Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The 24 Elders, and a new way of looking at the Apocalypse

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hello all,

I have been recently studying the veracity and timeline IRT the book of Daniel, as it pertains to the dead sea scrolls and the general timelines and truth of its authorship. I'm pleased to report I believe the book to be and inspired authorship of Daniel.
But, it was during a nightly study that an idea came to my mind. An idea that may in fact be blasphemous. I only throw this idea out as exactly this: AN EXERCISE IN IMAGINATION.
This will be a short read before I get to the point. Please have the patience to read this before scrolling to the bottom to see my idea/thesis/question.

I throw this idea to you, the wolves, to dissect as a possibility or not?
Here goes my bad attempt of a prologue. I will jump around a bit confusingly, but it should all come together in my basic rudimentary attempt.

Here goes:

During the Sanhedrin trial of Jesus when the high priest asked Jesus: "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed one?" Jesus responded "I am: and you shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."
(RIGHT HAND OF POWER)

"At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
(COMING IN A CLOUD)

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him."
(COMING WITH THE CLOUDS)

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."
(CAUGHT UP WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS)(THEM)

"For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up."
(NEW EARTH)

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."
(DAYS OF NOAH? GUESS THERE WAS A LOT OF TECHNOLOGY BACK THEN!)

Jesus claims to be the "Son of Man". This term is used to denote two things at once in my view.

1) He claims the crown as "VICTORIOUS HUMAN BEING" who has withstood the trials of Sin. This title is mostly used in the new testament. However, it is used in the old testament to describe the human condition. However, in book of Daniel, "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him."
(This verbiage belongs in the new testament, as it is a total break from old testament verbiage.)

2) The title is also used to denote the Messiah. Jesus claimed this as his preferred title in the new testament. The old testament usually employed this term to define the condition of a "human being."
Thus, I perceive the use of this title as Jesus attempt to claim title as the chosen leader and champion of human kind; while conversely confessing his frailty and weakness and thus expressing humility before us and god as he is still human.

Just wanted to address that. Moving on...

The book of revelation specifically states Jesus will set up his millennial kingdom on earth that will reign for 1,000 years. After this kingdom, a new Earth and Jerusalem will be created. John goes on to describe the new Jerusalem. My interpretation of this is a giant space craft. A humongous space craft that has twelve gates. The city is transparent, the roads are of a transparent gold hue. The habitat, to me, describes a different level of reality and being. No point here. Just good reference material. The new Jerusalem will be a giant space station for ghost like beings. A city with transparent streets and walls, illuminated by God himself, cubed in form, having 12 gates.

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."
"And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass."

Some more points to make:
1) Jesus = Right Hand of God. Thus, he rules on behalf of God.
2) Jesus will return from the Sky with a great army. (Aliens and Alien Spacecraft)
3) A new Earth will be created. And with it, a cubed space craft that will become the new Jerusalem.

Now. I think it is possible that the book of Revelation actually describes Alien beings in the presence of the Almighty:

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

(CHUCK MISSLER HYPOTHESIZES THAT THE STONES REPRESENT DIFFERENT COLORS OF LIGHT AND RAYS OF LIGHT)

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.”
Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

Some questions to be asked:

1) Who are the 4 creatures?

2) Who are the 24 elders? Are they human? Or, are they something else?

3) Do the 4 creatures lead the 24 elders? It seems so.

4) Where does Jesus fit into this?
1) Is he one of the 24 elders?
2) Is he sitting at the right hand of God receiving praise as well?
3) Is he the physical manifestation of God, and thus given praise and the title of "Ancient of Days"?

5) If he is given this title, then are the Fallen Angels rebelling because God took the form of a new and what they seem to deem an unworthy and untested species?

Most Christians will undoubtedly say that Jesus is not one of the 24 elders.
If he were one of the 24 elders, it would mean he is the Saviour of Mankind, but not the Saviour of Alienkind and thus Allkind. The 24 elders would represent the Saviors of each species.
If this is totally wrong, and not a possibility, please point it out to me.

IN SUMMARY:
1) Jesus will return with an army of Aliens inside of Alien Space Craft.
2) Jesus will bring a large spaceship that will house the new form of Mankind, or the souls of the dead.
3) Jesus sits at the right hand of God. He rules Mankind. He is the chosen ruler/representative for the human race, for those that have been chosen.
4) The 24 Elders are representatives/messiah's of other humanoid species.
5) Question: Is Jesus one of the 24 elders?
6) Question: Do the 24 elders worship Jesus? Thus, the 24 species would worship God in human form. Hence, we were chosen amongst all of God's creation.
7) And to the contrary of this: Genesis did mention that mankind was made in God's image.
8) Is the purpose of Jesus return to bring the human race into a new Galactic community/government???

