It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The red line has been crossed" McCain and Feinstein urge swift action

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If America goes in, it will be reviled as an interloper and imperialist nation.

If America does not go in, it will be seen as weak and innefectual as a player in the global game.

I say we go in. . . . to the refugee centers and airlift food, water, shelter, meds to those that have suffered by both sides.

Screw the rest of the world, let's just help those that really need it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm with Beezer
It is essentially an internal conflict and a couple of dodgy photo's does not constitute proof IMHO.

Cody

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think it should be pretty clear by now nothing is going get the US or the West to send troops into Syria. While no fly zones or some air strikes are possible at the extreme end of the spectrum but, far more likely arming the rebels will be end result if that.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Sit it out.

The blowback from our involvement in another ME issue is not worth the price.

We have no real security interests over there so I say let happen what will, they can deal with it themselves. Syria is kind of Russia territory anyways.

Agreed. The ruling government wants us dead, and the rebels are frickin' Al Queda! If anything, we should be giving them BOTH weapons to kill each other and be rid of more folks who just want us dead....
Even our leadership isn't clear on which side to be on....when the real answer is neither!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Either way, it'll be the "West" who gets demonised no matter what happens and we'll get the blowback...

We're damned if we intervene, we're damned if we don't... The world expects us in the West to act, but when we do we're "evil imperialists".. We got chastised for doing nothing in Bosnia or Rwanda, but then get vilified for Kosovo and elsewhere...

All the while, Russia and China are laughing. Despite the fact they are supposed to be UNSC members and interested in peace as much as the next man, they are quite happy for us to take all the blame while they too sit and do nothing (or arm the other side) and no-one ever bats an eyelid. It's always the West's fault...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

As they should be ,being the "worlds police" the US govt (and allies) chose to have the spot light on them which has been quite revealing in my opinion,instead of preventing crime they've been causing it!
If other countries had done "nothing" this conflict would have been over a long time ago.
edit on 26-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
I tend to agree with both of you.

I just really wish a Arab country would step up to the plate. If they started policing their sphere of influence, we would never have a excuse to get involved.

Thats a good point but the problem is with Saudi Arabia which has loads of weapons which it buys from the USA, UK etc.. is that they are not allowed to attack another muslim country. Its something to do with them holding the seat of Mecca and the birthplace of islam.

They have to use "terrorists" and "freedom fighters" to attack other muslim countrys. or as in the case of Iraq get the USA to do it for them!!

english.al-akhbar.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Russia is not going to fall for this, they know NATO nations and the US want to take out Assad. They saw what happened in Libya and how they were tricked into believing "intervention" was the best thing to do. They won't be easily fooled again.

Especially not since all the reports have been coming in about how half or more then half the terrorists...I mean "rebels" are linked with Al Qaeda. That US vet who went over to help those terrorists...I mean "rebels" blew the lid off it when he posted pics of all those Al Qaeda members and told of how involved they were in the Syrian Civil War.

This would be a bad bad idea to jump into. Like jumping into a volcano just to see if it is really hot...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

you do make good points and McCain has been the war hunger for some time now as i pointed it out here www.abovetopsecret.com...

yes it is but we are slow to act, but then you have John McCain saying go and go now ,what a war hunger person he has become , true colors do show in time.
Can not say "Thank the good lord his not the POTUS" enough, what does get me is why the now , could they know something we do not know?,

I think we should sit this one out and let the cards fall, for we will being going head to head with Un , shortly... ok with in 6 months, we do not need a 2 front war Syria Iran Egypt Pakistan Iraq Afghanistan, and the North Korea.

NATO and the UN can handle Syria they do not need the US to take the lead, yes we are part of NATO , there is a difference of taken the lead and being a part of a force.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well, if we're going to get the blowback either way...then let's do it WITHOUT spending billions of dollars there? Hmm?

I can't see how we can gain politically in getting involved with either side of this. I actually think we'll gain more ME clout by NOT being involved, and standing aside. Not much, but a little bit.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yep. I think shows the Obama administration will do anything they can to keep from getting involved. Now the "red line" has been crossed and they are already backtracking. Its more like a "pink line". The world is providing all sorts of evidence, European leaders and Arab countries are calling for action and the US is ummm making excuses like "we we have seen evidence but its not enough evidence" yadda yadda yadda.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

More like the American people are going to expect and demand more concrete evidence before getting involved in yet another war,wev'e lost alot of good people in wars with bs excuses lately ,enough i say
Besides it would add insult to injury considering Obama's empty promise to bring the boys home from Afghanistan just to send them to Syria.We have smartened up Since Iraq and he knows it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Link

GHASSAN HITTO: We are certain that this regime has used chemical weapons against the Syrian people.

