It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN ireport: Face of Jesus while Alive, discovered on Shroud of Tourin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This will never make it to mainstream news they hate positive Shroud discoveries

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

OP if the face is with eyes open that means you can see his pupils. Christ is alive more
than anyone that says he isn't. And not because of his burial shroud, but because he is
God in the flesh.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Can you prove anybodys existence from 200 years ago, definitely? Aside from written words?

Yes, most definitely. There can be many other things that corroborate the existence of historical figures.

Look it doesnt matter if you dont believe Jesus ever existed, my point is that historical evidence supports He did exist and to contradict that is a little strange

I agree that there could have been a (ordinary, non magical) man who walked the earth at that time, of which the resulting mythology could have been based around. This is one possibility and one that many scholars see as likely, for various reasons (not really having to do with genuine historical record). Though I don't see how it has been demonstrated that there definitely was such a person. Which is my point.

There are good scholarly arguments against historicity. The links below provide the basics of one such argument and also go into why this field of scholars (the real scholars, not the religious delusionals masquerading as such) could be somewhat remiss in the acceptance that there probably was a person behind the myth. All sourced and backed by a secular (possibly atheist) scholar with a Ph.D in ancient history, who also used to accept that Christ was probably based on a historical person. Until he looked further into it..... (there are other with reasonable arguments also).

Though possibly made more difficult to be taken seriously in light of many seemingly less informed/valid works floating around, such as some of those associated with "zietgeist" and the like, which it shouldn't be confused with. Though to be fair, there also seems equivalent rubbish from some sections of the "scholarly" community in opposition.

The hypothesis that Christ is a euhemerization has merit IMO.

www.richardcarrier.info...

www.youtube.com...

Christianity is a faith, belief in Christ the Messiah and His nature is a faith. To believe He didnt exist at all though!

I agree with the first part, it seems reasonable and honest. The second part seems like a bit of an (incorrect) assumption. I doubt such a person's historical existence and (as a personal opinion) I even see it as unlikely for many reasons apart from the lack of historical sources. Though I don't completely discount it, or pretend to know definitively.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's a fake...The image is exposed on the fabric as two dimensional for starters. If it was wrapped around a dead persons face it would look entirely different in contour and directional aspects. Any artists would see that immediately.

The theory that the image was made using the burn of a camera obscura seems most plausible to me... and Leonardo was employed by the Medici and that Papal line were known for creating marketing gimmicks for the Catholic church.... the business needed a boost in sales at the time.

.... and I reckon the entire video is fake. The guy is wanting sponsorship to buy new camera equipment.
edit on 30-4-2013 by LexiconV because: ... critical thinking bell went off.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
It's a fake...The image is exposed on the fabric as two dimensional for starters. If it was wrapped around a dead persons face it would look entirely different in contour and directional aspects. Any artists would see that immediately.

The theory that the image was made using the burn of a camera obscura seems most plausible to me... and Leonardo was employed by the Medici and that Papal line were known for creating marketing gimmicks for the Catholic church.... the business needed a boost in sales at the time.

.... and I reckon the entire video is fake. The guy is wanting sponsorship to buy new camera equipment.
edit on 30-4-2013 by LexiconV because: ... critical thinking bell went off.

Not "burn". There is no evidence of burnt fibre. Instead, the image is confined to the surface. It is photo-chemical, caused by light passing through a camera obscura striking a linen cloth that had been impregnated with a photochemical like silver nitrate. That's why the image is a photographic negative. The image on the back of the cloth discovered by an Italian physicist several years ago was a trial run performed to test whether an image would form on the cloth.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Davinci .camera obscura your desperate I think. Its been provan that a photograph even an cheap obscura is 2d. The Shroud is not even a photograph its a 3d holograph. And the obscura theory was thrown out its madness as you do not invent a photograph not knowing how to see it, the tail before the dog

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Wasn't everyone wrapped in a shroud in those days?

Isn't there even one shroud hanging about to make a comparison with the shroud of Turin?

Isn't it believed that since Jesus had only the DNA of Mary he looked rather feminine, or, just like his mother?

Why two faces on one shroud?

Questions, questions!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The youtuber discoverer has added a comment defending himself
'' I did not fake this clip or any photographs. Angular Filming magnification is a simple scientific process I worked on in 2009. It is a new form of negative film processing where tilting back the lcd laptop screen on a negative image converts it to a positive and any positive image when tilted turns into a negative. It is more advanced than normal negative film processing because the light illumination from the screen reveals more details. In the clip there is no CGI or photoshop either ''

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

In fact, a shroud laid on a living face looks like this:

What you're looking at with the Shroud of Turin is a cloth laid on a shallow bas relief of some kind.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by tropic

I have only one question regarding this story. Even if this is proved authentic, how do we actually know it is the face of Jesus? (as opposed to some random person from history).

The Church has always peddled in fakes. For instance, back in the Middle Ages, at least 6 churches across Europe claimed to have the Holy Grail (and had pilgrimages). I have also lost track of the amount of nails from the "true cross". If they are all correct then that was one hell of a mighty cross!

Basically, is there anything (apart from the Church) to actually corroborate that this is the actual burial shroud of Christ? I just find the whole thing highly dubious considering they can't even agree where he was buried.

