It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Genius Guy Created a Robot to Steal from Vending Machines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

Seems like a common thief to me, nothing genius about it. Who was it that said earlier it's about the prinicple?

I suspect he doesn't actually steal sodas, but is rather showing off his robot skills in a creative manner... maybe a school project or something like that. Of course, I can't understand a word he is saying in the video.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by drneville
Very nicely made...
Seems a bit odd... spending a few 100 bucks to get a 1 dollar soda

Not really.

Sell the sodas for 50c.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Okay, so people are excited for a thief?

He is smart enough to create a device to steal from people, yet not smart enough to apply his brain power to legal ventures?
He is nothing more then a punk thief.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by Bybyots

I haven't seen Blade Runner yet, but I agree this little robot can become useful.
Second line needed.

Stop putting "second line needed" after your posts please...

sigh

He probably misunderstood the rule about one liners. He's a new member, take it easy on him.

Great find, I think it's pretty cool. S&F.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
His efforts would have been better spent in trying to attract a wealthy girl friend to buy him sodas. Plus all the extra benefits rich girl friends have to offer like concert tickets, green fees, nice apartments, and sex.

I guess I'll never understand the geek mind........

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Or you could just give the machine a shake. Did that a few times at college when I paid for something and the item (typically a large bag of crisps) would jam. When someone else had experienced the same problem, I'd buy one of the items above and two for the price of one

It may or may not be related, but around 7 US marines are killed each year from vending machines falling on top of them each year

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It would have been much cooler to just pick the lock.

I can get into most Coke machines in about 30 seconds. This guy could take ALL the drinks, and the money too.

Grant you, it's not as technical as a robot, but it does have a high coolness factor.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join