It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happened while we were all looking at Boston?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've seen bits and pieces mentioned in the Mega threads, but any discussion or compilation of facts gets lost amidst all the theorizing and arguing - which is why Governments around the world wait till just these sorts of moments to pass dubious laws and release embarrassing information.

So to kick this off here's my two:

CISPA - the one everyone knows about - it's only just coming to light that the Boston Bombings were actually cited as one of the reasons why this needed to be passed! Anyone whos active in the online petitions will know that previous times this or its sister bill were floated there was a lot of stuff going round to get it pulled - not so much this time round though...
Thankfully it didn't get through the Sennate so YAY for common sense!

The second big one which I've barely seen mentioned is this: www.infowars.com... basically removing any checks and balances on insider trading for Congressman - not quite sure how that doesn't create a conflict of interest personally...
I'm fairly certain there was a third dubious act pushed through about this time... but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Any sources other than infowars? I don't really trust it all too much. One of the drawbacks of trusting very few people is that I don't trust most of those out in the open Conspiracy theoris as well. Especially Alex Jones. While I don't think he's working against us I do think he is a very poor example and voice for we the theorists

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

Yeah, it's just the first thign that came up when I searched for it

Here's a google search for it (doesn't show up unless you add April to the string last I tried):

www.google.com...:en-US:unofficial&client=seamonkey-a

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Notice it got pretty quiet in North Korea? Guess it seemed a bad idea to mess with the U.S. when it was all riled up.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well I'll be damned. That is some seriously effed up stuff. But luckily things will be escalating more and more. And when the balloon pops we'll all be there to pick up the pieces and hopefully build a new and better world

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Notice it got pretty quiet in North Korea? Guess it seemed a bad idea to mess with the U.S. when it was all riled up.

Well they could be taking advantage of the distraction. When fighting an enemy stronger than you wait til they are distracted to strike

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thats a good point! Come to think of it, hadn't it been revealed towards the end that basically it all started when the North Korean Ambassador pointed out that they were still technically at war with the south and the US and a mistranslation turned that into a declaration of war?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well let's not write 'em off so quickly. Never underestimate or take your eye off the enemy

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

Yeah it's definitely a region you can never take your eye off!
A nation capable of sending a submarine to kidnap a director so the ruler can make his own Godzilla film can do anything! en.wikipedia.org...
(also goes to show that much as people take the piss out of their subs, they can actually evade detection long enough to do something useful)
edit on 25-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: addinig a quick aside

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i haven't heard anything from the new pope lately.
i wonder what the hell he's up to?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
things I've noticed/read:

Gold and the markets.
Bush, Obama, others supposedly brought up on wars crimes charges?

The 'gun debate' wedge issue BS as of late has taken a back seat along with the ammo shortage coverage. Both of which may be understandable during this media frenzy.

Wasn't there some hardcore oil spillage going on shortly before?

On the flip side, the void has been filled by the opposite rhetoric as a result of this boston marathon;
That one dude for governor who's trying to sound like one of us, speaking about the bombing as a false flag etc... Strange and interesting.
All kinds of people being exposed to the concept of a false flag are becoming informed and returning to events like 9/11 with fresh eyes.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well there was also an American Spy caught in Venezuela fermenting a bit of post election unrest

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And yet another incredibly dodgy one, the Monsanto Protection act:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Almost like they saved up all the really worrying legislation for this point. Quite worrying when you look at what Obama passed, what exactly changed?
edit on 27-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

top topics

join