Mike Tyson had the right cross...
(just sayin')

There are some 30,000 different Christian sects all claiming to have the one true version of the truth..
funny though that "our Lord Amen " is a hyroglyph which actually referese to king Menes the first pharoh of both upper and lower egypt...( as above so below )...

Maybe since Menes ( also known as king Minos among other names in various languages of the day) was real, perhaps the shroud belongs to him?

Star that Lex and Blue, interesting observation. ( really I love that sort of post on any subject anytime)
IMHO
Star Randy, regardless of true or not one can always respect one who walks the walk...which (I think) is the best testiment to Jesus' existance that I have seen
edit on 30-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Davinci chopped someones head off its simple and photographed it in 3d with the eyes open. The fire in Rome 500 years ago was a false Rome flag attack so they could get the nuns to sew a backing cloth so no one would ever find the second face. Guilio Fanti who discovered the red stains in 2002 is actually Vincenzo Giovanni Ruello

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Originally posted by borntowatch

Can you prove anybodys existence from 200 years ago, definitely? Aside from written words?

Yes, most definitely. There can be many other things that corroborate the existence of historical figures.

Who

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have often wondered if...just being in the presence of the shroud effects people in a psychological way...the prospect of coming face to face with Jesus would be a hugely emotional thing if a researcher was a believer in his teachings (one wouldn't have to be a religious fanatic to feel this overwhelming presence). I also wondered if anything supernatural has ever occurred in it's vicinity.

Does anyone know of any anecdotal evidence??

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Let me start by saying I believe Jesus is God, and I believe Jesus is resurrected.

Scoffs from the readers. You won't be scoffing when you bow before the resurrected Jesus.

My personal spiritual feeling toward the Shroud of Turin is this...

God did not leave behind the Ark of the Covenant, we can't feel and touch and see the original stone tablets the finger of God wrote the 10 commandments on, or the higher commandments that Moses broke, these are supposedly inside the Ark of the Covenant.

God did not leave behind a Shroud. Why? Because God knew, idiots would turn any object like the Ark or the Shroud into idol worship, it's as if believers in the Shroud have little faith in Jesus but great faith in an object instead of Jesus.

I know, I've met someone who believed in the Shroud, do you know what they said? They said they no longer believe in the Bible, yet believe in the Shroud.

Mock and scoff, but the Shroud is a Hoax, it is Bogus, it is there to draw people away, to encourage false faith, it's as authentic as Mary Toast in my opinion, and I believe my opinion will be proven one day.

Even if it is proven that it is 'supernatural' it doesn't mean it's from God, the devil has concocted plenty of Mary visions and appearances, to lead astray the followers of God, to worship Mary, the worship of the mother of the Son of God is blasphemous in the eyes of God.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

This is a ...HOAX...

The alive photographic face of Jesus Christ was discovered in 2013 by the experimental film scientist Vincenzo Giovanni Ruello in the second face on the back of the Shroud of Turin.

This "scientist" that discovered the face is a BANNED member on ATS...see below...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This "experimental film scientist" found his discovery by tilting his computer screen at an angle.

Using angular filming by tilting back the LCD screen and then rephotographing and magnifying has revealed...

edit on 1-5-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by malchir
Let me start by saying I believe Jesus is God, and I believe Jesus is resurrected.

Scoffs from the readers. You won't be scoffing when you bow before the resurrected Jesus.

Why would i bow?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thanks for sharing that link.
Amazing what you can see when you tilt the screen a bit!

I see no one can help me with my question either - how do they know the Turin Shroud is actually associated with Jesus at all? I can guarantee the tomb where it was found didn't have "Jesus" written on the side...........

And the fact they are currently arguing about excavations of hill side tomb sites in Jerusalem where it is "possible" that Jesus was buried (if he existed) means that surely the shroud can't have anything to do with Jesus.

I mean think about it people.......if they haven't found or excavated his tomb, how can they have his burial shroud? I know he allegedly performed miracles but somehow i don't see him making his burial shroud free itself from his tomb, dig its way through rock and then find its way to the Church.......or maybe i am just cynical!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Its not a hoax there is a big conspiracy against this scientists work
edit on 1-5-2013 by abbey7777 because:
he has now revealed the process from youtube

'' I use angular filming from the laptop lcd screen, been developing this technique for 4 years. The principle is simple,negative photographs when tilted back convert to positives and visa versa. To obtain these images you first need to convert the original red stains discovered by Fanti and Maggiolo in 2002 to a negative unless you do this tilting back the screen on the original red stains reveals nothing.

I used the black and white negative which was from Fantis original pdf manuscript but several exist in google images. Its tricky but once you get the hang of it the images commence to appear. Tilt back the black and white negative about 45 degrees to start, immediately you will see some details appear. These blueish images took 4 angular filmings before the holographic face appeared. Angular filming can be filmed from directly in front or from the sides. I then placed one of the best blue coloured images in a black filter to reduce glare as seen in 2 of the images in the clip

One day my work will be peer reviewed and authenticated and i will have the last laugh.
''
edit on 1-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

<< 1   >>

join