It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Genius Guy Created a Robot to Steal from Vending Machines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The random videos and webpages you find can be just out of this world. I love how people can be creative enough to create a robot to steal sodas from a vending machine. Something to watch when you're bored and have a lot of time on your hands.

Source

You could use measuring tape to steal a can of soda from a vending machine but if you're a genius, why not just invent a freaking robot to do the dirty work for you? This guy did just that. He inserts his robot inside the vending machine and controls it to grab as many sodas as possible. Awesome.

French YouTube user ioduremetallique proves that when you know your way around robotics, puny human rules just don't apply to you. Basically, the robot has a levitating arm that can grab a can of soda and drop it down the vending machine for free. It's controlled by a gamepad and though it isn't exactly practical, well, genius solves everyday problems in different ways.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That thing is going to be useful for gun vending machines once everyone moves off-planet to Kepler-62e, and things go totally Bladerunner.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Very nicely made...
Seems a bit odd... spending a few 100 bucks to get a 1 dollar soda

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

It's the principle. Not the factor of the prices haha.
Second line needed.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
what if you want a flavor from the top.. and technically you can only take the ones from the front row since it cant move back far enough to get the second row ones..

So i guess you could get like 5 or so free sodas but you would be better off just shop lifting since you will get inot just as much trouble but could steal better stuff shop lifting.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I haven't seen Blade Runner yet, but I agree this little robot can become useful.
Second line needed.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Yes, you're right. It would be more logical to steal from a store. To get something better. But if you don't care what flavor than I guess it makes sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OK,

It's a diet coke. Really?

Go to Japan and do this:

Then I'm impressed.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

whoa! Now, that is what I call awesome. It's like an elevator for your car! Thanks for sharing Jude!
Second line needed.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by jude11

whoa! Now, that is what I call awesome. It's like an elevator for your car! Thanks for sharing Jude!
Second line needed.

Nope,

They are buying these cars from a vending machine.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drneville
Very nicely made...
Seems a bit odd... spending a few 100 bucks to get a 1 dollar soda

My thoughts exactly.
Maybe for his next trick he will begin printing counterfeit one dollar bills.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Bybyots

I haven't seen Blade Runner yet, but I agree this little robot can become useful.
Second line needed.

Stop putting "second line needed" after your posts please...

sigh

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
He must be the thirstiest Frenchman in the country.
That or the most bored.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sorry. But i thought you're superposed to if your sentence or paragraph wasn't long enough.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The random videos and webpages you find can be just out of this world. I love how people can be creative enough to create a robot to steal sodas from a vending machine.
Cool, but wouldn't it be better to put all that brainpower to use making something that's not illegal?

Originally posted by jude11
Nope,

The title of the video puts a question mark after that asking if it's a vending machine, and I think the answer is no, it looks like just a parking garage.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The random videos and webpages you find can be just out of this world. I love how people can be creative enough to create a robot to steal sodas from a vending machine.
Cool, but wouldn't it be better to put all that brainpower to use making something that's not illegal?

Originally posted by jude11
Nope,

The title of the video puts a question mark after that asking if it's a vending machine, and I think the answer is no, it looks like just a parking garage.

I've lived in Japan.

Trust me.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
LOL thats pretty funny and cool at the same time someone actually went to the effort to make that. Kudos to him.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A great example of someone not giving in when they want something.

Its a shame the French didn't have that way of thinking in the second world war.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Seems like a common thief to me, nothing genius about it. Who was it that said earlier it's about the prinicple?

This isnt even stealing from a big faceless company, this is stealing from your dorm-mates or co-workers, now whoever wants a soda has to pay twice to get one.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Sorry. But i thought you're superposed to if your sentence or paragraph wasn't long enough.

The rule is to discourage everyone from leaving one line posts. They want at least two sentences. You really don't have to have two lines, but a mod may slap you on the wrist if they happen to notice your post, or you make a habit of posting only one liners.

Just don't make a habit of posting one liners all the time, and you don't have to add second line to your posts.

ON-TOPIC:

So what happens if a security guard sees you with handy robot tinkering inside a pop machine? To me, it's not worth the risk. Why not invent something worthwhile?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join