Interesting way of looking at what is about to happen.

Please digest this and leave your comments.
I don't believe this is true. It just struck me as a possibility. Who knows? It could be true. This is a place to discuss such things.
I am a believer in Christ, and try to follow his teachings. I have a veracious appetite for study of the prophecies of the Old and New Testaments.
edit on 26-4-2013 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FingerMan
Jesus will return with an army of Aliens inside of Alien Space Craft.

Research by Joe Jordan and many others makes this possibility extremely unlikely...

The video below by Joe Jordan is the best info I have seen on this subject:

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. They are addicted to the abduction or kidnapping of humans. (The Scotsman Robert Kirk, who wrote "The Secret Commonwealth" in 1691, evidently "knew more than was good for his health", and was killed by them.)

The True Nature Of The 'UFO Entities' By Gordon Creighton

“UFOs are real but they are not physical. They are messengers of deception”Jacques Vallee

The UFOs do not seem to exist as tangible, manufactured objects. They do not conform to the natural laws of our environment. They seem to be nothing more than transmogrifications tailoring themselves to our abilities to understand. The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists. (John Keel - Operation Trojan Horse p. 266)

Forbidden Secret - www.scribd.com...

"We got a coverup among the researchers themselves that people are relying on for the truth" ~ Joe Jordan

"Joe is obviously not popular with many UFO believers for ‘blowing the whistle’ and revealing the deception behind it all..."

Lifting the veil on the UFO phenomenon

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FingerMan

Nor do I believe it. However I do believe that your accumulated pieces of information, when correctly arranged, could be turned into a major motion picture which would zoom to the top of the charts and hold it for five weeks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I am familiar with the information you posted. I pondered that while thinking on my little theory.
But "IF" the 24 elders are in fact Alien Messiah's, then the little gray men could be anything really.
They could be of the 1/3 of stars taken out of heaven by the tail of the dragon. They could be the devil's workers in other words.

I too feel there is something ominous with the UFO abduction experience. Something completely unholy about the whole thing. Especially considering that many of the abductee's had experience with summoning spirits and using wigi boards.

But, on whole, I don't think this negates my little theory. The evil gray's could be on the other spectrum from the 24 elders.

EDIT: Will watch the vid you posted. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Yeah. I thought that too. But, they'd probably turn it into a comedy spif.
The special effects for such a movie would be mind blowing. I don't think it could be done.

EDIT: The 24 Elders could also simply be the 12 sons of Jacob plus the 12 Apostles.

EDIT 2: But, I don't really buy that. Why would the brothers of Joseph be held in this high a regard??? They were not the best representatives. They sold their brother into slavery after pondering his murder. So, at the least, you'd have to take 10 of the brothers out of the 24.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

The alien thing is purely Satanic so don't get sucked in.. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people when the truth finally surfaces about this subject. Heard of Djinn? They are demonic spirits summoned by Spirit worshippers and it is said that the very powerful Elite are into this practice.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree. After my post, I had some more thoughts that this could not be a possibility. It was a fun little idea, but more along the lines of a "Men in Black Movie" kind of sense. It's just a funny thought.

After watching Murgatroid's video, not done yet, I'm now more in line with you guys. This stuff is pure evil. Something is totally wrong here.

I will ask mods to lock this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FingerMan
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree. After my post, I had some more thoughts that this could not be a possibility. It was a fun little idea, but more along the lines of a "Men in Black Movie" kind of sense. It's just a funny thought.

After watching Murgatroid's video, not done yet, I'm now more in line with you guys. This stuff is pure evil. Something is totally wrong here.

I will ask mods to lock this thread.

Not saying stop the thread, it's worth the discussion that's for sure... I think if you were to look at the story of Solomon you would find a part speaking about the people practicing magic and him confiscating the magick books. Very interesting story though I'm not sure whether it is biblical based or what. He ended up in exile for 40 days or something because of a demon I think.
edit on 26-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

1)I don't know and I don't know if it is relevant to us learning what we need to learn. Is it to show that the mightiest of beasts praise God?

2) Who they are may not be relevant. I think it is what they represent and what their actions represent that is important. They are kings praising the King of kings, I think.

