It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea to pull out citizens from joint industrial zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As seen here www.cnn.com...

This is troubling.

It seems like a final gesture of Seoul saying they will not back down and getting people out of harms way now.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I think you are a little late on this.

I think they pulled those people out about 2-3 weeks ago.

Though I do see in your link that CNN just Updated the story today.

Do a search and you will find it here on ATS.

edit on 26-4-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Not the remaining 200 that were there.

This just developed overnight.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Just HOW are they going to get them out? Therein lies the difficulty. Even more difficult, how to do it without it being declared an act of war? This could certainly be the spark that ignites this powder keg.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hell, I thought it was already a done deal.

Talk about Procrastinators.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Just HOW are they going to get them out? Therein lies the difficulty. Even more difficult, how to do it without it being declared an act of war? This could certainly be the spark that ignites this powder keg.

Exactly.

Out of all the bolstering that has been going on, this is the action I am concerned with.

It has been widely thought that if the complex fails and SK pulls completely out, it could be precursor to bad times ahead.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I believe at this point that IF anyone Farts N. Korea will construe it an "Act Of War".
It has been pretty calm over there the last 2 weeks.
(Not much on the news about it).
I expect now that the Media is done reporting the bulk of The Boston Tragedy, they will turn their cameras to N. Korea.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
North Korea painted itself into a corner. No one is budging, could cause them to throw a temper-tantrum.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Erm, I think the workers will just drive out on their own. The North has already said they're free to leave, and has even offered to guarantee their safety. I don't think for one second this will be any kind of military operation - they'll just leave like all the others did a few weeks back.

Having said that...

The North might well try and stall the process in some way, just to cause a rumpus. They like to do that. The South is also worried that once all their people have left, the North will claim the zone as their own - something the South has said it won't stand for.

new topics

top topics

join