It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungie Destiny

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Couldn't find a thread here for Destiny. I've been a total Halo whore for years and I'm really excited to see where Bungie goes with this new franchise. I love the design and every thing I've read about it to date. My body is ready.

Destiny - Reveal trailer

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Was never into Halo, but what I've seen of this game actually looks promising.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

Not a Halo whore, but been playing halo since the first came out, I played the multilayer a hell of a lot in the first and second games, that by the time the 3rd and 4th came out I pretty much did it all to death.

So I have been looking forward for this game ever since I heard it was in development. It looks like Bungie is going strong and pulling out all the stops for this game, so much so that they gave the rains to another company for the whole HALO franchise so that they can focus on this game, and is looking to not only take back there whole halo fans/market with this game but to take the whole online rpgs like KOTOR's market/fans as well.

So ya there op, strangely seductive picturization and contrite incentive verbiage not needed, the game does stand out by itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Not a Halo whore, but been playing halo since the first came out, I played the multilayer a hell of a lot in the first and second games, that by the time the 3rd and 4th came out I pretty much did it all to death.

So I have been looking forward for this game ever since I heard it was in development. It looks like Bungie is going strong and pulling out all the stops for this game, so much so that they gave the rains to another company for the whole HALO franchise so that they can focus on this game, and is looking to not only take back there whole halo fans/market with this game but to take the whole online rpgs like KOTOR's market/fans as well.

So ya there op, strangely seductive picturization and contrite incentive verbiage not needed, the game does stand out by itself.

I've played each game. Halo and Halo 4 are my favorites (same with my husband). I think 343 Industries did a fine job with the franchise, but Bungie gave it life. As such I think Destiny will be amazing and immersive in ways we haven't experienced yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Lol, Ummm yea, Mad self proclaimed Halo God myself.
I think bungies idea for a MMORPG FPS looks promising. I saw a trailer for it for the PS4...yea it was kinds weird seeing bungie on a playstation platform, kinda makes me cringe, but from what I have seen, it looks great, it kinda reminds me of the movie, Oblivion with some Too Human in it, but a billion times excellent.
Should be GREAT, why? Bungie in my opinion has mastered the FPS genre with there calculated gameplay. A must have for whichever console you get.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Lol, Ummm yea, Mad self proclaimed Halo God myself.
I think bungies idea for a MMORPG FPS looks promising. I saw a trailer for it for the PS4...yea it was kinds weird seeing bungie on a playstation platform, kinda makes me cringe, but from what I have seen, it looks great, it kinda reminds me of the movie, Oblivion with some Too Human in it, but a billion times excellent.
Should be GREAT, why? Bungie in my opinion has mastered the FPS genre with there calculated gameplay. A must have for whichever console you get.

Well said.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

i have guildwars 2 its not bad. Im in that mayhem below

edit on 28-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I've played each game. Halo and Halo 4 are my favorites (same with my husband). I think 343 Industries did a fine job with the franchise, but Bungie gave it life.

Halo and Halo 2 were the ones I played the most, I dont really have a favorite. You dont see many female gamers even in halo, though its pretty dam popular, and when you do see them. Well I have a bad habit of shooting them, but you know its all part of the game.
Halo 4 was a good game, and 343 did a good job, even left us on a cliff with the whole ending there. You know...OH noz, we get to see who is behind the helmet finally, who is mater chief and what does he look like?....And....Then....The End. I think they will be the ones to do Halo 5 as well, no complains from me because they did a really great job with it, even though I hate when they do that and leave you hanging.

