It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover the Agent Used in Gulf Spill Cleanup Is Destroying Marine Life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
lol no not really my sons doing the charter boats just until he finishes collage .
And he has annuity as well so if it all shut down tomorrow it wouldn't effect him.
anyway all the other people here 200k worth arnt fishing they just eat them still emergency rooms are empty .
Cry in your spilled cortex if you must .
Lord man if for one mint I thought the gulf was nearly as poisoned as you make out you think Id want my son working in it??
You must be one of those ppl who will do anything for money hu .
My sons health is worth more then the few bucks he makes fishing .yea I eat the fish here I am alive and totally healthy hum .Shouldn't I be dead??
once more for all you slow readers THERE have been NO eyeless shrimp cought here There have been NO eyeless crabs with no claws caught ether .
these animals could NOT eat that suggest if they had been born they would have died right off .
But hey you believe a guy tells you a CLAWLESS EYELESS crab can feed its self!
DAAAA a crab without claws will STARVE get a clue.

edit on 26-4-2013 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

Did you even read the info I presented? If you had, you wouldn't still be going on about eyeless crabs.
Sheesh!
At least your son is going to collage (sic). Sure hope it gets him somewhere, but that's proving to be a racket, too.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If Corexit was/is so safe, then why has its use been banned in other countries. Folks that say ALL the fish and shrimp are fine know this how....they go out daily and examine every bit of sea food caught and examine it themselves? Once it's on the restaurant table, I'm sure any "flaws" have been removed and the batter/breading/fried grease/sauces all make it look great and yummie. Folks that eat it...good luck. Untoward health results do not always show up immediately....don't need people dieing in the streets to prove it is unsafe. Time will tell. Just as a drunk will not necessarily show signs of liver damage right away from the toxins, eventually the liver does. Many chemical poisons and toxins work that way. You may feel fine today but the future may not be so bright up ahead. Maybe it will though, your kids won't have to invest in night lights in the future...mommie eating all that toxic fish will have a nice green glow about her.

Folks wanna swim in the Gulf or in Florida and eat the fish, enjoy. It may take some time for liver/kidney and other damage to show up but it will. Banning it elsewhere should be a warning/wake up call to folks but if not...oh well. I live in Louisiana and feel like some folks are getting ill from all that has transpired here. The oil alone was bad enough and the Corexit just added trouble. Some folks are presenting with blood abnormalties, bleeding from orifices, skin problems and more. Enough time has passed where problems will start to show up more and more...as well as in the future. Problems showing up quicker in Louisiana where it all occurred but other farther away areas like Florida will have their problems in time.

Those that champion what has been done and see no harm from it will learn the hard way down the line. Again, it has been banned elsewhere for a reason. Corexit is one giant experiment and we may never be made aware of the final outcome. Only personal suffering will be telling. As far as law suits relevant to the disaster....yeah, right. Folks in the Gulf have gained very little in their efforts along those lines. They are not getting rich or even helped in many cases. A very small percentage of folks were helped minimally and then no more progessing relevant to that scenario so no one here is gaining from it all but folks are suffering. So cheer leaders for Corexit, enjoy your fish and beaches and time will tell.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Exactly!
Does anyone else see a pattern emerging?
Europe bans corexit and Monsanto as well as making it illegal to not label GMO food, but the US doesn't do any of these things. Hmm. Sounds a bit suspect to me. It's as though they don't care about their cattle, er, people one bit!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

Hell yes it is a big deal. We'll be seeing the effects of Corexit for the next few years while it does it's thing and travels around the waters poisoning the oceans and the waters of the world. Then the US government can step in and sell us sheeple 'good water' at premium prices. That's why the US government has projects going on as we speak where they are placing themselves globally at the last few places on earth which have good natural water. They are removing all the good water and stockpiling it to sell back to the sheeple, us!!

In a couple of years water will cost more than oil. We can't drink oil.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
About half of the replies so far are seriously missing the point here.
Yes, we knew corexit was wrong approach but the OP source says that and most importantly the study gives scientific evidence admissible in court...where BP will lose big-time. It takes time building real evidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Gosh, it only took them 3 years to announce what's been known and seen by everyone else all along.

Gold star for their academic accomplishment post-haste.

You hit the nail right on the head....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by 727Sky

No surprise here, they dumped that chemical in without any knowledge to what it could do... When you scramble to solve a major problem, you're prone to overlooking things and thats when mistakes happen... I feel horrible for the marine life down there...

It was a bad situation and there was no good solution. Now we have another virtually dead body of water. Another example of Corporate Profit at Public Expense (financial, ecological, moral). BP externalized the cost (only about 1 million dollars) of a valve that could have prevented this catastrophe. BP limit of liability in this case (xx millions or billions I can't recall) is completely inadequate to cover the costs - WHO PAYS - WE DO and OUR CHILDREN DO.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightstar

My sons health is worth more then the few bucks he makes fishing .yea I eat the fish here I am alive and totally healthy hum .Shouldn't I be dead??

Like radiation, other poisons can kill directly and quickly or more often indirectly and slowly. An example is lead poisoning - a very simple example that took years to track down. Lead is a simple single source poison. Modern poisons and emissions are often part of a complex web of cause and effect.

No you shouldn't be dead today - but this will contribute to your earlier then necessary death in some, as yet, unknown fashion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Fish from Ensenada Mexico and Hawaii are the safe...mahi mahi, swordfish, tuna, giant squid.

Nope - the higher up aquatic food chain a fish or mammal is the more concentrated the heavy metals (i.e. mercury), other poisions and radionuclides are.

We've made the biological cradle of life into a cresspool of death. Thanks Corporate Greed and exploitation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join