Spreading Now on the Web,When even the squirrels avoid GMO corn We should probably listen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Spreading Now on the Web,When even the squirrels avoid GMO corn We should probably listen.

There is an interesting image which is now spreading on the web and on facebook of course some will claim here and defend the GMO industry for which ever reason, of course not all people do support GMO and yes not even the squirrels.

In this image a person or group have set two corns on a table wooden box for the squirrels, however the only one difference is one corn is an GMO product based corn full of yummy minerals. And the other the Organic corn the normal corn with modified minerals.

Which Corn have the squirrels decided to eat more? the Organic i believe i think its time we should listen to the squirrels as well because if we dont we will lose all of our (Real Organic food supply)

The GMO and few other things is what its killing the bees.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is there a video? I think a video would have been more convincing than that picture.

Not that I in anyway condone GMO. Personally we screw with nature, nature will find a way to fight back.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This came to my attention the other day and i found it quite interesting. I am innately bias against GMO products having grown up in a rural community and being a amatur biologist.

The activist in me want's to say that this is significant but in reality it is just another needle in the ever growing haystack of information out there good or bad, relating to GMO research and production.

The Biologist in me says this is nonsense! Where are the controls? What about the weight and relative size. How do we know this isn't just a propaganda peace which has been picked deliberately?

I would like to see some video evidence and have the experiment repeated several times to ensure accuracy. If i didn't now live in the concrete jungle on the 4th story i would try this out myself.

It reminds me of the '14 year old burger' farce recently in the news. This is totally misleading and unscientific. If you leave a lean meat product in open air with preservatives of course it's not going to rot. The rotting agents need water, amongst other things, to establish and perform mitosis.

I will give you a S&F in the hope it will encourage more discussion on the topic of GMO's.
edit on 26-4-2013 by MongusePro because: Reason for S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
S^F

The two biggest obvious problems with GMO crops are

1) The plant product, immune to such toxin accumulates herbicide/pesticide buildup, which is eaten & fat stored

2) The plant product contains foreign DNA & toxins (ie, bacteria, fungus, other plant or even other animal) which can damage, invade and/or permeate stomach/mucosa linings

Seems like an almost intentional poisoning/transhumanism of humans through toxin buildup and/or foreign DNA absorbtion

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You might be right about the bees...

Death of the bees

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
cool experiment...
my vote?

down with GMO

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ok had to post a reply,

Not because I am for GMO organics, but because if they were trying to kill or harm us with them, we'd be dead by now. Yes some are suffering from digestion disorders and yes GMO may be the cause, but get the info out via factual means, it's making things up that causes no one to take that cause seriously. I for one can't stand most of the Bleeding heart people, since most cannot seem to scare me with truth.

The reason squirrels won't eat corn, any corn that is, is because it has too much sugar in it and not enough anything else beside starches. That's why they wont eat it, they only really go after foods in the Nut family, If you had to get them to eat anything else, they will eat cereal. Now you GMO haters won't like this, they eat Special K with red berries and Cheerios like no one's business.

Do you know, GMO is in more food than is known? That you continue to eat GMOs not because you are poorly informed but because it's basically in everything that is for human consumption. The 1960s was not the begining of harming humans or putting a plan into effect. It's been done years before hand, planned and staged.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Although I'm not for GM crops, this doesn't mean much. Squirrels would probably avoid pineapples too, but we can eat them. It's been modified and it's not what they're used to. It's also not a reliable experiment.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ahh facebook, the beacon of truth and righteousness.

Hey it might be true, if so it would be repeatable, right?
edit on 26-4-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
or pigs - read: 'the Seeds of Deception' by J. Smith

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

s/f OP

That picture was sent to me by a friend and I have been trying to find out more about it.. Here is what I found..

The picture was taken by a farmer after he decided to do a small experiment...

Day two of #GMO #corn vs #organic corn feeding study on squirrels! For day two of this study I used a different variety of both GMO corn & organic non-GMO corn to rule out the possibility of the squirrel favoring one variety over the other!

www.flickr.com...@N02/8054442045/

There are lots of articles claiming that animals prefer non GMO foods. Which is not that surprising really.

Rancher Loses Livestock Due To GMO Corn
www.newstalkflorida.com...

Doctors Say No to GMOs
Studies Show Genetically Modified Foods Can Cause Infertility and Immune Problems
www.iowasource.com...

Iowa livestock producer claims operation lost due to GMO corn
www.cattlenetwork.com...

Science journal urged to retract Monsanto GM study
www.reuters.com...

Russian Scientists To Do Live GMO Trial
www.nleducation.co.uk...

The project which is allegedly going to be broadcast live on the interwbs 24/7 was supposedly meant to start in March 2013.. However I am having issues finding whether or not the project has actually started yet..

Pesticide use ramping up as GMO crop technology backfires: study
www.reuters.com...

The GMO crops are also killing the bees...

