies are no joke...neither are promethians either....
As far as gameply, Halo's core engine is a great one, nothing rigid about it, had that been the case, it never would have made it past game one.
Doom3 is a terrible comparison to halo, its practicaly an insult!!
Lol, its all good tho, I forgive you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yes, fell in love with that trailer, gonna be a busy year!!!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That trailer made me ridiculously happy. I literally squealed. Anything that references Jungle Book and has Gus Fring doing the narration gives me an instant girlboner anyway. I literally can't wait for this game.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
New trailers of Destiny from E3 if anybody did not catch them, even some actual gameplay demonstration of the game which for a mmo/shooter/fps is looking not half bad. I cant really think of any game that pulled off that whole combination with any large success, but Bungie and Destiny may be able to pull it off.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

First video was great. Second was great, too, but that banter was painful to listen to.

Still looking forward to the game.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

Oh ya there banter sounded so staged that it was hard to listen to. That and in the demo they were playing, it just seemed to easy, they were walking around in the open and getting jumped by baddies all without a scratch. But you know! It was all just a show, to show there new gadgets. The game definitely does have a lot of the whole Halo feel to it, even down to the rifle the main guy was using in the beginning of the demonstration. First thought that came to my head was " oh ya definitely looks like something from halo" Most times you have the master chief being drooped off in locales like that, in the beginning of pretty much all the halo games and then it cue to a short cinematic of him holding his rifle and his surroundings.

But the game is looking pretty good, time will tell.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hey, well the game IS online specific, how 'bout we all team up when it comes out an decimate?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just saw the Halo 5 teaser trailer. I got nerd chills.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadarOReilly
Just saw the Halo 5 teaser trailer. I got nerd chills.

DUDE! I seriously was going to mention that on here, but you beat me to it! a friend told me she saw it and freaked and I was like, No way...I would have heard about it...well later on that day, I was on YouTube, staring silently at my LED screen....after watching 3 times, I still sat in stunned silence....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Im all for it when the Destiny game comes out, but its still a ways away and so till then.

Saw the Halo 5 trailer to, they did not really show anything, and to tell the truth unless they do something different it wont be something that would make me get the new X-Box one just for it. I still dig the Halo games, but they really need to implement some new mechanics because as of right now I just want to see how the whole story comes to a conclusion much more so then play the games. Especially since I have played them to death, and if they dont really do something new, I likely wont be bothering with it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
9 September 2014 - can't come soon enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Playing the beta for last two days. So. Amazing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I missed the beta on this game, in fact I completely forgot about this game till today when I was watching videos from gamescom 2014 going on this week and came across a few destiny vids. Now seeing the game is weeks away, I got to say its looking good and its got the online competitive gameplay aspect down, "clash" and "combined arms" looks like it could get crazy what with all the jedi tricks you can do, and the different weapons, add in vehicles to the combat and its likely to get messy.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

PvE was/is great. PvP needs work. I have faith in Bungie though. Between this, Halo MC and Halo 5 it's going to be a great gaming future for this girl.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My hubby got the Ghost edition for his PS4 and I got the Digital Guardian edition for my Xbox One. The nerd is strong in our home. Can't wait until Tuesday.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join