It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Awww. Man raises grizzly cub and invites it to his wedding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
These pics just made my day.

The one where he is sat at the dinner table just made me
I have enough trouble keeping my kitties away from my food let alone a grizzly!

I haven't done anything to verify the veracity of the story as I dont want to spoil it for myself

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Cool story that he saved one cub. However, that bear is one predatory instinct away from mauling everyone at Thanksgiving.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The new Grizzly Adams!!! I loved that show!

Thanks for sharing such a nice story! I not sure I would let it around any children ever, but as an adult, it's his choice.

I wonder if he has been hassled by authorities for raising it?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
that's really totally beautiful, the pics quite made my day as well

i want a bear besty to high five too!!!
edit on 26-4-2013 by skalla because: sigh, typo

edit on 26-4-2013 by skalla because: we all had our day made by this, bear high fives all round!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wow, hot wife!

Seriously though, how does the bear move around in the house without simply destroying everything? Touching story though...just hope the bear never exhibits the wild side.... Still a wild animal...and you never know what may trigger something.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's good that he raised the bear but he really should have stopped communicating with it whenever it reached adulthood. It doesn't matter if you raise a wild animal, it's still wild. They still abide by their natural instincts and like someone up above said, it's just one predatory instinct away from mauling everyone at Thanksgiving. Keeping a wild animal especially one of that size and stature with a strong jaw, huge fangs, and claws is a dangerous game to play.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Although I think its true that a wild animal is wild no matter how it grows up, and should be respected as such, this is not the same as raising a cheetah or a leopard cub. Both of those will gain adult hood, and pretty much immediately eat the heck out of anything they can get thier fangs into.

A bear however is not quite as imprinted with violence from birth, as a big cat baby can be. They have to learn from thier parents how to be viscious, how to do damage. If anything the danger this bear poses, having been bought up by a person, is if it accidentally crushes someone in a hug, or carelessly shoulder checks someone down some stairs.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For me the possibility of someday being killed by my furry friend would more than be made up for by Having a bear swimming in my pool!

He's in a hot tub with a bear drinking a beer for gods sake!! How much better can life get

edit on 26/4/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
For me the possibility of someday being killed by my furry friend would more than be made up for by Having a bear swimming in my pool!

He's in a hot tub with a bear drinking a beer for gods sake!! How much better can life get

edit on 26/4/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Possibly, but I'd want to be able to ride it like a horse for a while too.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
maaaan, you could ride the bear to the store to get the beers in, and then enjoy them in the tub together while high-five-ing the total awesomeness of your life. it's enough to make me weep mighty man-tears.

ftw

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yep, if anyone ever questions him being a manly man, all he has to do is whip out that photo...nuff said...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

With all the messed up stuff going on in the world these days, it's these kind of stories that give a little light in a dark world.

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This would make a great meme....

"Tell me again how badass you are..."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Although I think its true that a wild animal is wild no matter how it grows up, and should be respected as such, this is not the same as raising a cheetah or a leopard cub. Both of those will gain adult hood, and pretty much immediately eat the heck out of anything they can get thier fangs into.

A bear however is not quite as imprinted with violence from birth, as a big cat baby can be. They have to learn from thier parents how to be viscious, how to do damage. If anything the danger this bear poses, having been bought up by a person, is if it accidentally crushes someone in a hug, or carelessly shoulder checks someone down some stairs.

That was my thought as well.
Good thing it is not a tiger!
He might get away with a grizzly as a best friend.
He's just a really big guy who doesn't know his own power and craves salmon and berries.
The ultimate tree hugger!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Great meme would be...

"Who needs a guard dog? I got a guard bear!"

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Awesome! But yeah that bear at the table lol

one of fox's when animals attacks away
edit on 19-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

"I've got a bear in my hot tub, your argument is invalid!"

"I said get me another BEER...not another BEAR"

edit on 19-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join