It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Jones passes away at 81

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
News story

George Jones, the peerless, hard-living country singer who recorded dozens of hits about good times and regrets and peaked with the heartbreaking classic "He Stopped Loving Her Today," has died. He was 81. Jones died Friday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville after being hospitalized with fever and irregular blood pressure, according to his publicist Kirt Webster.

Incredible loss. So many great songs and an incredible voice.

His last show was coming up in a few months. Just like him, to not show up. He'll be missed by many.

Post up your favorite George Jones songs.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Aww thats sad RIP George Jones

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oh wow how sad. A true country legend, rest in peace George Jones. I have many favorite George Jones songs, but this one seems appropriate for today.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I guess he stopped loving her today. RIP George.

m.youtube.com...

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
RIP George

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
At age 81, he did alright, I'd say.

I remember growing up in the southern US, and seeing him on TV and thinking "Man, that's the oldest dude in the world, still touring, making new music, etc..... and he don't NEED no rockin' chair!"

And that was like 15 years ago!

My respects, to a true legend.

Just wow:

edit on 26-4-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
R.I.P. Mr.Jones. He had an impact on Country music, for a long, long time. Condolences to his loved ones.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Its not very often that a country music artist comes on the scene that makes you want to pour your heart out. There aren't many country music stars that'll rip and tear your heart out when they sing. Not many of them will give their heart and soul to get to fans like me or you. Then there was George Jones.

Country music lost one of its greatest yesterday.

RIP 'Possum

new topics

top topics

join