It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House smells of PIG POO!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Did you take those? If so wow I aspire to do that!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I bet that pig poo smell just added the right amount of that piquant quality those sausages needed as far as the hounds were concerned...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus --- You are so lucky!
Thanks for all the beautiful, mouth-watering scenery --- What a tease!
I have experienced the same as you...!
For me...it would take a full three days away from the manure-covered fields...to get the stench out of my nostrils. Two days was not enough.
Good luck living in such...uhhhhh...beauty.
(Oh - by the by - I could swear that I've eaten produce derived from such methods...and could taste the swine manure IN IT. ------ could be wrong...but, I thought I was right.)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The OP reminds me of this Inuit story/poem:

THE GREAT FARTER

The Great Farter, like they say

because they couldn't get a

meat-cache open,

was called to fart at it.

The Great Farter answered:

if I farted on it, the meat

no longer would be good to eat!

But when they kept on asking him to fart

he let off a tremendous fart

& their blubber bags which they

had hammered with a stone

but notwithstanding

no one could get loose -

I tell you now they burst!

And being burst loose on the ground

so could be used as food -

but now they had a wicked smell

& were simply thrown away.

Not even the dogs would eat them

owing to the smell of fart.

[adapted from Shaking the Pumpkin; Traditional Poetry of the Indian North Americas edited by Jerome Rothenburg

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
WOW you live in France!! I am highly in love with France, most call it an obsession.
It started when i was a kid and some 30yrs later I'd still love to pack up and live there...oh only in my dreams!

Your place is amazing! I would absolutely love a place like that in the middle of France. I found this little place called Nievre and I fell in love. It all started with a Chateaux I found online yrs ago.

Your op made me chuckle though! I can only imagine how horrible that had to be. It sounds like a scene from a movie lol

So is this something you will have to deal with often? The poo smell?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A fine example of an exquisite description of something no one cares about for any reason

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ahhh, the joys of country living. I have never experienced it France but I have in Canada and New England. That pig poo is some powerful stuff; in Maine it was accompanied by at least a billion flies. It didn't matter how tight the doors and windows were shut, in an old farmhouse there is always a way for the flies and smell to get in.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Beautiful - Lancashire ?
Did you use filters ? Did you change the hue / light with photoshop ?
I would love to know
Helen

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Hi Helen. No i did not use filters. I did use photoshop cs4. These are a few years old. I have a flickr account which i used to post to regular. I was really into photography but the last few years i got stopped in my tracks due to lets say personal issues. But i intend to get back into it once im back on my feet. Hue and saturation (by using curves) and some sharpening. Also i use layers. And a program called photomatix which merges 3 different exposed pictures together. And getting out when conditions are perfect is a must!....that area is Rivington

edit on 26-4-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
And I should care about this crap, why?

He was just sharing a slice of life - what's your problem?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

ok cool - i am going to start using real film - black and white in an old SLR.
i will see how i go. i love photos

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You are LUCKY!

All french agriculteurs and viniculters need a serious slap when it comes to earning respect from those who live near their land.

Be thankfull it is only organics that were churned around. I've had awful smelling weedkiller sprayed round here recently, I swear it is something illegal but they just don't care about anything but profit.

Wouldn't be so bad but the majority of crops here go for biodiesel and the grapes are for rich persons Cognac.

Love France, spoilt only by the French.

Originally posted by johncarter
And I should care about this crap, why?

Because without it you would have nothing to focus your sadness on to make you feel better perhaps. Felt the need to post something pointless didn't you?
edit on 26/4/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Black and white film is great!. I love it!. Also easy to do infra red photography with an old SLR.....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
former owner of the property was miss piggy?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

How do you do that ? We need a photography thread !!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In a few days you won't notice the smell you will get used to it. Until then keep the windows shut and the incense or scented candles lit. Your Wisteria is looking good nothing beats living in the country.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
show off

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I really feel for you. In my area, I think there is a conspiracy that all schools must be built near a farm, so I'm well aware just how bad it can smell. At least I got to go home in the afternoon, I'd hate having no escape from that odor.
Chicken poo can be just as bad.

PS. If you have issues with birds stealing your cherries before you can get them(I don't know if you have this problem, but I always did) try getting a plastic owl near the tree and/or hanging reflective things from the branches.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thank you Rodinus - I came back to my reality after reading your post. Felt like I was on a holiday for a second. Packing my bags... see you in a few hours. The three legged cat has dibs on my bed tonight!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A wonderful place, Rod. And the big W looks pruned to maximize the coloration.
A very old friend once said at a late lunch, "Let there be no waste."...
Evidently taken literally by your neighbor. Hooo . I matured most of my olefactory
passages downwind only a mile from a huge tree nursery; and we got the swine
pall three times a year. It was thick enough by Labor Day to keep the crows away.
So jealous.. and a couple of crocks of chemically simmering kijafa even after the
jars are canned and pies are made. *sigh*. My mom's sister called it Minnesota
moonshine LOL.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join