It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store Clerk Charged With Assault And Battery After Whipping Another Mother's Child.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Well Hillary Clinton always said it takes a village to raise a child....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more, well put !

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are a few wrongs here-in the FIRST place-my 6yo son is NEVER out of my eyesight for a minute when we are anywhere public-because of the predators.

Second place,none of my kids would dare(or have dared, running around like a street urchin,causing a nuisance)-even at the first attempt at throwing a tantrum in a shop,at a young age-they were showed swiftly and surely that all that will get them,is a paddling,or a biff upside the head-right there,right then-from Me,or my husband.Don't people take the time to discipline their children and teach them acceptable behavior?

Third place,if anyone shouted something like "demon boy/girl" at one of my children-their reaction would have been to come to me+tell me,and I would have dealt with it.My children were taught better than to throw food at people.

Fourth place-you can Not hit other people's children. In my country when i was at school,paddling was perfectly acceptable in schools-and there is a UNIVERSE of a difference to be noted in the quality of kids+young people then,and now-and today's generation does Not compare well,for the most part,as a result of all this pc crap that people bought into in recent years.Now,my country's youth is going to the dogs,for the reason they can do whatever the hell they please,there's no respect for parents and older people anymore,generally speaking.With exceptions,of course.BUT because of this pc crap,of course-you will likely be in serious trouble if you Do hit other people's brats,even if you are a teacher -i would've thought this would be obvious to anyone with more than 2 braincells.

Fifth place-if it starts off with "demon boy" and such talk,it already seems that the person is not playing with a full deck.A brat-yes maybe,demon...wow.Smacks of WBC.Maybe this person should not be working in an environment where they have to deal with the public.

Just one big mess,this.I would like to have a look at the parents,And the cashier/assistent,it should give me a better idea what the background of this situation is.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

"Well Hillary Clinton always said it takes a village to raise a child...."

I imagine she can make statements like that rather easily considering the large silver spoon she has logged where the Sun don't shine. I'm sure her nanny taught her well enough through.
LoL

Suppose the sentiment is there all the same. LoL
edit on 26-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I never let my children out of my sight.

That said, the kid sounds like a disrespectful brat. My kids almost never get whippings I find time outs are more
useful for discipline, but they always know the whooping is an option.

They are very respectful please, thank you, very polite. If they ever acted like that kid, I'd say good job when someone showed them how the world works.

The whipping she gave was overly done for sure, but we need to calm down on this PC crap kids are getting worse everyday it seems.

Sad times I remember my teacher whipping me, now they're criminals for trying to do what these liberal hippy
parents should be doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

My kids too.When i had my 1st child,a girl,i was very strict with her indeed-i demanded decent behavior,and respect for your elders.My 2nd child,also a girl,grew up knowing i'm a very loving mother,but i wont tolerate nonsense.I just needed to give them one look-and they would know:"Now would be a good time to just zip it and listen up instead " I have a young son now,and being a boy,i give him leeway for being a lil boy,and boisterous,but i do not tolerate bad manners or behavior.Why should any parent? Its not difficult to explain to a child:"Because i love you,i don't want you to go through life with other folks continuously thinking you're an asshat. You'll never get a decent job,or a decent quality wife/husband,should you want to get married, either,that way.So if you behave like a soccer hooligan,i'm going to remind you sharply,that you're out of line for acceptable behavior"

Then follow through.And i've noticed with my own kids,if you spend a lot of time with them,and they feel loved and wanted and you make sure they know they can talk to you,if they have problems-they normally turn out good kids and young adults,regardless if they can attend Princeton-or find an appy-ship at the local car mechanic.Especially if you teach them empathy for those less fortunate than themselves.And they don't care that you gave em the occasional biff upside the head,or paddling,when they were younger-because they're older,they are coming to understand that life takes no hostages,but as long as you don't go through it deliberately doing yourself over by alienating people right off first sight,its slightly easier to get along.They laugh at the memories actually,my 2 girls do,now they're more grown up.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

On a more serious note the poor kid, the person responsible for such an act deserves a good few months in a prison cell...

This is horrible...beating a young child for throwing a cookie. That store clerk (obviously) overreacted and it was not her place to correct that child.

Mentally and emotionally now that little boy is traumatized; thanks to the abusive behavior of that out of control store clerk.