They should really start doing proper controlled trials on whether animals really do prefer non GMO foods.. And then when they find that they do indeed prefer non GMO then they can ask themselves the question: why..

If the animals will not eat it. Neither should we..

It has become Farmer vs Pharma..

edit on 26-4-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Ok had to post a reply,

Not because I am for GMO organics, but because if they were trying to kill or harm us with them, we'd be dead by now. Yes some are suffering from digestion disorders and yes GMO may be the cause, but get the info out via factual means, it's making things up that causes no one to take that cause seriously. I for one can't stand most of the Bleeding heart people, since most cannot seem to scare me with truth.

The reason squirrels won't eat corn, any corn that is, is because it has too much sugar in it and not enough anything else beside starches. That's why they wont eat it, they only really go after foods in the Nut family, If you had to get them to eat anything else, they will eat cereal. Now you GMO haters won't like this, they eat Special K with red berries and Cheerios like no one's business.

Do you know, GMO is in more food than is known? That you continue to eat GMOs not because you are poorly informed but because it's basically in everything that is for human consumption. The 1960s was not the begining of harming humans or putting a plan into effect. It's been done years before hand, planned and staged.

Are you sh#tting me and everyone else reading this thread?

Yeah, just like 50years ago cigarettes were harmless and even supported by doctors

You have to be goddamn ignorant to ignore the reality in front of your eyes. Even IF on the long run gmo were safe, do you think its justified for monsanto and their band if thugs to mess with our food and, lest you forget how criminal they really are, patent natural resources in an obvious attemt to monopolize the entire food production with their seeds you have to rebuy everytime

No, there is nothing good about gmo, not even helping hthe third world because remind me again, hows that working out?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So what, the squirrels glow in the dark now?

What's the problem then.. lol

Only genetically modified little fishies made to glow in the dark. Frankenstein has nothing on us humans today.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So the squirrel started with the non-GMO corn, finished it, moved onto the GMO one and realized he was full?
Did a squirrel die midway through eating the GMO corn? no?
ok, then get your anti-science propaganda out of here.
That picture is still purely propaganda. Just because it coincides with your viewpoint, however ill-informed, doesn't mean it's not propaganda.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Ok had to post a reply,

Wrong, GMO's do kill people.

But a new study published this week in the peer-reviewed journal Food and Chemical Toxicology deals a major blow to biotech and chemical company giants. In a first-of-its-kind animal study, French researchers discovered that rats fed genetically engineered corn or exposed to the active ingredient in the weed killer Roundup over a long period died early, suffered mammary tumors, and also had kidney and liver damage.

Link

Anyone who still defends GMO food needs to have their head examined.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Would you guys and gals instead of taking every internet informational packet you find, and believe to be truth, conduct a personal individual scientific study of your own before claiming other's experiments to be true.

You can quote me Wiki articles till the cows come home, but guess what, wiki makes money off your quoting, as well as they make money through the promotion of their site snippets. Further more to claim that EVERYTHING you basically eat has GMO and yes if you do the science you will find that if and seriously if this is the case and GMO is what is said. We are ALL, yes ALL already so far removed from a solution, you are panicking while drowning. Since GMO would of reached into EVERY known food source imaginable through the simple nature aspect of Pollination. Pollination would of infected every organic plant you can think of with GMO something or other.

I understand this is a conspiracy website, but don't you think if the facts as you shoot me with them are so true, and the science in blinding me as much as a religious bible verse being used to tell me I am going to hell is very poor taste. Talk to me, I am a human, I will have an opinion, that is my nature, to experience truth is my goal. I urge you to deny ignorance with me, not create it.

Science experiment that is able to be reconstructed with the same results everytime is a plausible endeavor, using a squirrel that doesn't even naturally EAT CORN, would not be the best measure. If you have GMO peanuts go for it squirrels love peanuts, Pigs love Corn, Bird, Chickens, even your pets eat GMO corn it's in all your dogfoods.

Wanna talk about some crazy stuff, like HUGE super Conspiracy,
Let's talk about Wifi / wireless networks in general frying your tissue and allowing everything from pace makers to smart cars be hacked, given a virus, malware, or just plain can be effected by the sun.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

lol You need a video to convince you? A picture is worth nothing these days? lol

I for one am convinced threw photography that GMO is evil!! lol
edit on 26-4-2013 by tracehd1 because: S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So the squirrel started with the non-GMO corn, finished it, moved onto the GMO one and realized he was full?
Did a squirrel die midway through eating the GMO corn? no?
ok, then get your anti-science propaganda out of here.
That picture is still purely propaganda. Just because it coincides with your viewpoint, however ill-informed, doesn't mean it's not propaganda.

Yeah, never mind all that scientific evidence linking GMO's to myriads of health problems, and the exploding cancer rates in the USA. Keep eating your GMO's, see how that works out for you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
saw this today. Peer reviewed and all

www.mdpi.com...
edit on 26-4-2013 by Painfulhead because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join