3) Maybe the beasts inspired them or it just happened in that order by chance? idk

4) If you ever fully figure out the trinity, let me know. I think it works like Jesus is the word, God is the first being of the word, who then incarnated Jesus/word into form, and the Holy spirit I don't know - maybe it is God's spirit placed into man. I don't think Jesus is one of the 24. It might be that the 24 are prophets/kings/lords of other worlds/universes; and our Lord just happened to be Jesus, son of God, son of David, son of man? Right hand of God, etc. as you said.

5) I think the angels rebelled because they did not have faith in God.

-Son of man articulates that he is in human/body form.
-Days of Noah articulates wickedness all over the planet.
-Son of David means he was the prophesied Messiah who would come from the lineage of David.
-Aliens are angels/fallen angels. Alien is a deceptive title.
-You are putting too much emphasis on galaxies, universe, aliens, and the human words for astronomy. There's no need to say anything other than angels and heaven, once you've established that aliens are angels/fallen angels and heaven/hell is universe/multiverse/dimensions.
-Don't assume all ufo are of fallen angels, some may be good still.
edit on 4/26/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 4:19

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

At the judgment seat of Christ (Must be saved to get there), each person is given an inheritance. Some will rule and some will serve. Egypt (Earth) is a refinery so we can inherit part of the kingdom and rule and reign with Christ. What is the inheritance? Well, you must know what "heavens" always means in the Bible. Heavens is the infinity beyond our skies. In God's house (Universe) there are many mansions (Dwelling places). When the Shepherd sheers off our sin (Wool), it is washed white as show. Before sheering, the wool is pulled over our eyes. That wool is sheered season after season (you must be born again). It is then returned as a new robe (Body) and Crown (Mind). There are many different types of crowns. Initially, there is one salvation robe, but more robes that come later. To get to the inheritance (Promised Land), we must cross a wilderness. It takes more than one generation of life to get there. Moses and the people of Israel traveling to the promised land is similar to the story of the ark taking life to a new place after renewal. What do we inherit?

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

The new heavens and earth we inherit will not be the same one for everyone. Than again, it might be. Either way, the place is already prepared and no work will be done on our part. We are adopted into the kingdom and will serve by what we produced here on Earth. What we bind here is bound in heaven. What we loose here is loosed in heaven. In other words, the first will be last and the last will be first. We are ranked by our service here in the refinery. Some will rule and some will serve. If you put yourself first (Pride) here, you are last in the kingdom. Put yourself last here (Humility) and rule in the kingdom.

THE MYSTERY OF EPHESIANS

THIS IS DISCLOSURE: Ephesians 3

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

There are families in heaven. The lambs book of life is a recording of our own tree of life (DNA) and the imprint of our inner being that is then rendered again to life. Look at an acorn. Is the acorn the oak tree or the oak tree the acorn? Neither. Both are the imprint of the inner essence of DNA. One is a form and copy of the other, but both make up the new man.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

The WORD becomes flesh. Keep that in mind while you notice how we are 'saved' for future expression into new form.

LUKE 8:11 NKJ
11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

1 PETER 1:23 NKJ
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

JOHN 6:63 NKJ
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus said His words are alive. They contain life. The words in your Bible may look lifeless and powerless. Seeds do, too. But they are not without life or power.

In Mark 4:30-31, Jesus explained that the kingdom of God works like a seed. So, if we are to understand God's kingdom and how He operates, we need to understand seeds.

GALATIANS 6:7 NKJ
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Reaping requires the gardener suffering the hoe. We are not the gardeners. Christ is the gardener. We are the crop. God works out our faith, not us. We are chosen for future work. What we do here determines our state later. Some choose not to be good fruit here and produce nothing. They will be last in the kingdom. These are the laws of the kingdom of God and not our laws. We must abide in law to be in the kingdom. Taking the name of Christ requires the character or we take the name in vain.

edit on 26-4-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Interesting concept, even if it has been covered many times before.

God is an alien.

That makes far more sense than the ethereal guise religion portrays him; a god that utilizes nuts and bolts technology - albeit a far more advanced version than we can conceive of, and created by living, sentient, solid beings - is logical and plausible.

That opens the way to alternate (but again, not original) ways of looking at creation, evolution etc.

God is an alien and not a spiritual being.

After all, wasn't it James T. Kirk who once said "Why does god need a space ship?"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
@ Bleeeep,

I feel the trinity is a simple concept. At least for me. I see it in a couple of ways.
- I am both a father, a son, a friend, a coworker, a boss, a subordinate, etc.
So the Son is also the father and the spirit.
But, there are parts the father keeps from the son. The son is God in human form. He is not the whole shebang!
The spirit is something else entirely. I have no idea what it is. Probably beyond our comprehension. I just understand it to be a separate function of the God head.