HOLLY WILLIAMS: The White House says that it still needs conclusive evidence.

GHASSAN HITTO: President Obama, with all due respect for him, the price of the first child who died in Daraa is far more important than waiting for conclusive evidence of the use of chemical weapons for him to do something. That was too much of a price for the Syrian people and too much of a price to be placed on the conscience of America ... we are not asking for boots on the ground. We are not asking for any US soldiers, or any British soldiers, or any foreign soldiers to come in and put their lives at risk.
CBS

HOLLY WILLIAMS: Give me some specifics. What do you want from the US Government?

GHASSAN HITTO: What we need from the US is surgical strikes of all the launching pads of Scud missiles. These locations are known to the intelligence community. That's one. We need the establishment of a no-fly zone. We need safe passages to be established so we can deliver aid to the Syrian people more effectively and more regularly.

Ghassan Hitto

Ghassan is as American as apple pie. What would be his motives for these attacks? Maybe he really is just a stepping stone to another U.S. puppet government.
edit on 26-4-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
More like Obama is a Muslim sympathist and the US is going to stay as light as it possibly can in the middle east relative to the past (while placating some but disappointing others with token acts) as long as he is in office.

Originally posted by all2human

More like the American people are going to expect and demand more concrete evidence before getting involved in yet another war,wev'e lost alot of good people in wars with bs excuses lately ,enough i say
Besides it would add insult to injury considering Obama's empty promise to bring the boys home from Afghanistan just to send them to Syria.We have smartened up Since Iraq and he knows it.

edit on 26-4-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Are they positive that the government there used these weapons? Could the movement gotten ahold of some of these materials and made it appear that way to gain backing in their efforts? This is a hard call to make. Things are not always what they appear in this world. I'll leave that stuff up to the ones who run the country. Hopefully they do a better job than the Bush Administration did with their WMD interpretation in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Is that why his govt is still bombing muslims via drones
In Pakistan,Africa,Afghanistan..i could go on

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I find it interesting that they have confirmed the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons right after it was learned that Syrian forces have finally conquered the area that was the supply route for weapons to the rebels for months. The Syrian armed forces are poised to retake other rebel-controlled areas. Bashar al Assad has been winning this war for several weeks. He is getting close to complete victory.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

NATO and the UN can handle Syria they do not need the US to take the lead, yes we are part of NATO , there is a difference of taken the lead and being a part of a force.

Erm the only countrys in NATO that have projection capabilities are the usa, uk and france and the uk is a spent force for a couple of years due to the whole being a very good us allie and doing alot of dirty work already.

So basicaly your left with france....

O italy and spain have some projection capabilitys but they are broke ( litrally) and there armed forces next to obsolete.

O you have the moden german army but us brits and you yanks told them after the whole wwII thing they cant deploy military assets outside Germany...... so options are limited.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

IA-controlled Al Qaeda operatives in Syria are reporting Israeli war planes have began bombing Syria to destroy targets claimed to be chemical weapons plants. The bombings occurred over the weekend as the corporate media has gone into full-spin propaganda push to drum up support for military intervention claiming Syria crossed a red-line by using chemical weapons. The tailspin of rhetoric comes as the CIA has admitted it is arming Al Qaeda and hackers recently reveal the US hired mercanaries to use chemical weapons in Syria so it could be blamed on the government.
______beforeitsnews/war-and-conflict/2013/04/israel-uses-wmds-as-excuse-to-bomb-syria-2446482.html

The Free Syrian Army (FSA) reports that Israeli fighter jets slipped into Damascus over the weekend and bombed a chemical weapons depot outside the city. Neither Damascus nor Jerusalem have yet confirmed the attack, according to UPI. According to The Jewish Press (JP) "many" reports came in over the weekend confirming the mission. Sources told the JP Israeli jets arrived over Damascus early Saturday morning and circled Assad's presidential compound before moving on to target the weapons site. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Haven't found much on this yet, maybe true may be not.

edit on 30-4-2013 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Kind of ties into this...seems things are moving towards more involvement for us here, not less.....

security.blogs.cnn.com...

The Pentagon has in recent days stepped up planning for potential military intervention in the Syrian civil war, specifically because of growing evidence the regime may have used chemical weapons, CNN has learned.

"There is intensified planning in the works as more precise information comes in on the Syrian regime's potential use of chemical weapons and the body of evidence grows," a senior administration official said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join