I just have to say...I don't like the punishment the clerk got either...in my opinion it was too light of a sentence and she should have done jail time.

My heart and prayers go out to that little boy and his family; I just hope (in time) he and they are able to recover.

edit on 26-4-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

On a more serious note the poor kid, the person responsible for such an act deserves a good few months in a prison cell with Big Bubba/Bertha the beast for company IMHO!

Huh, the kid admittedly threw something at the clerk no? If the kid was older, they would be getting the charge. Granted, I think kids should be outwitted by adults rather than just simply beating them when they act up (the act usually entirely lost on children and instead are just mad at what happened to them, instead of remorseful for their actions) yet, that being said, sometimes kids need a whack in the ass to set them straight.

Disciplining another person's kid is the main problem here. Unless parental rights are given to you, it is far beyond someone's rights to go around laying smack down on random kids that act out. Except, where are the bloody parents in this case?

The boy’s mother and sister were in the store at the time, but didn’t see the attack firsthand.

You don't say? Maybe if they had their eye on them, this type of thing wouldn't happen.

Some kids are unruly.

I remember I disciplined one family friend's kid, and they proceeded to hit me back. I actually had trouble keeping in my laughter. I realized though, simple physical punishment would be essentially useless on this brat. So, I devised a plan to discipline them by understanding their weakness and once identified I had the kid in tears, simply through talking (not yelling). All in all we developed a pretty good bond over the years. The kid respects me and I have respect for them as well. Physical punishment never worked with them. And I actually feel bad for him sometimes because the parents never understood that. He took punishments for years and it was completely useless, and all it did was create a large gap between him and his parents. They also have a yelling problem, which, merely creates strain on them and the family. The thing I never understood with some parents is: If it ain't working, why keep trying the same thing over and over again?

Some kids stand up to authority, I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. Which is why I wouldn't punish a kid simply based on that either. Sometimes that personality should be applauded, since you know they will stand up for their rights, and the rights of their family and friends (so long as they are taught to direct their energy to that). The most important thing with kids like that, is to instil a good set of morals/values, so they are not using their personality traits for something negative.

In the case of the OP,

PATHETIC

This little $%#@ is sitting on TV playing the victim card "Oh the evil old lady was beating me trying to hurt me! Boohoo, I'm just a poor little boy and I am going to suffer my whole life from this!"

Dear lord, the kid even calls it "torture".

Way to go parents, you raised a little $%#@, you don't keep your eye on him, let him do whatever he wants, and when it comes down to it, you let him get away with it.

-

Bottom line, I wouldn't want someone else discipling my kids, which is why I would do it myself. And, kids will be kids. Yes, kids are gonna be little $%#@'s, it is a given. No different than the sun rising and setting. However, there is consequences to your actions. And kids have to learn that early on.

If this were my kid, I'd hope I'd be able to control them enough that this wouldn't even arise, as I would be able to teach them how to act in public when they're with me. But, given the standard actions of kids, it's still likely to happen.

I'd probably have a word with the lady that did it. I sure as hell wouldn't parade my kid on local media claiming them a victim and vilifying the store clerk. Have some self-respect, dear lord...

Can't believe they are talking about the possibility of 20 years behind bars for an incident like this.

I don't think the woman was in the right (As it wasn't her kid, and she wasn't given temporary parental rights) but nonetheless, no way, no how, should someone be looking at any jail time for something like this.

Hell, in the old days this kind of punishment was standard, and just about every teacher offered up this kind of punishment nationwide. (I don't actually agree with it, but it's ironic how much things have changed over the years.)

So what lesson did the kid learn? You can send people away to jail if you play your cards right. Even if you are bad, you can come off looking good!

Can't wait to see how this little bugger turns out in 20 years.

No responsibility, no lessons learned, no remorse... A real winner we got here.

Lets say the woman got sentenced 20 years for this. Imagine that darling little puke in 20 yrs, (Oh that lady that 'tortured' me is getting out soon... )

edit on 26-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Apparently she was charged with aggravated assault and cruelty to children. I can't seem to find anything recent (this happened almost 3 months ago).

A Dollar General employee arrested in Wrightsville last week for hitting a child with a belt has now been charged with two felonies, aggravated assault and cruelty to children. The charges were upgraded from simple battery because according to the police chief, store video shows the woman hitting the 8 year old at least 25 times.

Source

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join