This is easy for me to grasp because I do see this world as a fabrication. I don't say that in a bad way. I don't think it is a matrix. I do think it is all in the mind of the creator. How could one know all, at all times, and have control of all things if one is not everything, or if it is not in the mind of God.

@ Enochwasright,

Interesting post. Thanks.

My basic interest is in the 24 elders. I just made a thread with a possible idea of what they could be. I always thought they would be saints, apostles, and some of the patriarchs/prophets. This is most likely the case. But, might not be. The 24 elders are not named. Thus, their identities are hidden. Is their identity a secret, a revelation to be given at a later date? Of course they are. That's why it's fun to speculate. And this was a crazy speculation.

It seems an obvious bet that there is some Alien equals Angel type of revelation that will be made.
Elijah was taken in a spacecraft. The heavens are outerspace. Our current definition of an Angel is that of an Alien.
The bible discusses different types of Angels as well. Thus, you could hypothesize that the different types of Angels, Cherubim and Seraphim etc, are Aliens from different planets, galaxies, dimensions, timelines, realities, etc.

I actually do believe that our imaginations are not broad enough to explain what we are in store for. Our collective socks will be completely blown off once all is said and done. And at that point, an entirely different storyline will begin.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Well. What makes sense to me is that God is unfathomable. He is completely beyond our ability to comprehend. Can you, do you understand how this world is put together? Even the smartest of scientists, to include Einstein, have great difficulty understanding just small parts of how this reality is put together.
And for God this is so beneath him as to even not be a menial task.

God is not an Alien. Angels may be Aliens, but not God. Some think Angels to be spirits, which would not really classify them as living breathing beings from another planet.

For all we know, Angels may be just as clueless as to what God truly is as we are.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

1. I certainly believe that the critters that we know about in our era are evil to the core . . . and whether they are fallen angels and/or citizens of distant planets--they are all serving in behalf of the satanic globalist oligarchy setting up the totally tyrannical satan worshiping global government and one world religion.

2. Of course the 2/3 of God's angels who did NOT fall with satan are technically other terrestrial or more accurately--other sphere created beings serving God throughout creation from their 'spiritual dimension' 'home'.

3. I do not take the NEW JERUSALEM to be per se 'merely' a space ship. At 1500 MILES, it would be more than a little huge. I suppose because it comes down out of the sky and some say hovers over terrestrial Jerusalem--it could be called legitimately a spaceship. But, it might not be. It might well be merely a 1500 mile square cube or pyramid city 'miraculously' held there by God's Word and Spirit--however HE manages that.

4. I don't think our resurrected bodies make us ethereal. Christ ate in his glorified body. Scripture indicates we will, too. And, the Heavenly visitation stories indicate we will do productive activities as well as worship and have fun A LOT.

Interesting conjectures. Thx.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

What makes sense to me is that God is unfathomable. He is completely beyond our ability to comprehend.

Actually, that’s not strictly correct.

If we go down the road of discussing a divine god as opposed to a tangible – as in our creator – alien god, then I can easily allow for a creative, intelligent energy that not only instigated our existence, but that is behind every single scientific discovery. I fall for nurture, not nature. That does not denigrate science at all; in fact, it establishes an acceptable foundation for all “spooky” science.

But that’s just my opinion, and I have absolutely nothing to support it other than a gut feeling. Some call gut feeling faith. But for me, it’s just a hunch that makes sense.

So, yes, god can be “fathomed” in a logical sense. It’s religion – manipulative dogma creed and canon - that muddies the waters.

Can you, do you understand how this world is put together? Even the smartest of scientists, to include Einstein, have great difficulty understanding just small parts of how this reality is put together.

At the risk of sounding condescending, I suggest you read more scientific literature regarding geology, biology, physics etc. Therein you will find not only solid findings that are based solely on observable results and repeatable experiments, but also seriously interesting theoretical exploration too.

I agree that we do not know the whole of reality, but with each day we get closer to understanding the reality we exist within.

These discoveries do not, as far as I can see, reject the concept of the existence of a “god”.

And for God this is so beneath him as to even not be a menial task.

It makes more sense that god is unaware of us. This would allow for the seemingly randomness of life. Don’t forget that we create each other. God would be behind the whole show. Also, this does not disallow for aliens being our creators.

God is not an Alien.

