It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#FreeJahar: When Conspiracy Theorists and One Direction Fans Collide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

#FreeJahar: When Conspiracy Theorists and One Direction Fans Collide

gawker.com

I tracked Claire down (through her One Direction fan fiction page) and, over Twitter direct messages, asked her about her Tumblr. "I do believe he is very cute, but that’s not the reason I am personally involved in this movement," she emailed me back. "I am in this because I don’t believe its right to put a totally innocent person in jail for the rest of his/her life or even death penalty. I don’t care who it is, it just isn’t fair."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, I suppose that criminal worship isn't really anything new, but one has to wonder about this.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev? Suspected of killing and maiming people in the Boston Marathon bombing? Heck no, the Dylan-esque hair and faint smile cannot conceal a killer and religious maniac. The person who claims, in the story, that "it just isn't fair", has no clue.

Have we really evolved, socially, to the point where memes, lulz and tweets define reality for some people? Apparently so.

Free Nelson Mandela? Well, opinions vary, but a Twitter campaign that hijacks such a sentiment and attaches it to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, via the #FreeJahar tag?

Gag me with a spoon.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
One thing that I'll note here -- when the news of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's Twitter feed broke last week on the ATS live thread (Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April), he had less than a thousand followers on Twitter. Today, even though he is incredibly unlikely to ever be allowed to log in to that account again... almost 100,000 followers.

Will that notoriety go unnoticed?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

No thanks to the Mainstream News outlets for creating an around of attacks on the Conspiracy Theorists i guess this must be their new accusation now. BTW it was already posted.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

It really is a very telling reflection of the vapid, superficial culture we live in today, isn't it?

But is it weird that I'm actually a little bit relieved by this?

I mean - I've been completely freaked out and dissillusioned by all the absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories people have flooded the internet with over the Boston bombings - but now it actually makes much more sense:

Oh it's just a bunch of clueless 13 year old girls.

I just had no idea there were so many of them on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I don’t care who it is, it just isn’t fair

What I'd say is; you know what? Life isn't fair.

Time to distance ourselves a bit from the Boston bombings ATS, lest we all get grouped together by the MSM as teenyboppers.

edit on 26-4-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Forget about Jahar.

Free Justin Bieber!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I think that no matter what, there'll always be an idol for the young girls to clamor behind. That's the scary part about it. It doesn't matter who it is, as long as they are "cute".

Being indicted by the MSM, though, is something we need to look out for. I do agree he needs a fair trial, with all the evidence presented, then let his fate be decided by a jury. I see the words "alleged" and "suspected" fading more and more from reports.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yes, I've been noticing that too. It's even happening here on ATS. Everyone just assumes he is guilty, yet he hasn't even been tried. I see people calling him subhuman and all sorts of other derogatory names. This makes us no better then the bomber and plays right into their hands. Mob mentality should never be used to convict someone no matter how upset you are. You will only regret your decisions later.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Oh dear. This kinda stuff is distinctly worrying.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the death penalty (even though I do see where the people who do are coming from). But a guy who's shot at people, blown people up and caused a hell of a lot of rucus is a danger to the public and no one should be advocating that someone who is accused of those crimes and very likely did it (well, we at least know he was involved in the shootings!) should be allowed back out into the public without damn good evidence showing otherwise. Especially not kids. Jesus, just coz he has what they would describe as a 'cute' face doesn't make him innocent, does it?

But then all we have to do is take a look at the way the Justin Beiber fans conduct themselves to know how crazy kids can be, I suppose.

Scary, scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Faded Genes

Originally posted by Druid42

I think that no matter what, there'll always be an idol for the young girls to clamor behind. That's the scary part about it. It doesn't matter who it is, as long as they are "cute".

Extra bonus points for being a "bad boy".

So guys, can't find that special someone? No problem.

Just get yourself thrown in prison for a long time without the possibility of parole, and watch the marriage proposals roll in.

P.S. I agree it is wise to abstain from passing judgement in the court of public opinion, especially given all the shenanigans government agencies and prosecutors are already proven (i.e., established in court or via congressional findings) to commit. But sometimes, things are what they seem.

Is that true in this case? We'll probably never know for sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just my .02, but the "It isn't fair" complaint from so many kids these days, including my own, grates on my nerves more than nails on a chalkboard. I think the radio hosts I listen to in the morning on the Bert Show have it right...they call it the "Wussification" of America.

edit on 4/26/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I thought it was his brother that was the mastermind, he was an accomplice for aiding his brother(thru force or whatever influence). Now he is accounted for the murder of everyone now that they killed his brother???

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I thought it was his brother that was the mastermind, he was an accomplice for aiding his brother(thru force or whatever influence). Now he is accounted for the murder of everyone now that they killed his brother???

Conspiring to kill people means that you're accountable for everyone that the conspirators kill -- Terry Nichols was found guilty of 161 counts of first degree murder for the Oklahoma City bombing, even though it was Timothy McVeigh that actually blew up the truck.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

I've been completely freaked out and dissillusioned by all the absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories people have flooded the internet with over the Boston bombings - but now it actually makes much more sense:

Oh it's just a bunch of clueless 13 year old girls.

I just had no idea there were so many of them on ATS.

You know what is scarier??? Conspiracies on a Conspiracy website, how dare they..
Epecially them older ones not truthers and birthers but JFK'rs, the vietnam war is a sham'rs, People who bang on about Gulf of Tonkin and operation Northwoods. People who question the NIST report from 9/11.
How stupid they are.. /Sarcasm deactivated.

My deal is not report anything but question everything reported. A lot on here jump on one fence or the other, I love the middle ground. No smoke without fire but who started the fire etc.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is nothing new hell even Manson had girls who "loved" him.

One thing that doesn't change is it is always disgusting.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
ZOMGs He's SOOOOOOOoooooooooo Dreamy... no way he could have done it...

edit on 26-4-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If anybody would actually like the REAL story on those who support Jahar, do a youtube search for "free Jahar" ofr "Justice for Jahar". You think Gawker would have the REAL story, or the interesting version??

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Imagine if Timothy McVeigh was a little less white and had the Bob Dylan circa '65 fro going on. He could've been an innocent teen idol too!
This is all based on looks. Mother's don't let your daughters grow up to be so shallow. It's very dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join