It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is evolution a fact?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Why do you think that natural forces couldn't have created life?
You do understand what the fundamental forces of physics are, do you? Well I'll assume you do and then ask you where the multitude of components in the biological cell acquire their role and limitations from? Electro-magnetism? No. Electro-magnetism just doesn't work that way, while the components still have to operate within the parameters laid down by the fundamental forces: they can't gain purpose from them.

What makes you so sure?
I had an epiphany while reading a book on particle physics that lead to a mystical awakening. Not due to what was was being said, but due to what wasn't being said. I experience God every day and I'm most certainly not religious. I'm afraid I don't have any peer reviewed papers to substantiate this though.

So far there is no objective evidence of intelligent design.
Do you believe your mind arose out of nothing more than inanimate matter? Come on, have a proper think about it.

I love when people appeal to things they don't understand and essentially say "Oh, there's no chance of THAT!" Great analysis.
That's not what has happened and I'd be surprised if upon reflection you actually think it has. Your argument is weak and your words are someone else's. A car couldn't build itself, or maintain itself let alone drive itself. So offer me a suggestion based on your understanding of all things scientific: how do biological systems come about with nothing than the interactions of the fundamental forces of physics? Interactions of gravity and electro-magnetism gave birth to reason? To love? Humour?

Everything coming from nothing is a CREATIONIST viewpoint, not a scientific one.
So what are the origins of the universe from the perspective of contemporary academic science? The 'big bang'?...and before that? God always has been and always will be. All the light will be reclaimed from the darkness (physicists call it decay) and this physical world, with its speed, distance and time will be no more.

Evolution is the single biggest weapon to deny us the truth of human origins. Society - and indeed reality - are not what they seem. 'They' walk amongst us - they really do. And 'them'...and 'those lot' as well - it's complicated. Genesis isn't the only creation legend and it wasn't describing human origins, it was describing the origins of a certain group - an infiltration, if you like.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
Well I'll assume you do and then ask you where the multitude of components in the biological cell acquire their role and limitations from? Electro-magnetism? No. Electro-magnetism just doesn't work that way, while the components still have to operate within the parameters laid down by the fundamental forces: they can't gain purpose from them.

Surely you understand the 4 fundamental forces of the universe, including the strong nuclear force that holds atoms together. Please explain your use of the word "purpose" as it's a relative term. You didn't really answer my question, you just asked me questions.

Do you believe your mind arose out of nothing more than inanimate matter? Come on, have a proper think about it.

I've thought about it for 25+ years. You are using a broad generalization here. A mind did not arise out of inanimate matter. If you want to be specific, I'll answer, but I won't answer generalizations about something you clearly haven't researched.

That's not what has happened and I'd be surprised if upon reflection you actually think it has. Your argument is weak and your words are someone else's. A car couldn't build itself, or maintain itself let alone drive itself. So offer me a suggestion based on your understanding of all things scientific: how do biological systems come about with nothing than the interactions of the fundamental forces of physics? Interactions of gravity and electro-magnetism gave birth to reason? To love? Humour?

How are you going to call my "argument" weak and then come at me with the watchmaker's fallacy? That's as weak as it gets because we KNOW that cars are man made. We've observed the process, have instructions and blueprints. The same cannot be said for planets, stars, galaxies, novas, nebulas, black holes, weather patterns, etc etc etc. That requires assumptions, not valid fact.

So what are the origins of the universe from the perspective of contemporary academic science? The 'big bang'?...and before that?

According to science, all energy was originally bunched up in a dense singularity. Creation out of nothing goes against science. You can ponder about what came first, but it's just a guess and no reason whatsoever to suggest that universal forces interacting with various energy forms could not possibly have led to the eventual formation of biological life or that evolution is wrong.

Evolution is the single biggest weapon to deny us the truth of human origins. Society - and indeed reality - are not what they seem. 'They' walk amongst us - they really do. And 'them'...and 'those lot' as well - it's complicated. Genesis isn't the only creation legend and it wasn't describing human origins, it was describing the origins of a certain group - an infiltration, if you like.
Evolution is proven science. There is no debate going on about evolution's validity in the scientific community or anywhere on the planet besides in fundamentalist religious circles. Funny how you claim something as truth that has zero objective evidence behind it yet completely deny evolution despite it being backed up by mountains upon mountains of tangible evidence.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar

If replication requires awareness can you please cite that and also explain to me how organisms such as amoeba and paramecium manage to replicate?

or crystals.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Of course you will never see an animal have anything other than what that animal is. But over many, many successive generations those minute differences can produce a different species of that animal that would not be able to create new life with the older version of that species. Evolution takes place over long periods of time. This is called speciation. Check out the link below for a list of sites that can explain it better than I can :

www.google.com... .1.0....0.0..1c.1.20.serp.TMcP9hTXr5g

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Way to back up your hyperbolic claims with more conjecture hyperbole and mysticism. Who are your enemies that are manipulating your reality? My only enemy is ignorance. I haven't closed myself off to your precious god. Instead I've simply opened myself to the universe through science. I'm all for a benevolent creator as soon as tangible evidence presents itself. Saying something just can't be doesn't make it so. Go read up on Lenski, there's more proof of evolution in his experiment than there ever was of god in all the years I spent in the church. I didn't even see any signs of him when I was an altar boy. All I saw were men who denied themselves physical pleasure and drowned it away in alcohol.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
I'd like to bring forth an unforgiving point in the "evolutionist" backslash "evolutionist" viewpoint. I have never heard a solid argument against this.

Please do not say evolution is a fact, because it isn't. If you can prove to me 100% that evolution is indeed a fact, then please do.

So here's what it takes:

Please explain to me how living matter can arise through non-living matter. Please. So far no evolutionary theorists have ever given a mechanism for that to happen. Please provide a link.

Please explain how the Cambrian explosion could have occurred through what even Darwin called an anomaly, more or less.

According to the anthropic principle, life would not, nor could not, produce life forms as we know them, if the parameters of our universe were not so precisely "fine-tuned" to be able to create life. The anthropic principle, as it is now, undeniable. Life as we know it is due to an entirely incomprehensible set of laws. So please explain, through natural processes, why life is an inevitable probability.

I've heard many times from evolutionists how life is inevitable. More than that, I've actually heard from many evolutionary scientists, that the evolutionary theory, is in fact, a fact.
Please, please prove that. Because as far as I know, earth is the only planet you can use to back your theory up with.

So according to "fact" Life can arise from a non-living object into living matter. (Which has never, EVER been proven" mind you.) but still, I defy you to find me a scientific experiment where life can be created out of non-living matter.

Look, I'm not trying to prove what is or what was. All I'm asking is for you to provide an undeniable link as to what is declared as fact.

What is an evolutionary fact? I haven't seen one yet.

I don't believe which way or the other, but I do believe that if you call it a fact, then it should be a fact,

You do your viewpoint poor service by conflating evolution theories (e.g. Darwinism, Lamarckism, neo-Darwinism, etc.) with abiogenesis, for which there are no competent theories.

Get your conceptual base squared away before writing opinions that do not apply to your position. A little research courtesy of Wikipedia would help you.

Positions such as yours that are written from ignorance do your cause no good. They make it appear to be the cause of the thoroughly indoctrinated but weakly educated, like God-TV viewers.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Evolution is a fact, only in a world that was never meant to be.
edit on 12-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I have to say it:

If the world is here, today, then how can one say that it was never meant to be? It is.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by randyvs

I have to say it:

If the world is here, today, then how can one say that it was never meant to be? It is.

People like randyvs just like to sound mystical and prophetic that's all

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join