God as in the creator of the human race, which could, with the absence of anything that points to the contrary, be possible, or the formative intelligence behind reality?

Angels may be Aliens, but not God.

I agree; the ancient descriptions of angels could be a primitive attempt at describing extremely advanced beings. But, and correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t angels appear on god’s behalf? So, are they emissaries of a higher power, or their next in command?

Allowing for that scenario, It makes more sense that they were under orders from another being who was, as far as we were concerned, our god. Didn’t god also talk through various material means? Burning bush, pillar of fire, Ezekiel’s wheel, etc. All descriptions for objects our ancestors could only describe within the confines of their own reality.

Again, my opinion.

Some think Angels to be spirits, which would not really classify them as living breathing beings from another planet.

Define spirit.

Consider this: if a species could advance to such a degree that it can, through its own ingenuity, remove itself from the limits of material existence and become ambulatory, self-contained energy (hologram springs to mind), then how would a relatively adolescent species – ie. us – explain their appearance?

For all we know, Angels may be just as clueless as to what God truly is as we are.

I agree.

They may well be aware of the defining force behind reality and, despite their huge advances in science be far, far closer to understanding its nature, however as to understanding it totally, well that could still be just beyond their reach. It does not mean god is indefinable. Just far more complex than first imagined.

But, if god - as in the biblical sense – were one of them, real and tangible that required vehicles, equipment etc., then that explains many things.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Cross referencing and similar reality is used in the bible to a great degree. God wouldn't want people to have to cross reference and see interpretations in some meraculous way just to prove a point.

These are reasons I don't believe that the bible is the book of god.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Still don't know how you guys do the multi-quotes. It is for a lack of trying!

When I purport that GOD is not fathomable, I'll use this analogy: We know our reality through only 5 senses. Thus, we can only explain the universe in these 5 senses. Go ahead and add mathematics as a sixth sense. Still, we use the measurements of the 5 senses to explain and define our world.
We all know that animals have different senses, and much more keen eyesight, hearing, taste, and smell.

God is unfathomable to us because we cannot truly describe everything around us that makes up our reality, let alone what would make up GOD.

That basic concept proves my little statement.

If we all agree that there is a GOD. And no, not an Alien that seeded this planet, but a true creator that is either an outside source that manipulates this reality, or is in fact the very fabric of a conscious universe,,, we would have to assume that he is well beyond our ability to comprehend in any way.

If we choose to believe that GOD is the very fabric of our conscious universe, then in order to simulate his ability, or to try and understand his motive, we would have to create a nano computer chip that is literally the size of the universe. And now lets not go down the rabbit hole of "this universe is a giant foglet computer"!
edit on 2-5-2013 by FingerMan because: foglet

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You need faith to understand anything, so I guess if you have a lot of faith, he might allow you to understand him. That is to say, God could give you understanding of God.

I think the simulation should not be viewed as a type of computer simulation. Instead, it should be viewed as a relativity simulation. It is The Word, but it is also our reality. Think of it like a tree is not really a tree, because it is really just quarks and leptons, but IT IS really a tree, because that is how it is meant to be viewed by us. Therefor, it is a relativity simulation and It is The Word, but it is also our reality. Think of it like a way to confuse the nonbelievers. A child can easily see that creation is miraculous, but an adult will never understand it, without faith.

Get it? lol... It's kind of humorous in that we can so deceive ourselves with our lack of faith, and then go on to over think things and make them even more confusing. I laughed and laughed when I finally figured out it was all about learning to have faith. Now understanding comes pretty easy, with a little prayer, but I am still learning to love other people, so that I can have peace of mind. (Especially those people who would knowingly corrupt innocent people. I detest them - but I'm working on it.)

To put it another way: Faith can give you understanding, but if understanding isn't used for love, it's useless.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Having read the prophecies of Mitar Tarabich which where brought to my attention by this thread.......

The most accurate prophecies i have ever seen

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To which i am very indebted to MisterLondon.

Tarabich says.....

"Men will travel to other worlds to find lifeless deserts there, and still, God forgive him, he will think that he knows better than God himself. There, except the eternal peace of God, he will see nothing, but he will sense with his heart and soul all of God's beauty and power. People will drive in rigs upon the Moon and stars. They will look for life, but life similar to ours they will not find. It will be there, but they will not be able to understand it and see that it is life...

They will look for life but not find it, it will be there but they will not be able to understand it. To my mind he is talking about other dimensional being's. There could be being's living on the Moon and other bodies but outside of our visible range.

new topics

top topics

join