It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sick Environment Makes Sick People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Why are there so many bombings, shootings, and sick people? If you didn't realize before, then you should realize this by now. Americans have been conditioned to become some of the most cynical and competitive people. Me being one of them. There is no longer compassion for one another, just jealousy and contempt.

I grew up in an environment full of smart individuals who would step on everyone else just to become the next CEO or Governor or neurosurgeon. Some succeeded and some have not.

But in this path to success, my once dear friends have lost their souls and ability to empathize. And just like their parents, these successful individuals will push their own children to become the next 0.01% of America.

Those who did not succeed end up losing hope and purpose to live. Many of these friends have sad outlooks on live. Some of them find salvation in having a family,while others are beyond saving and end up being miserable.

Look at all the people behind the recent tragedies:

James Holmes at the Aurora theater shooting, he was a graduate student.

Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook, homeschooled, autistic, and supposedly intelligent

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, at the Boston Marathon. Dzhokhar was an accomplished wrestler and aspiring dentist. Tamerlan was an accomplished boxer and went to college for engineering.

None of these people were hardened criminals. None of them had a past history of murdering random people.

So what drove these people to "snap?" Do any of you ever have thoughts about just killing a lot of people? Why do these thoughts occur? Why do people have the urge to suddenly kill?

You don't starve in America. You have more freedoms than most people on this planet. You don't see a homeless man going on a shooting rampage because of his situation.

All you see are innocent people caught up in this cycle of hatred that creates hateful people that makes up a hateful environment that creates more sick people.

America may be successful and advanced, but it is not a place for those who cannot handle the pressure. The pressure of being put down by bullies and peers. The pressure to succeed like all your "friends."

No one grows up wanting to be a killer. No one wants to live miserably.

I don't blame these people for what they've done. If I was in their shoes I might have done the same thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We live in a culture that uses fear to control.

Even this site - 95% of the content is based in fear.

The movies you watch, music, art, and even in television. Fear is used to elicit an emotional response - and some just go over the edge. When you begin to understand what is, and why it exists (for control) - the fear goes away. It can be replaced with it's polar opposite love, compassion and understanding - but more often than not it's replaced with anger and resentment and the desire to retaliate against the oppressors. Do you see it everywhere? I do to.

Until that changes. Until fear is no longer used as the catalyst for control - nothing will change and around in the circle we go.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Dear die_another_day,

But the people you mentioned did not grow up in a sick environment, they were sick and twisted all on their own. They did not get a world that they wanted and chose to harm others because of it. While they may not be responsible for the world they grew up in (they could have grown up on the streets in India with no arms), they are responsible for how they respond. You want to see what people can do in extremely unfair circumstances, try watching these videos.

Jack Carroll with his own comedy style - Week 1 Auditions | Britain's Got Talent 2013

No arms.., No legs.., No worries! - Nick Vujicic (HK)

The world can deceive people; but, the people you mentioned were not deceived, they made choices and choices in which other people did not matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

Look at all the people behind the recent tragedies:

*James Holmes at the Aurora theater shooting, he was a graduate student.
*Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook, homeschooled, autistic, and supposedly intelligent
*Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, at the Boston Marathon. Dzhokhar was an accomplished wrestler and aspiring dentist. Tamerlan was an accomplished boxer and went to college for engineering.

what drove these people to "snap?"

All right. I think what is going on is that people who are used to structure in their society and grow up with it, don't necessarily work well in the chaotic social environment of recent years.

Adam Lanza, being autistic, would like structure and might not be able to handle chaos as well.

The Tsarnaev's pretty much admit that the reason they did what they did is because the culture here was too much of a shock to them compared to their homeland.

This doesn't mean the culture here is bad - it means that people who grow up without having to make decisions on their own by thinking about them (because they follow rules without explanations, or rules that are "because I said so" are at a disadvantage.

Also, just because someone is autistic, does not make them dangerous. Same with Muslims. We need to be careful with over-generalizing. Everyone is an individual and not responsible for the crimes made by other people of their race, psychiatric designation, gender, nationality, etc. unless they were involved.
edit on 26-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I don't blame these people for what they've done. If I was in their shoes I might have done the same thing.

Really. Well I do blame them.

And if you believe that you're the sort of person who can accept killing innocent people, then you should seek treatment.

Or what, next week it will be another case, and another set of idiots screaming how you were set up and it's a false flag and blah blah blah...

Fix the problem, if you ARE the problem.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

How about the fact that over 4 billion prescriptions were written in the U.S. in 2012 alone?

How about the fact that antidepressant prescriptions have risen to a nearly 400% increase since 1988?

It seems common sense to me that people making irrational decisions will almost suredly increase with the facts of these stats at play. If people are no longer living naturally and require the use of synthetic drugs, and even foods, to aid in healing, then how can their thought processes and actions be validated to be practicing decision making that comes to us naturally more easily?

I believe we can all agree that drug use hinders clear decision making. It's kind of sad and ironic that such a ever-increasing large percentage of the population seemingly validate drug use so long as it's prescribed by a doctor. If we are going to be practicing a 'War on Drugs,' then it's my opinion that prescription drugs should be public enemy #1.

Drug abuse does not isolate its consequences to social situations or financial status'.
edit on 26-4-2013 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The other day I had to hitch hike to a nearby town ,(bus service really poor) standing on the side of the road as flash new cars zoomed by , most with one person inside. Now I know it's dangerous to me and most wont pick up hitch hikers and I understand that , but hey I am 4 foot 11 with long hair you can see I am female and small.
Not a huge threat.
I was lucky that day on the way up I only waited 10 mins before being picked up and on the way back same.
An older Australian man picked me up coming back and as we talked ,he was saying how Australia has changed there was a time if you where broken down on the side of the road ,people would stop and offer to help. He didn't like the way things are changing and asked me how long I had been waiting .I said not long. I watched the flash cars go by with one person inside and said people were scared to give others a lift and he said the people are getting very greedy selfish and concerned only for themselves. It was sad to see. He went out of his way to drop me right at my door. A real good bloke.
I am not saying to hitch hike ok. but what he said really struck home.

I love nurosurgens (spelling) because they fixed me and saved my life. But that does not mean their children will be as smart as them as intelligence comes in various forms.

I think maybe everyone should be made to do some community work or the like to keep them grounded and remind them when they go home in their posh cars to their posh houses ,That others need their help. 1%

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yes a "sick" environment,especially in one's formative years,can damage one's psyche,very true-BUT you would still have the choice whether you want to take out your inner pain and/or anger,on random people who are in no way responsible for your state of mind/crippled life.Strangers who may have problems of their own,and don't even know you exist,and may even have sympathised with you,had they known you.

There are people all over the world who grew up in/are in/has always been in, truly sickening,at best dismaying circumstances-and we don't see them "snap" and go on murdering/bombing sprees.If everyone living with inner pain,stress and anger,however justified,had to decide:"Ok,today some folks gonna pay for my pain/stress/unhappiness" we would've had a scenario from 28Days Later,all over the world,every day.A "Falling Down" day,every day,in every city,hamlet and town.

Much of what makes people so stressed out,can be attributed to ungratefulness for what they Do have-and ALLOWING others,or even themselves, to pressure them,into feeling they have to live up to society's/some one else's Shallow,Materialistic standards.Also severely messed up priorities,and a good dose of unnecessary self-pity,imo.

new topics

top topics

join