It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double amputee Marine visits Boston amputee victims!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
These poor ladies lost their limbs in the Boston bombing attack. A marine who suffered a similar injury in war came to talk to them, and told them not to give up hope...life will be different by no means is it over.
This video really touched me

Mother and daughter
Its good to see them smile and laugh

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

Thank you for posting this story. It is a very personal one for me, and I have been reluctant to post it for fear of them being marked as "actors" and me using their story as self-promotion.

Again, thanks.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Thank you for posting this story. It is a very personal one for me, and I have been reluctant to post it for fear of them being marked as "actors" and me using their story as self-promotion.

Again, thanks.

I hope mods will remove posts claiming they are actors, they clearly arent.
These people need support, they have been through a lot.

Heres a little bit from their gofundme page

Celeste and Sydney were badly injured in the blasts at the Boston Marathon on 4/15/13. Sydney suffered severe injuries as a result of being hit with shrapnel and Celeste has lost both her legs below her knees. There is a long road ahead - both physically and emotionally - and we're hoping to relieve some of the financial burden by raising funds in their name. Please help spread the word and donate if you can. The outpouring of emotion and support has been nothing less than amazing and the family is extremely grateful for your prayers and warm words.

www.gofundme.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They've had some personal breakthroughs recently too.

Sydney is now able to walk up/down the stairs in crutches, and has seen her legs for the first time when the bandages were removed. They looked much better than her fears, and that has helped her cope even more.

Celeste is now becoming mobile again. She was able to get around in her wheelchair, with the mental strength she received from that Marine (HooRah!).

This is why I've have been on a mission here at ATS to stop this "actor" theory so adamantly. These are real people, changed for the rest of their lives, along with family and friends as well. I knew Celeste when I was younger, and there is no way she deserved this path in life.

top topics

join