But I think it looks like bungie is out of the halo franchise for good, which in itself is a good thing as they can put all there resources behind Destiny, ultimately its probably the best move and will make for a better game especially if they hope to deliver on the scope that they promised that this game is going to be, that and there not the only ones who will be doing a game like this, but like they say competition is a good thing. It will keep them from being to repetitive.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Yes of course bungies is done with the halo francise, they gave birth to it in a rocking up bringing, alot of people did'nt know that halo was to be released on an Apple MAC in the very beginning, then PC and of course ultimately porting the game to Xbox. They have done an impressive job with the series, with Halo: Reach being there farwell to it, kinda sad, but not too upset, 343 are the little brothers of bungie, they were the underlings if the halo gods, don't forget, 343 had their hands in the development of the previous halo games, so its no surprise that bungie would entrust 343 over anybody else, trust me, only 343 will be continuing the rest of the games. When a game is sooo well made like halo, it literally got people buying a $500 system for just ONE GAME, thats ultra platinum for you, I suspect that "Destiny" will do the same, but now its multi-console, so even better, its a good day to be a bungie employee, MONEY BAGS come to mind, especially wity microsoft an sony throwing their full financial support behind them.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Every time I look at the game design on this it makes me weak. Will be interesting to see the info on the 21st of this month for the new Xbox. I keep wondering if they might use Destiny as the main demo.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Interesting, Bungie is going multiplatform. i mean it only make sense. More players, more money.

The Destiny, looks nice. Open world.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

True that, what i'm curious about is if 343 will release the next halo on the new platform or the current one.
In one of the Destiny screenshots, there is some Halo looking armour going on there, though I wondered if that was an art programming tactic to lure those fand who are already familiar with the series, I know when I play dead or alive 4, I busted my ass playing that game all day an night just to unlock the spartan feature they had in it...the payoff was AWESOME. I hope we see the same in Destiny.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's a game that interests me because it is being made by Bungie, the same people who created the beloved Halo franchise. What I think will be interesting is how this game will work between platforms if it is an MMO. Will Xbox 360 owners only be able to play with other 360 owners or will it work across all platforms for the MMO aspect. Overall it is a game that I am interested in a little bit but I am not going absolutely nuts over it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by camarosquid

Going cross platform will not happen, I know it sucks, but its all about the achitecture an xbox is way different than sony. Would be nice though.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sort of on topic, but jeez Louise, if you haven't seen Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn go watch it! It's on Netflix. Hubby and I watched it last night. So fun. Not sure why we've not seen it until just now.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadarOReilly
Sort of on topic, but jeez Louise, if you haven't seen Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn go watch it! It's on Netflix. Hubby and I watched it last night. So fun. Not sure why we've not seen it until just now.

Yea I caught that on XLive, it was pretty straight, but the videos were soooo short! It was agonizing having to wait a whole week for that one episode, wifey was'nt into it tho, "why are you watching that? That looks dumb".
Eh, I GOT MY SPARTEN FIX!! lol
If you like that, there was a special "discovery channel" did for Halo 3, it was pretty tight.
Now that I think about it, Bungie was notorious for some very awesome live action trailers, spawning live action shorts like forwars unto dawn an that Halo special by discovery channel.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadarOReilly

Yea I caught that on XLive, it was pretty straight, but the videos were soooo short! It was agonizing having to wait a whole week for that one episode, wifey was'nt into it tho, "why are you watching that? That looks dumb".
Eh, I GOT MY SPARTEN FIX!! lol
If you like that, there was a special "discovery channel" did for Halo 3, it was pretty tight.
Now that I think about it, Bungie was notorious for some very awesome live action trailers, spawning live action shorts like forwars unto dawn an that Halo special by discovery channel.

They combined all the short videos plus additional footage into one 1.5 hr movie.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So I was checking out some more info on Destiny, they got some new images out btw. Here is the link.
www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So I was checking out some more info on Destiny, they got some new images out btw. Here is the link.
www.examiner.com...

That first pic is hot. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Fo sho, np
Here's my thing, its gonna be released on the new gen systems AND the Current gen systems, so I know for a fact that all my bro's can't get their hands on the new systems later this year, I was gonna reserve mine here in hawaii, but I'm PCSing to Ft.Hood in TX in like 4 months, I just hope that I can still get my name on a reserve list.I don't wanna have to order it online either, a buddy did that and he did'nt get his box till a month later, to hell with that.
Best buy does'nt do reserves...far as I know, but Ill camp out if I have to an miss first formation, it'll be soooo worth it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join