It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle For Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You came into the world a young, innocent being free of conditioning. With open eyes and curious ears you took in a plethora of information that was new and intriguing. You couldn't relate your experiences to the past and every thought and action seemed like a new adventure. It was the simple things that most piqued your curiosity and sense of wonder; the sound of the water running in the tub, the big people giving you things that made your stomach happy, the magic box that had moving images and sound.

You were free of ideological indoctrination, religious belief and societal expectations. Your mind was an open canvas on which you could paint the most free-flowing and vivid colours. Your imagination was your most powerful asset; there were truly no rules or boundaries to restrict anything and everything you could create. Physical things were merely ways to separate all that which you could comprehend.

However, things began to change. You were introduced to nursery rhymes, fables and stories. You were told how one ought to think and act and what was considered "right" and "wrong". You were instructed to go to school where you would learn language and arithmetic, followed by more complex studies such as science, history and geography. All of these subjects were taught in a rigid, uncompromising manner.

You were forced to attend an organised religious institution where a single view of morality was shoved down your throat. The preacher's words were very black-and-white and there was no room for personal opinion. Either you agreed with what you were shown or you were submitting to evil.

In your free time you went with friends to see movies or watched TV. As you got older, your interest in embarking on adventures and exploring magical worlds began to diminish. You became more and more consumed by material possessions and spent less time keeping in touch with your imagination. Life became all about what you wanted and not what you had.

Now you sit there, a programmed adult. Rewarded for accumulating material goods and maintaining idealistic notions influenced by others. Manipulated by society to produce and consume at your own expense for the benefit of those who don't care about your existence. Your creativity and originality choked out of you so that those in power can mould you according to their ideals.

There is currently a battle for your mind. Will you step up and meet the challenges that await you?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jkeyes

Stranger in a strange land.Leon Russell

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sadly, even if you decide to openly reject this programming, all it'll take to ultimately drag you back under its rigid orthodoxy is for the primary tenet that bases its most pervasive narrative - the lie that created your basic reality view - to be incontrovertibly proven to be true. From there, you'll have no real option but to submit to the whole disgusting load of crap. Especially with the encouragement and direction of your own kind pulling you "into the light".

Rejection of what you've been programmed to embrace as reality won't be enough. That false narrative must be replaced by the truth concerning what is real, and it must ring true in a way that the programming can't. Anything less is temporary freedom. Like being out on bail. In the end, you'll crawl back to that lie and be grateful when it agrees to inhale you for good.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Sadly, even if you decide to openly reject this programming, all it'll take to ultimately drag you back under its rigid orthodoxy is for the primary tenet that bases its most pervasive narrative - the lie that created your basic reality view - to be incontrovertibly proven to be true. From there, you'll have no real option but to submit to the whole disgusting load of crap. Especially with the encouragement and direction of your own kind pulling you "into the light".

Rejection of what you've been programmed to embrace as reality won't be enough. That false narrative must be replaced by the truth concerning what is real, and it must ring true in a way that the programming can't. Anything less is temporary freedom. Like being out on bail. In the end, you'll crawl back to that lie and be grateful when it agrees to inhale you for good.

Very wisely written and so true. Not much to add other than your analogy of being out on bail is spot on in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I hate stereotypes as much as you do. None of what you said is 'true', or what are you talking about. Don't let that illusion get you down Dark Ghost. Choose to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"There's magic in my eyes, but I don't want to look into it..."

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I think my big question would be, knowing all that, and still just participating here to survive, because total rejection of that programminng means I have to go dig a hole and live in it.....wanting some slightly different end, I might decide I will go along, as far as I have to, so I don't have to live in that hole and still find a way to be grateful for life, even though I know there are many others like me, who have chosen the hole.....
And then someone shows up one day, and says, you knew better, whether you had the power to change what already was when you got here or not, you continued to participate enough to provide yourself with a comfortable enough existence (at least it was a room, and not a hold in the ground)...so therefore, you are as responsible for allowing "this reality" to continue by participating enough to meet your basic needs, as those in power who used their power to continue to control, enslave and destroy.....
what do you say to that? Because you can find that full spectrum right here, just on this website, the seeking to inform you, and hold you responsible as you continue to attempt to live in this physical realm both as its been delivered to you and you delivered to it, probably, one day, for just this purpose: this being said to you, you being held responsible to keep that yolk about your neck, and attaching you to what you would have detached from long ago if given any choice.

And then when you realize all that, someone else showing up to blame you and your ego.....even though they have one too, and it's actually their's in play that drives them to point you out like that....

And all the while you know about this duality, pardoxical "reality" everyone is presented with, complete and replete with "science" to back it up, when it really didn't represent "reality" at all, but just another excuse for shoving that down our throats and forcing us to regard it as "reality."

Good thread, good post. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Star post!

Dear Mother
Dear Father
What is this hell you have put me through
Believer
Deceiver
Day in day out live my life through you
Pushed onto me what's wrong or right
Hidden from this thing that they call life

Dear Mother
Dear Father
Every thought I'd think you'd disapprove
Curator
Dictator
Always censoring my every move
Children are seen but are not heard
Tear out everything inspired

Innocence
Torn from me without your shelter
Barred reality
I'm living blindly

Dear Mother
Dear Father
Time has frozen still what's left to be
Hear nothing
Say nothing
Cannot face the fact I think for me
No guarantee, it's life as is
But damn you for not giving me my chance

Dear Mother
Dear Father
You've clipped my wings before I learned to flyUnspoiled
Unspoken
I've outgrown that #ing lullaby
Same thing I've always heard from you
Do as I say not as I do

Innocence
Torn from me without your shelter
Barred reality
I'm living blindly

I'm in hell without you
Cannot cope without you two
Shocked at the world that I see
Innocent victim please rescue me

Dear Mother
Dear Father
Hidden in your world you've made for me
I'm seething
I'm bleeding
Ripping wounds in me that never heal
Undying spite I feel for you
Living out this hell you always knew

edit on 26-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join