It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The red line has been crossed" McCain and Feinstein urge swift action

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a very different song then the one that was being told to us yesterday. At that time it seemed highly speculative that the weapons were used. Now two sources are being quoted.

Secretary of State John Kerry further confirmed that there were two documented instances of chemical weapons use.

McCain and Feinstein, seem to be beating the war drums. The White house may be taking a wait and see attitude. Are these conflicting statements a dog and pony show to push the White Houses agenda? Is congress hyping the talk so the Pres. can acted forced?

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate intelligence committee, were among those urging swift action.

I don't know for sure (none of us ever will). But what should be done IF chemical weapons were used by Syria. Should we still sit it out, should we move in , or should we let somebody else take the lead

source

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sit it out.

The blowback from our involvement in another ME issue is not worth the price.

We have no real security interests over there so I say let happen what will, they can deal with it themselves. Syria is kind of Russia territory anyways.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree with Hope....
There will be some heavry international blowback.....
Theres no way intervention is called for at this time by anyone....
This all leads right back to an Iran attack if you ask me...they are stll pushing that same agenda......

Id bet they are salivating at the thought of pushing the whole middle east over the edge.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
John McCain sure went from War Hero of a previous era to one of the most ardent warmongers in Washington, didn't he? He's awful quick to tell the administration how they can or cannot interrogate a man ...but going to war which will kill thousands if not tens of thousands? Oh, well now that's just statistics to him apparently.

Maybe what we need here is an upper age limit to serve in Congress at ALL. If you're old enough to likely die of old age before the short term results of your BAD judgement must be suffered, you're TOO old to be making those decisions. McCain needed a ticket to the retirement home on his last election! Instead, he got 6 more years to help screw our nation into the ground. Oh Arizona...what did we ever do to you?? Janet and John ... Really. Arizona must outright hate the US for what they've sent to Federal leadership.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I tend to agree with both of you.

I just really wish a Arab country would step up to the plate. If they started policing their sphere of influence, we would never have a excuse to get involved.

My main worry if that happen would be Israel.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

President Obama has said the verified use of chemical weapons by the regime would be a "red line" and a "game-changer" for U.S. and international military intervention in the Syrian civil war.
Link

What exactly are we doing in Syria again? Don't we provide aid to the regime and the rebels at the same time?

The United Nations says the war in Syria, which began as peaceful protests that turned violent when Assad tried to crush the revolt, has claimed more than 70,000 lives.

"Children are among the ones who suffer most," Amos said. "Children have been murdered, tortured and subjected to sexual violence. Many do not have enough food to eat. Millions have been traumatized by the horrors ... This brutal conflict is not only shattering Syria's present, it is destroying its future."
Link

I'm confused...

edit on 25-4-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

They want to kill people and insall a puppet goverment
edit on 25-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

"The red line has been crossed" McCain and Feinstein urge swift action

What the Red line may look like:

Syrian Central Bank

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

They want to kill people and insall a puppet goverment.

Pshaw... When *DON'T* they want to kill people and install a puppet government?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thank Goddess John McCain made the stupidest mistake of any major presidential nominee in U.S. history by choosing an incompetent to run with him, and thus assured his defeat. If McCain had been in the oval office since 2009 the world would be in flames and pressure cookers would be the least of our worries.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ummm, this is looking very serious now. The UK, France and Israel have all confirmed their backing.Just heard it on BBC News.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Maybe it would better if these two reps worried about their states more, and little less about Syria.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Thank Goddess John McCain made the stupidest mistake of any major presidential nominee in U.S. history by choosing an incompetent to run with him, and thus assured his defeat. If McCain had been in the oval office since 2009 the world would be in flames and pressure cookers would be the least of our worries.

I ONLY voted for McCain because of Palin.

Never trusted McCain, but he would have been better than Obama. Not saying much because anyone could have done a better job.

I expect a lot of huffing and puffing from the administration over this. Maybe write a nasty letter, maybe crying to the UN, but not much else. Decision making is not one of Obama's strong points.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So the concensus is for intervention is it?
hardly surprising....
The only real shocking part is how utterly flimsy the excuse actually is.........
The recent rumours are not yet proven to be true despite what you hear.

Itll be a no fly zone, and boots to rescue the "WMDs" at the very least....
I think Assad may be a tougher bet than his neighbour Sadam though.....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well, I think Finkelstien, mccain, holland, cameron, netanyahoo, and the rest of the idiots should be on the first line - fly them in there and drop them off and let them be killed too.

It's just another no win situation. Syrians included.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The only real shocking part is how utterly flimsy the excuse actually is

Even I don't by it this time.

My only concern is the civilians. Let the rest destory each other.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

The only real shocking part is how utterly flimsy the excuse actually is

Even I don't by it this time.

My only concern is the civilians. Let the rest destory each other.

I'm with you...I've heard this tale before. Last time I believed them...not again!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The invasion of Syria will be heralded in the future as the formative turning point which led to WW3.

I called this almost a year ago on ATS, and to be honest I'm surprised it took so long.

Thing is, it makes no sense that Assad would risk the use of chemical weapons.

The whole thing stinks to Hell, and it's a clear set-up in favor of the globalist agenda. I only hope that worldwide, enough people become aware of the agenda to actually spark a chain reaction of non-compliance with this utterly twisted foreign policy. The whole thing will backfire in a hideous way - it's just a matter of time.

False flags are the weapon of choice.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The Arab nations have taken a fair bit of the actual lead when it comes to Syria. They have sent weapons, money and supplies where the West will not, it's just we're the poster boys for it while they do it incognito - which also means we're likely to get the blame as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Diane Feinstein just blows me away! She has tried for years and wants with all of her evil little black heart to take weapons out of the hands of American citizens but is pushing for the US to get embroiled in another useless war in the Middle East- that woman takes the cracker!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join