It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Is Rigged: Biggest Scandal Yet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You know what's great about these banks & their Wall Street friends? When they commit these crimes that involve millions or billions or even trillions of dollars, they are often handed light prison sentences or are Too Big To Jail, as Eric Holder would have us believe. And the ones that do go to prison are the low totem pole patsies, not the real brains behind the crimes. But they're not only stealing, they're also setting up economies to fail. I guess that's okay though.... I'm sorry, that's my apathy speaking out again.

It'll never cease to amaze me that someone who steals even a few million, let alone trillion, doesn't go to jail for very long but god help you if you wanna grow & sell marijuana.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

From the article,

But the biggest shock came out of a federal courtroom at the end of March – though if you follow these matters closely, it may not have been so shocking at all – when a landmark class-action civil lawsuit against the banks for Libor-related offenses was dismissed. In that case, a federal judge accepted the banker-defendants' incredible argument: If cities and towns and other investors lost money because of Libor manipulation, that was their own fault for ever thinking the banks were competing in the first place.

"A farce," was one antitrust lawyer's response to the eyebrow-raising dismissal.

"Incredible," says Sylvia Sokol, an attorney for Constantine Cannon, a firm that specializes in antitrust cases.

All of these stories collectively pointed to the same thing: These banks, which already possess enormous power just by virtue of their financial holdings – in the United States, the top six banks, many of them the same names you see on the Libor and ISDAfix panels, own assets equivalent to 60 percent of the nation's GDP – are beginning to realize the awesome possibilities for increased profit and political might that would come with colluding instead of competing. Moreover, it's increasingly clear that both the criminal justice system and the civil courts may be impotent to stop them, even when they do get caught working together to game the system.

Read more: www.rollingstone.com...
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The only way to win is for everyone to quit working.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

Nah, they'll just put us all in work camps if we stopped working, besides we need to make money to surive. Maybe a good start would to stop doin bizness with the Big Banks. Not the solution but a pretty good start.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You and me both! What a messed up, twisted, backwards world we live in! At least there are those of us that can see the wood for the trees though... Oh and I love how a bar man is a bar man and not a "drug dealer"... All I want is a little consistency! lol

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Nah, they'll just put us all in work camps if we stopped working, besides we need to make money to surive. Maybe a good start would to stop doin bizness with the Big Banks. Not the solution but a pretty good start.

I have a solution for this... Let us meet in the middle, everyone should quit working for people that steal off them and give it to the government ie "tax" (which will henceforth be refereed to as theft)... Everyone has a moral obligation to do this...

Imagine I told you that I wanted to borrow some money off you and I told you I would use the money to buy a couple guns so I could shoot up a few random people... Would you give me the money? If you did give me the money what would it make you? Accessory to murder? But forgetting that it would just make you as sick as me surely? We would both be immoral, right?

Yet people give money to the gov that kills and tortures hundreds of thousands of people, all the people all over the world do this... We need it to stop... We need to refuse to pay! If it means quitting your current job then so be it, but that doesn't mean you can't work for a living... Just go self employed and refuse to pay!

Gov would go bankrupt within weeks! Job done...

It shouldn't really be a hard sell...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Had to laugh when I saw your post.

link

Guess I posted it wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The first step that has to happen is that everyone stops worrying about their credit score. You are not a number!
Next, everyone, and I do mean everyone, needs to stop paying their mortgage.
Third, stop buying all these unnecessary toys that needs more oil such as jet skis, second vehicles when you have one that works, etc.
Fourth, stop paying on your credit cards.
Fifth, sit back and see what happens.
(This isn't going to happen though because everyone is too worried about their credit scores.)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

So we should still pay the gov to go round the world killing and torturing innocent people? I like all your other ideas though but why not add refuse to be stolen from?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue

Right now, we're told that the mother of Boston bombers is getting her information from conspiracy sites, and perhaps the bombers did too. There is a temptation Americans have to give in to that binary switch in the brain: conspiracy theorists good? Conspiracy theorists bad? The dangers of such simplification are high: If we accept conspiracy theorists as unconditionally good, we are married to the kind of bull#ters who claim the Newtown shootings never happened. If we announce them all as bad, we have implicitly announced our willingness to turn a blind eye to an entire category of criminal behaviour, some of which is very well documented, and may - as this article suggests - be shaping things as central as the entire financial scene.

This is a time which requires critical, multi-dimensional thinkers. Not on off/good evil/right left binary brains.

PEace!

THIS is one of the best, most logical and balanced posts I have read since joining this website a couple of years ago.

Well said, and I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
and its been going on since the invention of banks.. so whats new.. it will never change.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild ...
and you can take that to the bank...

guess Holder saw what happened to JFK

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

A large number of people creating and using their own economic instruments would essentially bypass the current system altogether, however, Thor's (The Gov) Hammer would come down on those involved faster than a stock crashing after a company hits bankruptcy. Why? Because it puts in to question the very fundamentals of the economic system.

Just look at how fast and thoroughly counterfeiters are prosecuted vs. someone involved in insider trading. Print sheets of paper and there will be armies of agents watching your every move, raiding you, aiding the courts in handing down 10+ year prison terms, and this will be done with such swift severe action you would wonder why you were dumb enough to do it in the first place.

It's the Fed's job to print money, no one else's. Why don't they prosecute the top? Because that's the top. It would be like prosecuting one's own family.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
and its been going on since the invention of banks.. so whats new.. it will never change.

Banks have been around since men could write numbers or characters down that represented something of value. Banking in 2000BC. So yes, corruption, since the beginning of time.

Before numbers and loans and payments and the rest, I assume it was just one caveman promising a hind leg of buffalo to the other, and when payment came due he killed the lender.

Or traded in his wife. God knows...

Nothing new, what is amusing, is how many people think it is something that just popped up.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

It's nice to see the 'Stone breaking the political / social stories other media are afraid to investigate. God knows they don't do anything for rock n roll anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A large number of people creating and using their own economic instruments would essentially bypass the current system altogether

We already have this... Bitcoin... I really dont know why people knock it and jump all over it when there is a blip, the fact is right now 1 bitcoin is 89 times stronger than the pound! It is getting wider and wider acceptance too all over the world... I really think it can be a bank killer.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

To paraphrase Zeitgeist - which itself was at least partially full of beans - I learned a valuable lesson when I was a kid: after I won (or lost) a game of Monopoly, all of the pieces went back in the box.

Competition isn't evil. Capitalism isn't evil. But insisting that you get to keep everything you win after each game isn't doing the world any favors.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

What Holder doesn't get is that doing nothing collapses faith in the system, and the system is only held in place by the consent of all the players. Sooner or later, the cheaters have to lose, or the house-of-cards crumbles around everyone.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

So you think you shouldn't be able to pass anything down to your kids when you are gone... Is that what you are saying?

Please say it ain't so...

The rest I agree with...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I can understand the tops point of view in a way. It is dangerous to unplug the system when it goes out of control and this is what is happening. Pulling the plug on it would cause the world to go into chaos. The way I can see things improving is by implanting a seed within the system that would spawn a new system, and have companies move to that.

The system would have to be a balanced system though. One that actually carries abundance for the world. This is the only way I see humanity moving forward without killing eachother. That and stop fearing other peoples beliefs . realities and start living your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join